THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by cait001 »

Doing the garage cleanup as well! I should mention: if anyone here is doing a spring/summer purge, I regularly help people make unwanted stuff disappear. I do a pre-sift of stuff people are getting rid of reallocate stuff to refugees we are supporting, social services that set people coming out of shelters with homes, donate books/media to little free libraries, trade stuff for things that can help people, get it to charity donation centers, etc, and just generally try and keep stuff out of landfills. DM me if you want boxes of stuff to vanish, guilt free.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Bank-Coil takes a final symbolic stab at the dirty snow left on his front lawn after a day of being cooked up in an office. I thought I heard him say "To hell with the winter that this was" as he walked away from the pile of hardened, filthy snow.
Bank-Coil takes a final symbolic stab at the dirty snow left on his front lawn after a day of being cooked up in an office. I thought I heard him say "To hell with the winter that this was" as he walked away from the pile of hardened, filthy snow.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Today was wacky.

Good thing I am off work for now. I start driving a big green recycling truck on May 7th if anybody here is curious, no computer screens of any dictating nature at that job. I just love telling stories so here is another one.

Picked up a very nice EM from one of my home service clients who called me last week and said she wanted to sell since they sold their house. We came to an agreement last week and the understanding was that I could pick up before May 10th. Then suddenly, I get a call this morning saying that she wants it out of the house before her husband comes home from work today. Guess he found out about our exchanges. I was planning on nailing the deal down on the weekend, but that changed on a dime. Guess her hubby will find out who's the real boss tonight.

They have two machines which I serviced for them last year and I guess that their process of selling their house, moving out/in etc. had suddenly made things tense and urgent. Everything was going as planned until she called and said that it had to be today. There was an "act now" or lose the deal kind of tone in her voice. So I acted, and besides that I had promised it to an old collector buddy of mine, and my word is my word.

I am tired of other people's emergencies, especially couples, life is complicated enough as it stands, but man, having to deal with other realities than my own certainly makes me want to beg for something simpler these days, especially within our whacked out expedited times. I ofcourse make exception to this rule when close friends are having martial issues, I am always willing to listen to that if it helps.

All is well, managed to get the machine to Bank-Coil's garage where it is safe from argument. Alan's wife who was home when I called for a place in their garage to store it thought that it was just another pin for Bank-Coils pinball room, I don't think this one will fit, it is too nice looking for Alan's house of aesthetically challenged pins. :lol:

@ Sparky, please say hi to the good old boys at the bluffs and tell them that I am on the loose again. Scott can fill in the details, I trust him with all that complicated life stuff.

Hugs,

Rob

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Robert, I have posted and responded and "deleted" posts like the days of old...
I barely had time to run after Spark today at Bluffs to hug him before he was off for work...

Done, for all that you have asked...Talk in person soon for all the things we once posted on line here...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:Robert, I have posted and responded and "deleted" posts like the days of old...
I barely had time to run after Spark today at Bluffs to hug him before he was off for work...

Done, for all that you have asked...Talk in person soon for all the things we once posted on line here...
Dude, as I said, I am on the loose again. Totally free from the constraints of the daily grind which was definitely losing its charm. And I am far away enough from the screwheads who have somehow managed to take the fun out of work for so many of us. I don't know where this world is headed, but I don't see enough value being placed on the ordinary people of this world, they are now being seen by the powers that be as a nuance instead of a resource. We are slowly eliminating ourselves for the sole goal of profit for the select few. Hell, how much money do these people need ? Nasty bunch, I personally do my best in keeping a distance until I can retire and grow vegetables for myself near my barn of old pinballs and N.O.S. parts out in the boonies. that however does not take away my concern for the future generations that accept so willingly what is imposed on them as the best way to communicate and socialize efficiently. It does not fulfill the innate need for human interaction on an essential dimension. We are simply losing touch with eachother and the complex beings we are and hopefully remain, and that is what "the man" wants.

Hell, did I just say that or think it ? Same thing in my case.

My 14 year-old son sent me this last night, it is appropriate for us to take heed.

His e-mail subject reads - "a partager avec du monde intelligent" take that for what it is worth on this forum.

Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

You said it...
I know this world, and where it is headed...
Not a fan...
Looking to shake it up.

I have to become "us" and not "they".
I could be both, but too much work.

More soon my friend...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Just don't let them corner you my friend.

I think I got out in the nick of time, just under the fence to freedom just like a 12 year-old sneaking into LaRonde by finding a hole under the fence so as to get in to play the pins without paying the admission fee for the bogus rides they provided in order for us to be in awe of some non-sense or another. The rides now are just nauseating me, especially in the later phases of my life.

