Champion Pinball 1949

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Champion Pinball 1949

Post by Guard »

I think there is more interest in the area of this forum then Southern Ontario. [not mine by the way]

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectible ... nFlag=true
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Champion Pinball 1949

Post by uberhare »

I am close by if anyone with serious interest needs assistance.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

uberhare wrote:I am close by if anyone with serious interest needs assistance.
These one-ball payout machines are heavy, just a warning. ;)
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

wow, cool!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

R.A.B. wrote:
This one is apparently not the payout version, just the replay version btw https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3008 ... 656&zoom=1
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

cait001 wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:
This one is apparently not the payout version, just the replay version btw https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3008 ... 656&zoom=1
Still heavy, a little less than the automatic payout version, watch your back when lifting regardless. :D
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

I think there is more interest in the area of this forum then Southern Ontario. [not mine by the way]
Guard, id like to think of this forum more of an all canadian forum that is inclusive of southern ontario, anyone can correct me if im wrong, you and i being from the area. not that i post a lot on here , but it is a daily read and i have done some business and got to know a few members throughout this site. there is plenty to read about as a hobbyist. i dont want to get into politics or flames , but as far as i have seen lately , the "other site" tends to be mostly a sales site for one or two vendors , a regurgitation of kijiji ads. most hobbyist posts i do make to initiate conversation go unanswered. perhaps its what i offer in conversation that is the reason for that i dont know

that being said , i have agreed in principle for this machine with a deposit to pick up friday. i dont have a bingo machine and im a litle overcrowded at my shop these days but i can always let it sit . its cab design is similar to my 59 bally batting practice.

i was a half an hour out of montreal last week picking up 4 machines, the gentleman that sold me them said someone picked up like 20 bingo machines a week or two before from him , anyone know who that was?

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Stop by on your way to Stratford......and I can give you a hand if you wish loading. GF is working so I'll be just floating in the pool anyways.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

singlezero wrote: that being said , i have agreed in principle for this machine with a deposit to pick up friday. i dont have a bingo machine and im a litle overcrowded at my shop these days but i can always let it sit . its cab design is similar to my 59 bally batting practice.
Sweet! If you do get it, any chance you could grace us with a gameplay video? These one-ball games are rather obscure AFAIK.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

ad is down, who got it? :)

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Singlezero said he was picking it up Friday

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

i did pick it up only monday not friday as planned , unfortunately it might be some time before having a game play video . i have since got my one of my 300 or so grail pins so it might be awhile . im not sure about fun factor for this but it is something beautiful .. and big!
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_20180717_0938508.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20180717_0938555.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20180717_0940559.jpg

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

thanks so much for sharing, singlezero. No rush on video or anything, but would love to see when you do get it running.
Congrats on the grail find. :)