THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by WARLOCK »

It's satisfying when you feel and perform like that star.
Harder when you are that bright light trudging in the muck.
Even more difficult when you are searching for that inspiration.
Hopefully satiated for a few moments each time the star is reborn.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

As always bro, I love your words and message...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I will hint at or state this...
I search for answers from within that I currently can't locate...

I express some ideas here on occasion. Snail-mail is a tad slow in modern times, but perhaps I will return to it soon.
One day, perhaps, I shall have further clarity; but in the meantime, I am at a distant point from that reality. So, I search on.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Today in Montreal, many things were happening. And this being a Wednesday and/or a hump day sort of thing, depending on how you want to live it, I personally felt a strong need to report back here.

Wednesdays have become wonderful since I took the plunge back in September of 2017 and put in a request with HR go to a 4 day week at P1AG. I remember hesitating at first and laboriously debated requesting this in January of 2018 instead since I would be turning 55 (yikes !!). I am glad I didn't wait, mostly on the advice of my good friend and business partner Jte who is very perceptive and was keeping a close eye on me this summer before the fall came. I seemed to be losing my good nature back in mid 2017, but I am feeling much better now. I think many of us have taken a beating in 2017 it seems. Most of my friends who are in this age group (45-55) are wondering what is next and what is waiting in the wings to wallop us into the next year of our existence in these twisted times of obscene hype, noise, dumb opinions, data compilation so powerful that it has begun to limit our choices by gradually and ever so subtly eroding at our freedom and humanity, all the while providing precise and targeted abundance making us feel that we are fortunate even when our desires have become so painfully ordinary and predictable to the providers. You and I are now the products of the new marketing teams who have so much dope on how ordinary we have been made to become. Sitting Ducks for Profit Inc. (SDPI for short)

So when Drano texted me this afternoon, I was happy to meet up with him at the North Star when it opened at 5pm. In fact I was planning to be there a little before since there were repairs and some maintenance planned in order to get ready to host the IFPA provincial championships this coming Saturday the 20th. Pinbot got a refresh on its power supply via James Schid, and a new 7 digit AN gas display glass which was painstakingly installed by Jordan one of the latest repair apprentices at the North Star. The original display glass was molted and began looking worse and worse, so it was time to react. Faces by Sonic also developed a bug after solving an earlier major hassle yesterday having to do with fishpaper which had jumped the outhole switch hence causing continuity to the coin door via the wireform, the guide brackets, the ball itself and finally the apron hooks to the lockdown mechanism- wtf. Never seen anything like this before, yet we nailed it. That is what questioning can do, it makes us see what is not working right.

Drano arrived at the North Star and got twenty bucks worth of tokens which equals 25 games and began at one end of the line up and made his way down. After offering him a drink I asked him that he candidly report any issues he may notice with the machines since he is an experienced player. This to me is the most valuable repair information I can obtain from a person that is questioning because he is also a repair person, and not just a player. This relates to my final point on this thread, wait for it.

Drano had a supper to attend with his co-workers and/or clients at 7:30PM in old Montreal, so off he went from the Main and west to St.Urbain street in order to catch a southbound Uber all the way down to the old port.
Looks like a coindoor, but it's not really. More of an off grid portal of sorts.
Looks like a coindoor, but it's not really. More of an off grid portal of sorts.
Below is my somewhat late report on this new year coming into being in hopes for an awakening on our part in order to acknowledge what we are now becoming and quietly resigning to. It is also a promise to myself in a way and addresses my point about abundance and its consequences on our desires, our choices, our freedom and our humanity fading away via the lack of questioning we have accepted in the face of what we are told we cannot change. All the while we continue to feed information to the big quantum computer in the cloud that is quelling our natural desires in and through knowing what the majority of us will have for supper before we know it ourselves. We have let it know where we are, what we are interested in and who we know, (hence who we really are) and everything else we have given up for mere points and so called rewards. How it interprets and uses this information is out of our control, so we remain sitting ducks and targeted by marketing firms with more precise sights that hitherto. Ducks think they are free, until the gunshot hits.

