What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by WARLOCK »

Sweet.

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Azatotht wrote:Priceless
It was cool, even though I've been playing pinball for Almost 40 years and collecting only maybe 10, I'm still kinda feeling like a newbie compared to some of you folks.
People like Sparky, spacecadet28, Sylvain, Badger, Pinhead,Nick have all been very cool, helpful and welcoming to this fantastic hobby..
Oh, I can't forget Caitlyn as she's the first maaca member I met. Numerous others as well. :D This means you. Half the pins in my tiny house presently, ( 2 of 4 ) came from maaca members.
Meeting new people in the hobby I love that are as passionate about pinball as me reinvigorates my love for the game. :P
Going to do all I can to get to pincon this June! Work and family gettin in the way of my pinballin. :FP:
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Good to hear. Great people here.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Very nice Ian. Dolly and Future Spa restores in your ah, near future.
AC/DC Premium, Perky, Cleopatra EM, College Daze, Solar City and Snow Derby all aquired AND picked up.

Grappler, Big Hit, and Centaur II are all out the door and off to a better place to be enjoyed by the public.

Snow Derby on loan to Brewmanager for the freeplay floor at Allentown before it comes back home to Bluffs.
All my Allentown shopping is done in advance as I can't make it this year. I hope everyone enjoys the journey.

Thanks to everyone involved for this last journey. You all know who you are. Much appreciated...

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Finally getting to my 1965 Midway Play Ball arcade baseball game, purchased as a project 11 years ago.
Still needs quite a bit of work, a broken drop target to be re-welded, and de-hacking from the last few owners.

Noticed this interesting stamp inside the head, I was surprized to see Alouette as opposed to the usual Laniel...

UPDATE:
Interesting, Google found that Laniel was at that address in 1952 and 1959, see the two new pics below.

Cheers,
-Sylvain.
Attachments
DSCF0049.JPG
2.png
1.png
Last edited by sylvain on Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

What did I do today in the hobby? I prepared for Canada PinCon just like I did yesterday, the day before, the day before and the day before. Lol
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Chris Silver wrote:What did I do today in the hobby? I prepared for Canada PinCon just like I did yesterday, the day before, the day before and the day before. Lol
In your case the question should have been: "What are you doing FOR the hobby...".

You rock Chris, as simple as that. :merci
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Azatotht wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:What did I do today in the hobby? I prepared for Canada PinCon just like I did yesterday, the day before, the day before and the day before. Lol
In your case the question should have been: "What are you doing FOR the hobby...".

You rock Chris, as simple as that. :merci
Thanks but we need more pins. "Those are rookie numbers"! If nobody wants a convention that makes next year a lot easier. LOL
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Helped my pal, Nick, put together his new Stern Iron Maiden LE today.

Have to say it's gorgeous (awesome Zombie Yeti!), sounds great (fav 'Run To The HIlls'!), and plays great! Lots to shoot for and great variety of ball movement. Repeat loops are tough and super-fast! Did too well on my first game. But then raised the rear legs and sped the gameplay up even more. Seems like an excellent pin. Almost as good as classic Sterns. :D

Game on!
IM_1_20180515_181530.jpg
IM_2_20180515_180409.jpg

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

Picked up a Bally Beat The Clock that a lady just wanted rid of. Gave her $50 more then she was asking, as she kept it for me, even though I told her folks will be calling offering more then what we agreed on. She's happy because a camper just left it with her when he moved out and I got a unique project pin for $300.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

Played a few rounds with Chris Silver today! Wish we had more time, sorry I hogged Stargate on you I was having a killer game :) Nice meeting other pinheads and playing the silverball.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Blackghost4
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Blackghost4 »

Worked 6 hours last night on a friends Williams The Getaway. Got his playfield lights working and cleaned the whole game.
Should have taken some photos. Looks really nice now.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980), Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Deadly Weapon (1990), Gottlieb Class of 1812 (1991), Gottlieb Counterforce (1980), Gottlieb Sinbad (1978), Gottlieb Operation Thunder (1992), Gottlieb Diamond Lady (1988), Gottlieb Vulcan (1977), Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball), Bally World Cup Soccer 94 (1994), Bally Black Belt (1986), Gottlieb Gold Wings (1986)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968),Gottlieb Big Shot (1974)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz, Gottlieb Sinbad, Gottlieb Fun Land, Bally Future Spa, Gottlieb Buccaneer, Gottlieb Dancing Dolls, Gottlieb Striker, Gottlieb Bad Girls, Gottlieb Jacks To Open, Gottlieb Pro Football, Gottlieb Incredible Hulk

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Sparky wrote:... drove to Azatotht's to pick up Alien Poker, then drove to Hawkesbury to drop it off at Chris Silver's...
I'm blessed to have you in my life, thanks again :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Azatotht wrote:
Sparky wrote:... drove to Azatotht's to pick up Alien Poker, then drove to Hawkesbury to drop it off at Chris Silver's...
I'm blessed to have you in my life, thanks again :mrgreen:
We need more Ian's out there. :D

I've been tearing down And moving pins all day. Why the hell do I have to own every single one of the largest and heaviest machines ever built. Do not find me Hercules.

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Got UFO-X ready for Pincon and got it out the gameroom for probably the last time !!!!

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

I couldn't believe how heavy UFO-X was.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Guard wrote:I couldn't believe how heavy UFO-X was.
Try moving Af-Tor with a steel cabinet!

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Steel?? Never even conceived it....

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Guard wrote:Steel?? Never even conceived it....
Attachments
IMG_2540.JPG

Splitskull
Admins
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Splitskull »

I got a ColorDMD for my ST Pro-mium in Allentown and I just installed it today. Sweet Jesus this looks good!

Coitusmysterioso
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Coitusmysterioso »

Working on the basement to give the games a nicer place to live LOL.

Xylog
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Xylog »

Started packing up the arcade for Pincon! Woo!

Edit: Ahh, the satisfaction of coming across that huge bag of ratchet straps throughout the year & thinking "yeah, all in one place - I got this!"
Then the inevitable despair when you CAN'T FIND THE &#^#$**@ THING WHEN YOU NEED IT. :FP:

Maybe I'll just use duct tape. I swear that I had some right here a moment ago...
Last edited by Xylog on Mon May 28, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash Gordon, Genesis, RollerGames, Black Knight 2000,
Atlantis(Bally), Civic Center, Granny & The Gators, Expressway,
Flash Baseball, Time Machine, Badcats
LF: Bigger House

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Grabbed a Flash Gordon......the pin I always used to say that "If I ever own a pinball machine, it'll be Flash Gordon ".

Great price and almost no issues....

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Guard wrote:Grabbed a Flash Gordon......the pin I always used to say that "If I ever own a pinball machine, it'll be Flash Gordon ".
Congrats! ... but a tough game!

Bought one in 2010 and it kicked both my son's and my a$$. Sold it! ... and regretted instantly. Bought another two years later and it isn't going anywhere.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Today, had an excellent game on my very first pin (April 2009): 7,896,190 !?

Love the flow, the music, and challenge. Simple but very rewarding, especially when the beacon is going! Great game.
Attachments
High.Speed_20180529_112839.jpg