OPGS GoFundMe Created!

Talk about anything that you would like.
Vengeance
MAACA OG

Re: OPGS GoFundMe Created!

Post by Vengeance »

opgs.png
Adam B.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Can this photo get added to the gofundme to show what might have been? Maybe also the walkthrough video?
Attachments
IMG_20180927_151341.jpg
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by dr.nybble »

I posted to pinside, hopfully it will rustle up a few more bucks: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... rother-out

Feel free to bump it :-)
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

frolic
MAACA New Contributor

Post by frolic »

Cool, I'll post to that thread.

uncleboo
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by uncleboo »

Done !
Pins
EBD 1st Edition ,Volley

http://www.pinballowners.com/uncleboo

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Wow! This is awesome guys! We just broke through the $2500 barrier!

Thank you for posting to IFPA, Pinside! That's sure to help out!

I will see if I can add the IFPA info and the Video to the GoFundMe page!

Awesome stuff! Keep it coming!

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Just looked, $2750 by 46 donors!!

So cool this hobby,
such a cross section of different people, all there for one reason primarily. Very cool.

The passion for Pinball I saw last weekend I had never seen live in person before. Only my second pinshow ( opgs 15 )
People unloading and setting up on Saturday with no power. That act alone to me describes a lot.
Josh, we only met Friday morning when things were looking normal. I introduced myself, shook your hand and you were very welcoming.( I did bring timbits) You allowed me to help as much as I was comfortable with. Very cool. I'm no guru but I tried to help Guard and tiny rodent and pinhead as much as I could without getting in the way.
Consequently I got to meet a bunch of folks, See my old friend from high school days Dirty Donny ( flashback ) . And hear some good stories. I think I also bought a night rider........ :D
Anyhow, what i saw last weekend I want a lot more of, just add a few hundred amps.
You sir, are a MADTITAN.
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

shane wrote:Just looked, $2750 by 46 donors!!

So cool this hobby,
such a cross section of different people, all there for one reason primarily. Very cool.

The passion for Pinball I saw last weekend I had never seen live in person before. Only my second pinshow ( opgs 15 )
People unloading and setting up on Saturday with no power. That act alone to me describes a lot.
Josh, we only met Friday morning when things were looking normal. I introduced myself, shook your hand and you were very welcoming.( I did bring timbits) You allowed me to help as much as I was comfortable with. Very cool. I'm no guru but I tried to help Guard and tiny rodent and pinhead as much as I could without getting in the way.
Consequently I got to meet a bunch of folks, See my old friend from high school days Dirty Donny ( flashback ) . And hear some good stories. I think I also bought a night rider........ :D
Anyhow, what i saw last weekend I want a lot more of, just add a few hundred amps.
You sir, are a MADTITAN.
I see $2700 by 49 people. :?:

I have to be honest, I really didn't think we'd break through $2K. I am so glad the pinball community is proving me wrong! :D On our way to $3K! This is really going to help keep the show going! Keep those donations coming!!!

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

$3000!!! I am humbled just watching the donations come in. I can only imagine how Josh feels. Donations are coming in from far and wide now!

I was able to add the photos and videos to the campaign. Just click on the UPDATES section to view them. Please let me know if anything needs editing!

Thank you!!!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

If anyone has twitter, please promote this tweet for further exposure https://twitter.com/PinballWomenOtt/sta ... 8803935232
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

cait001 wrote:If anyone has twitter, please promote this tweet for further exposure https://twitter.com/PinballWomenOtt/sta ... 8803935232
Yes please.

FYI... I lowered the campaign goal down to $8000. Josh had given me $7000 + some outstanding invoices so I had the goal at $10K. However, I didn't want the goal to be too far out of reach, and $10K seemed a long ways away from $7000. I didn't want anyone thinking we were asking for more than was required. The goal amount has proved to be the most difficult thing to keep balanced in this campaign. Maybe I'm just overthinking it...

I also posted the link with a quick blurb in the Canadian Pinball Thread on Pinside and pointed them to dr nybble's thread.

MadTitan
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by MadTitan »

I honestly can't thank everybody enough for all this support and generosity. The list of donors is incredible! It has been logged and will be kept close to me forever. In better times, I will return the favor in some way or another. Firstly, I need to make sure that OPGS 2019 is a real banger!

This community on MAACA is directly responsible for every endeavor I've had the gumption to take a stab at. There would be no OPGS, no House of Targ, etc. Without this community there would never have been a PINCON or Hawkesbury Flea Fair, and I'm sure many of you on this forum can pin maaca on a 6 degrees of separation list to something incredibly positive in your lives. I'm just blown away that after all these years to come full circle. The community that inspired the direction I would take my life is now the community saving it.

I quite litterally owe you everything MAACA

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

I am very proud of this community, like Sparky said, this is the positive vibe that we all needed in these sad times.

Josh, you deserve it.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

neo_geo
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by neo_geo »

Sorry to have heard what happened. I hope no one got injured and everyone is safe now. It's times like this I wish I had a FB account as it's quite powerful to share such a cause and spread the word. I've seen this was posted on Pinballrevolution and Pinside which is awesome. Good luck!
Wanted: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure, White Water, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Haunted House, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, Star Trek The Next Generation

4eyes
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by 4eyes »

Added to the pot .... bump
AFM, STTNG, TZ, TOM, FH, WW, TAF, JP, EBD, DISE, FT, EHOH, ALIEN

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Yeah no offense to the games in my basement, you're fine games, but playing them in my basement doesn't compare to joy of sharing them with everyone else.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

Over $3700 dollars raised! Outstanding!

Question: When should the campaign end? I was thinking midnight Sunday but I am open to suggestions.

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

I'd personally would give it the work week. Last thing you want is people who'd like to help but aren't everyday regulars here like lots of us.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

yeah give it at a week since it just went up stickied on pinside

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

We are close to breaking $4000! I am simply amazed by the generosity of this community. Donations are coming in from all over, not just our Ottawa locals. It is wonderful getting to experience this first hand. Thank you to everyone that has donated!

As per your suggestions, I will be keeping the campaign alive until Oct 5th @ 12:00AM.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

$41 dollars away from $4000! If you have been hesitating to donate, now is the time! You could be the donation that hit's that new $4K mark!

Thank you once again to everyone for your support!

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

$4,220 from 78 donors!!! The campaign will remain open until midnight this Friday. Plenty of time to make those donations! Please help spread the word through social media!

Sly
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Sly »

Payment done!
SOLIDARITÉ!
Elektra Bally: Prepare for the Gamma Dimension! !!!
Last Action Hero Data East: To be, or not to be. Not to be !!!
Rollergames Williams: Go for the wall !!!
Big guns Williams: She's mine now! Ah ha ha ha !!!
TRON Stern: The grid, a digital frontier !!!
Baby Pacman Bally: Waka Waka Waka !!!
Stargate Gottlieb: Shoot the pyramide !!!

The best game is ALWAYS the one you dont have.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

Sly wrote:Payment done!
SOLIDARITÉ!
Thank you sir!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Many of us got shirts last night for OPGS 2018 and wow are they stunning.