On the last night of 2017 I was and/or imagined that I was up in Morin Heights celebrating the end of another year along with my new girlfriend's family. Traditional Quebecois meal, heavy on the animal protein and lots & lots of red red wine, music, dancing and exhaustion. Very excessive and exceptional for me I must say. I have learned that one has to be starved and depraved of what is now so easily obtainable and made readily available for the majority of us in the day to day in order to truly enjoy such a programmed and celebratory abundance. So it is a tough sell for me and for some of my smarter friends to partake in such festivities if you already have everything you need to just be OK and well during most of your days and nights of the year. For real, it really doesn't take all that much stuff to be well.

So my solution is to learn to also feed my own choosen desires now, and not to quell them as quickly as soon as they arise. Hence, I am learning to be a more of an accurate degenerate by specialty at this stage of life. It just tastes better and feeds the computer differently.

The morning of the 1st day of 2018 was sunny, light, cold and beautiful in contrast to the heavy & hot nature of the previous night's celebrations. I think I will stop eating anything that once had a face for my own health, I don't see the point of my body being a graveyard for animals. I am fed up with life and death, but I am also too full and beyond feeling well when I do not make my own choices. (Oops, I stand corrected, maybe fish will continue to be the exception to all my rules as it has for over a decade now.) So I will refrain from eating any creature that takes care of its young, how is that for an original choice, fish lays eggs and split the scene soon after so they are fair game. How is that for an uncommon new years resolution ?

So all my hopes to you and yours for an exceptional 2018 A.D. Let's at least make it better than 2017, especially for those who have lacked in peace, health, humour, good work, artistic expression, friendship, love and joy in doses that do not render us insensitive and stund/abruti/mastool and ungrateful etc.

From the first page of my philosphical repair thread, which I started over four years ago - (do a google search for pinball repair philosophy and it will lead you there)

"Let us hope that the horrors of evil no longer loiter on the doorsteps of your path, beckoning you into the brothel of despair, and that herein after you may present them with the most rigid manifestations of a firm and manly will." Jack Kerouac
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

Totally agree Rob, very insightful and thought provoking read.

I always take a moment to pause and reflect in order to fully interpret your writings vis-a-vis my personal life in an introspective fashion.

It's emotional at times.

Life does become more complicated and at times mechanic. I can relate to that.

Thank you.
Last edited by cdnpinballer on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:It's satisfying when you feel and perform like that star. Dopamine is addictive and will eventually kill you.
Harder when you are that bright light trudging in the muck. Ordinary life and following the "traffic" is fairly easy and available , hence "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" Henry Thoreau
Even more difficult when you are searching for that inspiration. Never lose your thirst, go to bed hungry.
Hopefully satiated for a few moments each time the star is reborn. All stars are all subject to burning up, but until then.....burn like roman candles in the night
Just having fun with words and ideas is relief enough for me.

Nothing I added above to Scott's words is meant to be anything more than salt and pepper to his thoughts.

Rob

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Today was another day away from work. Yes, that's two this week, and I got to tell ya, I could get use to this very quickly. And by no means should one deduce, based on the above, that I am a lazy sod. I am more likely than not just fed up with all those sterile screens, messages, prompts and ofcourse the regular routine which only adds to the crippling of our human abilities experienced daily at work in this insidious information age which is claiming an eventual victory over ignorance and that good things will result from this for all of humanity. That's great. I continue to believe that the latter will always depend on the moral fiber of those who hold high places when greed and power are also at the gate.

So you see, I am not lazy in the slightest, just simply wary of who I am selling my small choir of abilities to. I want to see their faces, know their families and especially, I need to know their values before we engage in any exchange of information or services or even goods. But this is now less and less likely to happen as we deal more and more with eachother through all sorts of on line tools and apps and media appearing efficient, but essentially they all do the same thing,- letting the oracle know about what we are doing next, and with who, and how and where. The skies above us seem cloudy today.

