Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Post by R.A.B. »

Same deal for these.
Lots of these N.O.S. CCM coils in stock
Lots of these N.O.S. CCM coils in stock
FJ-24-850 & FJ-25-1050

Lots in stock, and again - the first # is the wire guage and the second number the turns. Bally and Williams and Stern used these coil windings, it is just that the wrapper on these N.O.S. coils say C.D.I. (Chicago Dynamic Industries) which I think is kind of cool.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

On a side note, I won't be at Alouette tomorrow by exception. (reg schedual is Mon/Wed/Fri), but you can text me, e-mail or PM your questions/requests. Always glad to help members who are clear and cool as Northern running streams. Just give me a little time to answer, I will be on and off the grid tomorrow watching the river flow.

Rob

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Another elusive little part has been found in the bowels of the parts shelves.

P-7939-1 Bally in-line drop target assy. nut and spring bracket

Well, a picture is worth more than my words right now. Apparently there is a left and a right to this thing, part number above is for the left one, and as you can see just above that there are two sides to this story.
20180820_153143.jpg
$5.00/ea. (not available at your regular parts store) :D

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Found more odd ball new old stock today. So even after 6 months of employment, I am still surprised. (That is a good thing to maintain later in life.)

Plastic rod & ring ? No one in their right mind would use these, right ? LOL Must be a bunch of salesman samples I found today.
20181012_094627.jpg
20181012_094609.jpg

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

Oh que c'est beau!!!!
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

redketchup wrote:Oh que c'est beau!!!!
Oui c'est vrai que c'est beau, même si ont sait que ca va briser. :(

Les découvertes continue dans ce man cave.

Content d'être le gars a "faire la job" de décoder tous ca avec vous autres.

Et aussi très content de trouver un sens a ma job et de ne pas avoir a justifier mes choix et decisions au boulot, et surtout de pouvoir sauver des pièces du container et le diriger dans les bons mains. :lol:

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

More weirdness found upstairs of the parts dept. near the bingo machine graveyard.
20181019_080225.jpg
Yes it is a ball arch gate assembly, I was just wondering if anyone knows for which game. This lonesome thing has got some kind of guard spot welded on at exactly the same angle on all 5 units which I have found here so far. The guard is made of steel, not spring steel, so I assume is was to prevent a ball from getting into a lane below the guard.
20181019_080210.jpg
20181019_080153.jpg
My guess is that it is a Bally part, but.....

Any ideas ?

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Drano »

I forgot about this thread.
I'm slowly getting my prototype Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown back to its former glory and one of the biggest hacks on this machine are the flipper mechs.
The right one has been completely replaced with a gottlieb mech. Would love to get a right side Bally flipper mech and two correct coils if you have any.

Other smaller needs include the white plastic tub that covers the on/off switch from inside on these older Bally games.

And... the black plastic "cup" that the main power cord feeds through on the back of most system 11 machines would be a great find too!

Thanks Robert!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Drano wrote:I forgot about this thread.
I'm slowly getting my prototype Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown back to its former glory and one of the biggest hacks on this machine are the flipper mechs.
The right one has been completely replaced with a gottlieb mech. Would love to get a right side Bally flipper mech and two correct coils if you have any.

Other smaller needs include the white plastic tub that covers the on/off switch from inside on these older Bally games.

And... the black plastic "cup" that the main power cord feeds through on the back of most system 11 machines would be a great find too!

Thanks Robert!
Hey Drano - chances are good that I will be in T.O. for the Church's swap meet.

Part numbers for your flipper requests (plates and coils) would be appreciated, makes the likelihood of getting the wrong parts less likely since this is Bally/Midway weirdness. I think that they were still using in-line flipper assemblies I would guess. Coil number would be your standard AQ25-500/34-4500, please confirm.

I can figure out the "tubs" & "cups" from your description.

On another note -

Found a whack of these as well, all N.O.S. - I can sell these for $ 5.00 each.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3459-1

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Sorry Robert.
For the life of me I could not find the Flipper coil designation in the manual. They just give a part # for the entire assembly with no specifciation for the coil. It's this one (for the right one anyway)

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinbal ... E-1587-102

I've even combed through the schematics to see if I can locate it.
Sadly, the original coils don't even have the wrappers any longer.

BTW.
If you have any of those Stern pop bumper mechs you posted above with the palstic rings, I'll take some. I shot you a PM.
I will be at the church and can certainly grab the stuff from you there.

Thanks!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Drano wrote:Sorry Robert.
For the life of me I could not find the Flipper coil designation in the manual. They just give a part # for the entire assembly with no specifciation for the coil. It's this one (for the right one anyway)

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinbal ... E-1587-102

I've even combed through the schematics to see if I can locate it.
Sadly, the original coils don't even have the wrappers any longer.

BTW.
If you have any of those Stern pop bumper mechs you posted above with the palstic rings, I'll take some. I shot you a PM.
I will be at the church and can certainly grab the stuff from you there.