Personally, I never bought into hype when I was conscious of what is around me and who provides it and to what end. I have never bought into the bullshit of others, at least not willingly.

Find your 9th path.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I'm cornered.
You do know it.
Did it to myself tho.
Time to escape from it.

Thank you my brother.
You have taught me much.

9th path may hurt a small amount...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:I'm cornered.
You do know it.
Did it to myself tho.
Time to escape from it.

Thank you my brother.
You have taught me much.

9th path may hurt a small amount...
Yes, but what are we here for ? What is the point of living a life that has little meaning that brings only a livelihood. Let's do that, but let's do more when we can and are not trapped by the powers above/around us. I am learning that we have to matter beyond our next job, or the next pinball machine. Much like an iron maiden, we are only free if we break the shackles of convention and control.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

You are, of course, correct my friend, as usual.
And we have both know this for a very, very long time.

The next steps will hurt far more than the previous 100 did getting here...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Best of luck and thoughtful skill in finding your true nature and freedom and living that to the end.

Hugs, and all my hopes.

Robert

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Thank you my friend. Much appreciated.
I am working on getting onto the right path.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

And, connecting the dots...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Back home now and safe. Away from the neurotic scenarios I perceived "out there" today and admit to not fully comprehending it all mainly due to my stubborn need to believe in something suited to my values. The latter may be a flaw or a quality, don't know. Probably a flaw these days.

Started at the North Star at 9 with the weekly line up check along with James and Jordan. Chnillapoil dropped in to lend a hand with a couple of stubborn issues on Congo and Sinbad, he was a welcomed addition to this morning's routine. A monkey and a shiek were causing intermittent weirdness and had to be taken care of, we made changes and we'll see if we nailed the issues to our bulletin board of successes. Pinball repair is a process much like life, and maybe that is why I have made it my main occupation. It hasn't changed much, you have a problem and you need to find the solution in order to keep playing. Problems are not something we see as challenges anymore in these times of instant answers (what do I do ?) and quick solutions (what's wrong ?). We no longer want to think too much, because that takes time and patience and we are out of those commodities as a society, it is getting tense out there.

Chris Silver also was in Montreal today for a roller derby/pinball event and we were going to hook up after lunch, but that fell through because a real life process came up and threw intentions and plans out the door in under a minute and a half. So he went to take care of what he needed to attend to, a problem that matters to well being.

As older/exiting generations, we must not let neurosis get a leg up on us if we haven't already done so, and that "leg" has got quite a nasty and far reach nowadays. In fact, anyone, young or old can be subjected to that anxiety shit when you let it. It takes focus to deal with problems. Tai chi man, tai chi is a good defense in protecting your peace of mind from fuzzheads and spazzes. Not their fault, they just don't have the tools to fully understand how quickly and easily and suddenly their lives can be taken away from them for no apparent reason at all. Once you understand this, non-sense, lies and inane babble suddenly disappears into the fog.

Some more shop work on Baracorra and Dolly got done in the afternoon, but we are not ready to deploy these pins yet. And I am probably repeating myself when I say that process will not disappear from our reality which we are now told has changed for a new alternate and better truth which is quicker, faster and apparently more reliable. See if you can get away with that and for how long, you will need to be very lucky and that is what we seem to now count on now rather than competency and process.

So when I got home this afternoon, to my real life away from the noise of the city and all the non-sense babble of those who flow through it, (including myself) the sun was still out shinning, warm and beautiful. I spent some face to face real time flirting with my neighbour next door. She is young and bright and cute, so needless to say that she will be trouble if I don't get a firm grip on my disposition vis a vis excitable matters such as her and life continuing opportunities such as these. Younger people are something aren't they, so full of spunk and energy, yet oddly reserved and cautious in a world that has burnt many of them over and over again and crushed so many of their dreams. No wonder they look for alternative truths that are so easily provided and spoon fed to them. They want the same things I remember wanting when I was younger and usually got it because I was able and allowed to make choices on my own to match my desires and find a path that was not so well predefined. All I hear now are whimpers from their youthful beings while the songs of the doomed resonate as they look at their phones for guidance and instructions on how to do something when it is right in front of them through effort, thoughtfulness and process which they no longer seem to have any time or patience for, so the new answers are provided by someone else who has desires and interests that are not so noble as our own generated wonderment through actual experience. Makes sense.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue May 22, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

They, (E.C. that is), are calling for some sun tomorrow in Montreal, and so am I - calling for the sun big time, actually pleading for it while I was wildly yelling at the moon about two days ago. I will sure as hell get out there tomorrow for an injection of vitamin D when that star decides to shine in clear blue skies. Because after that, it will likely be four days straight of half clouds and half rain. Fawk ! Tomorrow is May 1st for piss sake !!