In "real" life, I called JamesShid this morning before heading up the Main before 9AM. We then picked up Jordan on the way to the North Star workshop and grabbed 2 sheets of playfield glass and the parts we needed to prepare the line up at the bar for the IFPA Quebec Provincials taking place tomorrow at noon. The plan was to do a thorough line up check along with some specific detailing to reduce the chances of the machines malfunctioning during this “grandiose” event. Hell, people were coming into la Ville de Marie from other cities and booking hotels for the night just so they could get some practice in at the North Star – Machines a Piastres tonight. These competitive players can occasionally be a savage bunch, and I wanted to make sure “the herd” was able to take it.

By 1pm we were confident about the work we had accomplished and this felt pretty good. A certain adult satisfaction overcame me for a change. I locked up the joint and we all parted ways. Started making my way back to the Island of the Nones in order to relax before Robi (pinballmafia) and Dwight (uncleboo) were schedualed to drop in late that afternoon to pick up their parts orders, hang out for a bit and discuss the Ottawa/Gatineau pinball scene. They would then head out to the North Star after it opened at 5 to check out the line up. Robi said that he would break all the machines and report back to me with the bad news that evening.
20180116_212228.jpg
Robi being who he is, (an energetic maniac) and yet another buddy to bust the 50 year mark soon, was calling at 2pm and uttering threats to come by my place earlier than planned. I wasn't even home yet, so after parking the car, I texted him the coordinates to my studio hideaway above the trees.

They arrived around 3 and we chatted about the things 50 years of life does to a man and decided to play Golden Arrow for specials. We talked about being at this stage in our lives and where it puts our minds and bodies and souls. Pretty much the same condition, we feel that we are done like dinner and more importantly beginning to feel our obsolescence from the craziness of our times surpassing our capabilities and challenging the way we see the world, thus leaving us dumbfounded if we don't accept things we don't agree with. Yes, the world is changing again, and as we get older, we are not as flexible or prone to appreciate disruption and chaos as a source of inspiration for new directions and a very different never seen before economy fueled by hype, but it comes to us regardless. Adapt or check out is the underlining message. Most of us 50 + males who now are living and working longer than before will attempt to find a way to get by via becoming complacent and sometimes complete morons, and that is not very exciting to say the least. So we trudge on. We are also likely to adapt ourselves to some sort of a personal maintenance schedual in order to stay in the game longer than we should, this will likely be pretty uneventful until the end comes as it does to all of us. Attempts at spicing it up on the way to the finish line is now much more dangerous and may well end up showing us the emergency exit more rapidly if we pursue “spicing it up” along with our dulling senses looking for stuff we remember tasting better than it does now.

OK, enough !! I wanted this post to be funny and joyous and life affirming because I enjoyed seeing and talking to two of my friends today, so I will make an attempt to stay true to my original intent.

Robi and Dwight were in fine spirits and wanted to play Golden Arrow with me, I indulged them even though I dislike playing pinball beyond the necessary testing I have to do at the North Star and on home service calls. But these are my friends, and that changes the approach. I cooked up some pasta and sauce from leftovers as they played and shouted like school kids in an arcade. I played my first game while things simmered. We were going for the most specials like we use to do on Pitt street well over three years ago already.
20180119_154007.jpg
Dwight was first to hit two specials in one game.
20180119_153947.jpg
Robi was waiting in the wings to take it up a notch.
20180119_153957.jpg
20180119_154038.jpg
He took it up to three specials and bragged appropriately.

I was unable to make my targets like I usually do when my new girlfriend of late is here and swears up and down at the machine. She is my latest Queen of Hearts and makes me feel like I have a chance at being OK with being normal and ordinary in my later years. Hope this concept will last.

After a while, we took a break on my request since the chimes and bells were getting to me and putting me in a bad mood. I am definitely looking for the next thing in my life to light a fire under my ass without killing me since pinball has reached a very real saturation point for me in 2017. I am OK with it as far as being a great way to make a living, but I can not find anything positive in it as an entertainment device. It is not that deep as far as playing is concerned, but it does still serves as an escape to the daily doldrums for many of us with lives that have turned ordinary. I am trying to get there now.