Thanks!
PM sent about the pop bumper assemblies. (There is a bit of bidding going on for these amongst the "purists")

Found a picture of your machine on ipdb.org which you contributed and they do look like in-line flippers (except for the Gottlieb assy on the right- lol)

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1150&picno=69965

The coil number would likely be the one I mentioned, so if you need just the flipper base mounting plate plate and coil, I have both here. If you need the whole flipper assembly with the parts mounted on the plate, I think I have one as well.

Another possible match made.

This thread is sort of like a dating site for parts and members.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Thanks Robert.
Yes, in-line for sure. They look just like what I've got in Fathom.

The coils are the main things but yes, the bracket would be a big help. If you have other parts for that assembly (coil stop, plunger, lever etc..) I'll take as much as you have. But, worst case, I may have old ones kicking around that can be refurbished if necessary. I like to squirrel stuff like that away :)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Drano wrote:Thanks Robert.
Yes, in-line for sure. They look just like what I've got in Fathom.

The coils are the main things but yes, the bracket would be a big help. If you have other parts for that assembly (coil stop, plunger, lever etc..) I'll take as much as you have. But, worst case, I may have old ones kicking around that can be refurbished if necessary. I like to squirrel stuff like that away :)
Understood, I will bring what I have to accomodate.

Rob

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Back at work today and happy to be here, no traffic this morning and off tomorrow.

Trying to figure out where the heck I left off on December 21st after Christmas dinner at work with my 6 other co-workers.
20181221_125653.jpg
There use to be over 100 employees here in the 80's and 90's. Lunch room is pretty big, but most of the employees back then were on the road.

Still have 3 X N.O.S. classic Stern pop bumper assy. left of the 8 I found last year.

45 bones each, 3 for $ 125.00. SOLD

Rob
Pop Bumper assy. N.O.S. 80's.jpg
Pop Bumper assy. N.O.S. 80's.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Sparky wrote:Rob, I will take those Stern assemblies, and was wondering if I can order a set of 3 drop targets for a Gottlieb Totem... the yellow ones with the "explosion" graphic in the middle. Steve Young has them...
I'm swinging by Rob and will pick them up sometime after lunch Friday. I also have a list of parts to order and an Alouette gift certificate from my wife. :)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Found 2 of these paper clip dispensers. I am keeping one at my desk.

For sale at the parts counter. 20 bones for the one with dust (shown below) and 25 bones for the one that looks like it was never used. Easy decision I think for any System 3 fan.

SOLD
Magnet ball paperclip dispenser from Premier
Magnet ball paperclip dispenser from Premier
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Gosh, that's nifty. Love my Stargate. Don't mind the 80B's I have too. Save me one, please.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

More weirdness from the bowels of 8505 Chemin Delmeade in the Town of Mount-Royal believe it or nuts.

Pictured below are not original Bally bingo backglasses, but they are silk screend on glass. Have about 6 @ $ 60.00/ea. and yes they are new.
20190107_144840.jpg
20190107_144733.jpg
As well, I found some N.O.S. spinners, not sure of the games they were used on right now, so you guys tell me, they are more your era I reckon.
20190125_142748.jpg
Two double spinners with an ugly face on them are $ 30.00/ea. The single ugly face ones are 20.00/ea and so is the airplane and upsidedown stand up swing target thingy.

ALSO :

GTB Sinbad N.O.S. sowrd spinners (not pictured) P/N A-18151 - 10$ each, have about 5.

R.A.B. - finally where he should be and at your service 3 days a week. :D
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

That airplane spinner is for F14.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

These are Swords of Fury spinners...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

I know that this feeling is probably silly at this stage of my life, but I still get a 'fizz' when I receive parts. The best thing about buying parts to me these days is that I get to sell them to people who are more thrilled by the hobby than the business.

Williams P/N A-19514 just arrived, 16 of the buggers out of which 4 are reserved for my philosophical pinball pal Ballyhoo - I can still price them @ 25$/ea + tx(CAD) for now, despite the freakin' wild & crude assed Trump dollar.
20190206_074314.jpg
God bless America.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

One more N.O.S. old Stern part found.

P/N A-157-1 SLING SHOT ARM (n.o.s.) 10.00/EA
P/N  A-157-1
P/N A-157-1
Manuals and parts books for early Sterns that have come up so far (1977-1983)
Stern documents
Stern documents
This is what is left after a whole bunch of classic Stern documentation has already left for Ontario.

Stern Parts Catalog (2 copies left) $20.00
Big Game manual & schematics $ 20.00 - SOLD
Stingray - manual only and/or instruction cards etc $10.00 - 15.00
Galaxy - manual & schematics & score and instruction card set - $ 20.00
Stars - manual & schematics $20.00
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by hurricane »

Hey RAB - long time no chat! I'll take the Big Game if it's not spoken for already. Tanks!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

hurricane wrote:Hey RAB - long time no chat! I'll take the Big Game if it's not spoken for already. Tanks!
All yours my friend.

Rob

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

More weirdness for your viewing pleasure.

Stern game roms for their game "PINBALL", plugs in to the test fixture connector on the MPU
Stern game roms for their game "PINBALL", plugs in to the test fixture connector on the MPU
20190717_071302.jpg
20190621_075203.jpg
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.