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/qc-147_metric_e.html

I met my neighbour from the 9th floor in my apartment building lobby tonight as she came home from work while I was on my way out to visit Mindstorm88 in Varennes. To refresh your memories, she is one of my more mature neighbours and interests who showed strong character in the italic post below from March 16th when we were all already fed up with this bastard of a winter. Needless to say, she struck me as having serious potential and caliber in and through our common condition which seems to accompany the later phases of life along with an acute ability in sharing these similar dispositions, then again, who knows. It is just pure delight these days to have people talk openly about what so many of us feel shame in admitting. We are at our wits end these days with pressures and stress and anxiety and responsibilities and things we think we need to live up to, yet we trudge on through the mud of these times regardless of the impossibility of certain tasks at this time. We are brave in a way, yet dangerously innocent to the trouble ahead, like young trusting canon fodder during world war one. Let's hope that whoever is in command at least isn't drunk on power. Chris Silver would say, "It is what it is" and I almost agree, so bring on trouble I say, it has to vent as well. After all, the rich must be overfed and the poor must die since the uber rich have no real use for them anymore since we shipped out our factories overseas for more profit for less people and less jobs for the people of our land, while the middle class will be allowed to live off the minimum they will need in order to sustain this system of lies while staying in the middle for the rest of their lives. Welcome to Walmart and Costco where you are made to feel important and are made to feel like a smart shopper. Lots of deals here for the smart and advised. Enjoy our specials, they already know what you will be buying this week before you do.

But back to my 9th floor neighbour. Here she is in her all her honesty and forthrightness back in mid-March.

I left for work earlier than usual this morning in hopes to get done with this day a little faster. I know that this is not a reasonable thought. Just goes to show you how tired and fed up I am with my job these days. But with every wrong may come a right, and this time it began to happen when the elevator stopped on the 9th floor on the way down from the 13th. (there is no 13th floor in my building, I am on the 14th apparently. It was built in the 60’s when people believed in something or other)

The elevator stops, the doors open and a neighbour I know on a casual “comment ca va ?” basis comes in, full winter clothes, heavy digital work gear strapped & loaded on her. We don’t even know eachother by name, but we have exchanged many a casual conversation & niceities in the past year or so in and around the building last fall.

“What’s new ?” she says. ”Haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Routine mostly, you know, the winter blahs and all. Looking forward to spring. How about you, quoi de neuf ?”

That was her cue, that is all she needed, a little attention and she just took the stage from there to the ground floor.

“This period of the year fucking sucks. C’est de la merde. Tous va mal and it seems like there is no end in sight. Je me plie en quatre pour mes patrons, je travail fort en maudit sans aucun signe d’appreciation de mon equipe, my teen won’t talk to me anymore et ma vie amoureuse est dans la poubelle. I am so fucking sick and tired of all this snow, wind, cold and crap, just totally fucking fed up !”

She stopped suddenly. All I could think to say was that things will get better. We were almost on the ground floor by then and she simply said, -

“I am sorry for all this, I think it had to come out, et je m’excuse pour la vulgarité.”

That was my cue as she fell silent and the elevator doors opened. I told her not to apologize and I that I felt the same way about things in general and that I completely understood everything she said and that she has no idea how deeply I understand every feeling she exclaimed so clearly, openly and naturally. Told her that I am very familiar with this period of the year in being full of despair laced with a deep shitty sense of futility likely due to seasonal disorder or whatever the hell those so called professionals have named this totally normal condition in Nordic countries where levels of alcoholism tend to be statistically higher for a damn good reason. (I didn’t tell her the last part) We are cold and tired and fed up of fighting to be under a warm clear light of good company and appreciation.

“ So you feel this too ? “ she asked.

“Yes I do.”

“Well, at least I know it isn’t just me.”

That is the crux of it, we usually are feeling the same things as others in our entourage, but to varying degrees but nobody says anything about it when they feel bad, because there seems to be a certain social shame in admitting this to strangers. We think that we are alone, we’re not, only sometimes. And when the seasons change, we will not be completely alone either in feeling better.

We came to the front entrance of our building and gave eachother words of encouragement and a friendly hug as we went off to our respective jobs. We do not know eachother by name, just a neighbour my age. I know that there are many others who feel they have no real support these days in what they are living, but I know that a new spring will come and another shot at life will occur once again. Just got to get through these doldrums in order to have a chance at something better. In the meantime, I am going to talk to more people any chance I get (YIKES !!) until spring gets here, then I will breathe that in and will likely talk alot less by then.