Robi started joking around and said that he wanted to buy my prize grail “Queen of Hearts” which sits in storage position at the entrance of my studio. I then remembered what I love so much about her and my 9 other machines which I will keep until the very end of the road.
20180119_203749.jpg
The Queen of Hearts stands majestically near an old school cabinet and makes no noise, just looks beautiful. I still can find a sense of appreciation for the look of these devices, and thankfully that has not gone away. This sense of appreciation I believe makes the North Star project such a special accomplishment for me. I do not see it as a pinball bar, it is an art gallery and that makes me feel good about being alive, and no one can take that away from me, not even time.
20180119_203723.jpg
20180119_203743.jpg
20180119_203755.jpg
20180119_203804.jpg
And when I retire to my final hang out in 10 or so years, I will have my top ten there with me in an art gallery of my own which will be housed in a country cottage with a huge vegetable garden which I will tend to as well, especially since I will likely look like and feel like an eggplant by then.

1936 Bally “Bumper”
1949 North Star “Richelieu”
1950 Universal “Feature Bell”
1952 Gottlieb “Queen of Hearts”
1960 Williams “Ten Spot”
1971 Gottlieb “Challenger”
1973 Williams “OXO”
1973 Gottlieb “Hot Shots”
1975 Bally “Bonanza”
1977 Gottlieb “Golden Arrow”

There you go Robi, this list is on your phone now. Welcome to the/your new age this month.

Hugs you lug,

Rob

uncleboo
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by uncleboo »

i just back home from Montreal after a great weekend of hanging out with great friends and meeting a few new ones, eating good food ,and playing pinball at the provincial pinball tourney today :)
Rob thanks for the hospitality yesterday, Robi and I had a great time hanging out with you and playing your beautiful Golden Arrow game even though I got beat out by Robi 3 specials to 2 lol
The Queen of Hearts game is a beautiful addition to your " maxed out at 10 collection "
Hope to back for a visit again sometime soon
Cheers
Dwight
Pins
EBD 1st Edition ,Volley

http://www.pinballowners.com/uncleboo

spiroagnew
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by spiroagnew »

Mr. RAB inspired me to share with his above posts...thanks for the nudge.

I suppose we have all worked through the doldrums and sinking feelings while participating in different aspects of the hobby. Over the holidays I couldn’t even bring myself to go down to the gameroom. I was in the midst of re-populating my Kiss playfield after a clearcoat from Drano and the area was a disaster of tools and parts, so that didn’t help. Kiss was a game I'd been chasing for years--not because it's a great player, but because the theme and art really speaks to me. In retrospect, I find it funny that I got a case of the ho-hums while working on a game I'd been wanting to pour myself into for quite some time. Maybe I didn't want the journey to end?

I think I just needed a break from EVERYTHING--playing pinball, fixing pinball, talking about pinball...I just needed to not think about the hobby for a while. After a three week hiatus, I soldiered forth onto the battlefield of the gameroom and knocked out the rest of the Kiss restoration, dropping it into a freshly painted cab with a new backglass. I could have left the project longer, but my wife, who's shoe closet shares the same general space as the gameroom, urged me to get on with it (partly because of the mess in the general vicinity of her shoe collection, partly because she knew I needed some positive vibes and a gentle shove).

Seeing this game light up for the first time--lights flashing, clearcoat shining, the electronic sounds of “Rock and Roll All Night” and "Shout It Out Loud" jingling—got my wheels moving in a forward direction again. Maybe I'm not driving on the main highway just yet, but definitely on a service road leading to the onramp.
Attachments
000-pinskys2.jpg
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Robert, I wish you all the best moving into your 56th this year.
Quite enjoy reading the stories and updates gentlemen. Cheers. Salut.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:Robert, I wish you all the best moving into your 56th this year.
Quite enjoy reading the stories and updates gentlemen. Cheers. Salut.
Thanks my friend, I appreciate your well wishes for continuation of whatever we are doing here. Regardless, let's keep the motor running without polluting I say, easier for some than others I think. :lol:

