NBA JAM/open Ice Monitor needed

WANTED arcade parts only
pizentios
MAACA New Contributor

NBA JAM/open Ice Monitor needed

Post by pizentios »

My Open Ice monitor is scrap, I need to find a 25 inch monitor that can fit the midway original, 5675-12787-01 or something ike that

thanks

Steve

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: NBA JAM/open Ice Monitor needed

Post by Dave W. »

pizentios wrote:My Open Ice monitor is scrap, I need to find a 25 inch monitor that can fit the midway original, 5675-12787-01 or something ike that

thanks

Steve
Is your chassis still ok? If so, you can look on Kijiji for a suitable 25 inch tube and swap it with the one in your cab.

pizentios
MAACA New Contributor

Post by pizentios »

chassi still ok but my friend said that this model is very limited to the three midway sport cabinets, we tried another 25 inch and it is not compatible with the game... This is why we are searching for a same model monitor.

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Dave W. »

pizentios wrote:chassi still ok but my friend said that this model is very limited to the three midway sport cabinets, we tried another 25 inch and it is not compatible with the game... This is why we are searching for a same model monitor.
NBA Jam and Open Ice cabinets use standard resolution monitors. You can technically put in any 25 inch standard resolution monitor and it will work. What was not compatible? Was it just the plugs and wiring?
You most likely have WG K7000 chassis (these were very common in Midway games in the early 90s).

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Dave W. »

Sorry, my point in my previous post is that Midway didn't always use the exact same monitor throughout the production of a game. So for NBA Jam, they might have done a first run and used the WGK7000, then on a 2nd run, used a Neotec monitor instead. So when you say that you need the same monitor that is in your NBA Jam, I just wanted to point out that your monitor might be different than someone else's who owns the same game.

pizentios
MAACA New Contributor

Post by pizentios »

yea exacly, WG K7000 chassis was in there, sorry about the uncertainty :)

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Dave W. »

Well, if your k7000 chassis is still in good working order, you can swap the tube with any compatible model. If you want more info on how to check tube compatibility, let me know... I recently used a TV tube from a 25" Sharp TV and the results were good. Best part is it was free :D

shovelhed
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by shovelhed »

As others have a said, a tube swap usually isn't too tough. Hit Value Village / Kijiji searching for a 25" monitor. Just avoid Sony, the yokes are bonded and can't be used.

shovelhed
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by shovelhed »

Potentially a K7000 drop in. You'd need the tube model to be certain, but they may take $15 for it.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/gat ... nFlag=true $30

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

shovelhed wrote:Potentially a K7000 drop in. You'd need the tube model to be certain, but they may take $15 for it.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/gat ... nFlag=true $30

:FP:
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

pizentios
MAACA New Contributor

Post by pizentios »

my friend (who is the guy doing the repair on it, says that it is the part near the Flyback that is having the trouble, something on the board, the tube is okay but not the board.

Sorry about the confusion, I'm the relation guy, not the techy of my arcade :)

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Dave W. »

pizentios wrote:my friend (who is the guy doing the repair on it, says that it is the part near the Flyback that is having the trouble, something on the board, the tube is okay but not the board.

Sorry about the confusion, I'm the relation guy, not the techy of my arcade :)
If he's not comfortable working on the chassis or is just stuck and unable to fix it, ask him to remove it and send it out for repair.
A guy I can recommend is Rick Nieman, just outside of Toronto. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Rick@Niemandisplays.com
http://niemandisplays.com

Espo1713
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Espo1713 »

I have a old streetfighter cabinet where the original owner tried to swap the monitor with a TV. I ended up using an LCD monitor in it but still have all of the old tube and board for the TV and the original board (assuming it doesnt work). Its yours if you want to pick it up.

I also have no idea if a TV board will do the same thing. The outputs for the video are different.