Then tonight, it went something like this

"Allo, comment va tu ? J'ai penser a toi c'est jours ci."

"Moi aussi. Ca va, en generale. Je suis entre deux jobs presntement, pis en plus de ca ils disent qu'on va avoir des nuages et de la pulie pour la semaine entiere sauf demain."

" Ouin, c'est tough de ce motiver dans ce temps la, meme prendre une marche dehors semble etre trop d'efforts. En plus de ca, la fin de semaine passer c'etait la plein lune pis je me suis juste ecraser devant un series de television sur netflix et des filmes platte, juste trop "bugger" pour faire de quoi de plus physique."

"Faut ce laisser aller des fois, personaellement j'essaye de pas me pousser trop a faire des choses malgrer mes circonstances ces jours ci qui me disent que je dois agire."

"Ouin, je comprends."

"Je suis sur que quand le soleil va soritr, ca va etre autrement."

"Ouin, les ecqureuils vont etre ben confus pis les humains vont oublier toutes leur frustrations."

"J'ai hate."

"Moi aussi."

I am starting work as a in house tech next Monday at Alouette Amusements. Three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) is what I always wanted at this stage of my busy coin-operated work life with North Star and Montreal Pinball. I plan on having lots of fun away from the insiduous screens that observe and calculate. I am there next week and will help you guys when I can. Don't hesitate to reach out to me for technical advice and odd ball shit as I straightening out their inventory while repairing older machines for them that no one in their right mind there would dream of taking on. The game has indeed changed for what it once was, and I plan on being much happier in the warm summer that awaits all of us. I have once again managed to escape the clutches of "the man".

Find your path.
Don Shepherd of Bally "Bumper" fame. Simply an inspiration for me away from convention.
Don Shepherd of Bally "Bumper" fame. Simply an inspiration for me away from convention.
More on the above here. take the time to read, it may give you inspiration in order to live your life differently, it is really worth it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10989&p=104664&hili ... rd#p104664

Start at the top of page 7 of WARLOCK's old thread.

Sincerely,

RAB
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue May 22, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

R.A.B. wrote:I am starting work as a tech next Monday at Alouette Amusements. Three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
Hear! Hear! Hear! :cheerleader :wave :cheerleader
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

As Robert knows well, I am having a difficult time responding here effectively currently...
Life and work and family and the way the world is; makes it such that I will simply wait until...

Well I suspect; wisdom outways...
The weather and our own ourselves...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:As Robert knows well, I am having a difficult time responding here effectively currently...
Life and work and family and the way the world is; makes it such that I will simply wait until...

Well I suspect; wisdom outways...
The weather and our own ourselves...
Hang in there my friend, we are use to living by now and waking up every morning to the same tune, (I Got You Babe) but we may as well take this gig to the end regardless of convention and stupidity of those who can not think for themselves anymore by groundhog day. And there are an awful lot of them grasping at the straws provided by that rodent or any other controlled entity for that matter. Sure don't want to wake anyone up here.

Ah man, what a day. I was totally wrong about trusting E.C. about what it would be like in Montreal today weather wise. It was beautiful and everyone was out strutting their beings. Montreal women were out there in shorts and summer dresses feeling the breeze and sporting big smiles on their faces when you looked their way. I wanted to talk to each and everyone of them, but time and space was crazy with all this construction in Montreal. No time or space to stop and smell these roses and tulips. Oh wait that is later this year, but you get the drift. Goes to show that you can not trust the "authorities" as to what is true anymore. In fact, thank goodness for smog, the weather is now unpredictable in any specific and accurate sense like it use to be. Jelly fish are also very happy about the nasty acidity of our oceans, hell something has to thrive while others die.

OK enough, we all know the end is coming, but what do we do until then ? Hide, fight, yell, strive for a better way ? I say fuck it, let those who are stupid enough to believe that this whole story will not be subject to a major adjustment in the next 25 years deal with it. I just feel bad for those who have hope in their eyes, the children we stupidly brought forth in hopes that the good side of our human nature would give them a chance. Let's hope that a star will shine in the next little while and light the way to a future that is not filled with despair and sorrow for the common folks, what we use to call the salt of the earth. I don't know about any of that anymore.

With any luck I may be as inaccurate as environment canada's forecasts, and I hope I am way off. Problem is that I can see through the fog and they can't or won't and I can smell and feel the smog that is generated by bad hoodo. Last hope is that I am a fool, and for the future generations, I sincerely hope that I am a total and utter fucking fool.