Speaking of self-importance, (yes I am guilty of such a crime, but I also have the splendid counterforce of being able to laugh at myself) I would like to shoot out an open invite to my gang of friends here on MAACA (and their wives if so inclined) to drop in to the North Star (3908 St.Laurent) anytime from 3PM to 9PM this Saturday for a belated new year's cocktail. I plan on spending that 6 hour span enjoying the space and entourage with some of the Maintenance Maniacs on the Main after our weekly line up check is done which keeps "the herd" healthy at the bar and in other places in our fair city.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

"I do believe the cocktail hour was upon us last night at the North Star - Machines a Piastres. What a life this has been and continues to be wonderous and strange."

Merci a tous le monde qui ce sont deplacer pour faire un belle gang hier soir de 15hres a 21hres au 3908 St.Laurent. Je ne prend pas pour acquis les gens que je connais et que j'apprecie beaucoup c'est jours ci.

Un vrai plasir de voir et de passer du temps avec des gens qui pense et resens les choses autours d'eux et n'ont pas peur d'en parler, cars ils s'aurons toujours quel que chose a partager quand ont decide d'ecouter.

Crazy shit I tell ya !

Alors, un vrai "heart felt thanks" a -

Cybercid
Gojira
JamesSchid
Jean-Pierre D.
Julie
lowrent
Martine
mindstorm88
pindude152
woody

Merci,

Robert

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Spiro
Sparky
Warlock
R.A.B.
R.A.B.
Sparky

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Warlock

Posts like the old days which really should return for us all.
Thank you my friends. Glad to see uncleboo and others posting.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:Warlock

Posts like the old days which really should return for us all.
Thank you my friends. Glad to see uncleboo and others posting.
Yup, I miss writing here. Must remember to keep it informative, but more importantly keep the news on a lighter note these days as the winter crunch approaches. Spring will be coming 'round eventually, but until then, I plan on keeping a certain steady schedual in order to not derail too often. It's like walking on the icy sidewalks of Montreal these days.

The new addition to my winter of 2018 schedual will be to sit and ponder at the North Star from 3PM to 7PM every Saturday going forward before going to supper with my girlfriend. That's it, that's all for now. You will find me there every Saturday at opening until just before the younger crowds start coming in after 8PM. Time to make room for the new energies of late as being key to moving forward. The world is changing again, and I pretty well am out of change these days, too many hard miles throughout this coin-operated life of mine and also with this old brain I reckon. I am having trouble seeing a future that I can fit into without acting like, or simply being perceived as a wild animal. :lol:
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Geez! A month later and I just noticed I forgot to mention my New Year's Eve victory!

Here's to a great 2018! Game on!

SHORYUKEN !!!
20171231_190851.jpg
(Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Don't know about you other folks, but I am not particularly appreciating these rapid changes in temperature. It was plus 4 yesterday, and -14 today. Yikes !

Apparently, I heard that polar bears are now mating with grizzlies I hear. Yikes is right, and this causes me to wonder what the off springs temperament will be like. Will it prefer to live with mom or with dad ?

Fuck it, consequences be damned. They will likely simply end up having to fend for themselves in a world gone apeshit.

Yes, the world is changing, - so hang on brothers and sisters, hang on.

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

So part of owning 10+ pinballs means that there is always something to fix! Especially when most of my collection is early S/S. Flight 2000 went down a few months ago and I finally got around to fixing it last night. It turns out the 6821 PIA on the main board popped and wasn't sending the data to the decoder on the driver board correctly. It was kind of strange and popping random coils! Easy to trace with a logic probe back to the CPU. I was pretty sure I'd bought a spare 6821 from Dave some time ago, so off to rummage the parts bins I go.

Not only did I find the chip I was looking for but at the very bottom of the bin I found an empty envelope from my early days of pinball when I only owned 2 maybe 3. It still had the return address on it so I knew where it came from. I was new to MAACA and it was my first post..."WTB: Sound ROMS or complete sound board for Black Hole". Not only did 1 person in the community come forward but 2! Steph offered to send me the files I needed, and OTTOgd sent me the actual chips for free! I had never met Kevin before, and after a few PM exchanges I had these ROMs in my hands! Also to mention Dave Astill is always great with his ROM service and other hard to find chips. I've purchased from him a few times and he's always priced right and quick to ship.

Thanks everyone for a welcoming experience to the MAACA community. I ended up meeting Keven through TCPL sometime later that year. It was a neat find in the bottom of a box from the past.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

I know how you feel. I was kind of worried when I started reading these forums, with what appeared to be waaaaay too much drama for my liking, but I've found the community anything but that way. There is a guy, from Pin Rev, coming to my place today to have a look at my Target Alpha to see if he can help me out with it as he fixed his up a while ago. This offer came out of the blue not long after I shared some Fire Queen schematics to someone I didn't know via text photos.

I'm enjoying my new hobby immensely.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Slacker
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Slacker »

So I also just was reading Uberhare's post and was thinking about everyone I now know thanks to this crazy place. I also met the TCPL guys when I replied to a message on here when Uberhare asked if anyone was in A-town and could grab him a PS Board for blackhole. I replied saying I would pick him one up and hook up once back in Ontario. I had never met him but years later have played at his place a number of times and was even able to play the Blackhole that part helped bring back to life. Cheers Jay
Playing.... SST, Buccaneer, Bally PB, Data East PB, Stern PB, TFTC, ACDC Pro, Hook, EATPM
Gone. Magnotron, Bally Ticker Tape Bingo, Haunted House, Totem..... My Money and sanity

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

uberhare wrote:Steph offered to send me the files I needed, and OTTOgd sent me the actual chips for free! I had never met Kevin before, and after a few PM exchanges I had these ROMs in my hands!
"What goes around ... comes around"

NOW GIMME YER CIRCUS! FAWK!

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

Slacker wrote:So I also just was reading Uberhare's post and was thinking about everyone I now know thanks to this crazy place. I also met the TCPL guys when I replied to a message on here when Uberhare asked if anyone was in A-town and could grab him a PS Board for blackhole. I replied saying I would pick him one up and hook up once back in Ontario. I had never met him but years later have played at his place a number of times and was even able to play the Blackhole that part helped bring back to life. Cheers Jay
Ah yes! Much thanks - I thought it was a long shot, but you don't get if you don't ask! You guys are welcome to come play pinball anytime...

Kev - I'd trade you Circus for Spirit :twisted:
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

So thanks to 2 strangers I have a working Target Alpha right now.

Jay, who came over and put his skills to work, and Sylvain who gave the advice in my PinRev thread that saved the day.
I would have never guessed something called a "coin unit" would control so much.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Sly
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Sly »

Sparky wrote:Well, my dad is back home from the hospital after a serious health issue. One good thing...

And today I am contemplating selling pins to purchase a van. I saw a couple of good ones for sale locally. I miss being able to haul stuff and not worry about if I can. But the problem is that I rather take a sledgehammer to a pin than sell one.

I will have to see... Decisions, decisions.

(No Sly, I am not selling you Sorcerer. LOL)
Close ... closer
Elektra Bally: Prepare for the Gamma Dimension! !!!
Last Action Hero Data East: To be, or not to be. Not to be !!!
Rollergames Williams: Go for the wall !!!
Big guns Williams: She's mine now! Ah ha ha ha !!!
TRON Stern: The grid, a digital frontier !!!
Baby Pacman Bally: Waka Waka Waka !!!
Stargate Gottlieb: Shoot the pyramide !!!

The best game is ALWAYS the one you dont have.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

One thing I did clearly notice yesterday, is that the general population is tired and frustrated and impatient. Very much expecting instant info and getting use to that as a freakin' standard, when real life demands process.

Helas, I am repeating myself, But I think it needs repetition for most people to really understand that we are not living our real lives. May not matter what we think is real and genuine anymore.