Hugs,

R.A.B.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Let me tell you about George, a young man I met yesterday at work. He grew up in Gaspe and knows fish, hence he also works in a real fishstore near the 440.

When I worked at the Atwater fish market from 2007 to 2009, my co-workers and I would keep a journal of the crazy questions and comments we got from the wide variety of clients we served. George had very similar stories to those about working with the public while serving and cutting up fish in Laval. So we exchanged many anecdotes at Alouette yesterday as I fixed a GTB "Card Whiz" and he worked on twin "R-Tune" drivers. George is an electronics whiz which one of the sales guys at Alouette discovered accidentally while buying his fish and talking with this young fishmonger.

George was fascinated by the EM I was working on, and reciprocally, I am fascinated at how good he is in fixing the complex dedicated multi-layered computer rack assemblies in Sega and Namco games.

He works at Alouette part time for kicks (like me) and is called in when they have video games that are experiencing intermittent problems. He manages to find them in record time, a real whiz kid whose main gig is fish and his real pleasure is fixing electronics.

Our age difference is about 30 years, but the connections remain uncanny.

Life circles while the dots connect as you take the time to be present, calm and content in what you do, whatever it is. Being present allows magic to manifest itself, something I am noticing more and more these days as I continue to strive in being myself through my work and the way I want to hone my skills. I am meeting some extraordinary people like George while doing what I do. I am very glad to be talking to people at work again, away from the screens and surrounded by old parts and lots of coin operated amusement equipment. That is pretty much what I always wanted to do as a kid, but it wouldn't be as rich of an experience if I wasn't encountering such a wide variety of people. Crazy, it has always been about fish, parts, fixing machines and people.

Rob

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Today in Montreal it was sunny and rainy at the same time. Doesn't matter anymore 'cause we know that smell - good oxygen coming from the bloomed trees, so we are OK, right ?

The North Star is preparing to deploy a pop-up arcade which will bloom inside a 20ft container on St.Denis street starting this Friday at 3PM until Saturday night. This outdoor weekend line up will be -

WLL "Upper Deck"
WMS "World Cup Soccer"
DE "Monday Night Football"
GTB "Jungle Queen"
BLY "Flash Gordon"
DE "Robocop"
20180525_200957.jpg
20180525_194811.jpg
20180525_212737.jpg
The container will then move to St.Laurent blvd. for the Main's street festival and will be just outside the North Star during a ten day period starting June 7th to the 17th. The Main will be closed to motor vehicle traffic from Sherbrooke to Mont-Royale. People will be smiling and walking and laughing and looking alive again.

http://boulevardsaintlaurent.com/en/eve ... l-mural-2/

Come out and play. I will be manning the container on St.Denis street Friday evening and checking up on that herd on Saturday afternoon as well after the regular line up check at the Montreal's first pinball bar.

"On the east side of St.Lawrence Blvd, there's a whole different world. People talking and laughing at anything, in the summer time world. Nobody's asking questions about who you are and where you've been."

Sass Jordan

Just the way I like it, no questions, just being who we are.

Last edited by R.A.B. on Sun May 27, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Keep it up my friend...
Thank you...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Just getting over a nasty summer cold I caught on St.Denis street last Friday night, (see above posts). And so now a week later, I am feeling a whole lot better and ready to go to PinCon with Mr.O'Reily's van which he has graciously offered to me as transport and which will be able to carry more machines than my Camary. The North Star van is still out of service for now.

So if this all works out tomorrow, I will bring the 1935 Bally "Bumper" and the Montreal made 1950 "Richelieu" for the historical exhibit at PinCon tomorrow. I am very excited about this, as well as bringing more parts that I anticipated for the flea fair. I will have new stuff like levelers, balls, bolts, locks and such as well as N.O.S. stuff from the 80's and 90's. Anybody need a Tommy "blinder motor and shield assy." ?

Let's do this thing !!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

That is such exciting news R.A.B.! SO READY FOR PINCON
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

This thread is long overdue a post...
When people ask what I am doing and/or why, I really don't want to disclose that much these days, in this time.
But I will say this in this moment here and now...
PM Sparky... (Please don't, just kidding, but these thoughts are Sparky's, mingled with mine.)

Sparky has been surprised at our community a few times...
Here are some, and they are quite amazing accomplishments...

Ottawa Pinball Show
North Star
Pincon
Bluffs

And perhaps I will also suggest, Borderland. (And what it may become.)
I will hopefully be hanging with my brothers who created these for decades to come...

Cheers.
Salut.

All the best.
More soon.