Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Post by Chris Silver »

Good morning everyone,

Its Saturday 4:50am and I have sleeping issues. I figured I'd toss up some early info just to give you guys something to look forward to and read with your morning coffee.

We will be holding the 2019 Hawkesbury Flea Fair this year at the Olympia Bowl in Hawkesbury again. I believe this venue from 2016 was one of the most memorable and best times had by all. We had over 220 collectors and some great moments. It will be the first weekend in June as always since 2014.

* This event will be closed from the public (collectors only) as it was prior to Canada PinCon.
* I'll be extending the Olympia Bowl's liquor license to the outer grounds of the property.
* Camping trailers are welcome to remain onsite in the parking lot over night as long as they remain attached to their vehicles.
* I welcome someone to operate the CNPO - Canadian National Pinball Open in the private room.
* Bowling will be available at a very decent price for the whole family.
* I've made sure the event is absolutely free for everyone. The only thing we have to do is buy beer. If you don't drink, buy your friend
a beer. If you're too cheap to buy a $4.50 bottle of beer - stay home lol. If you're honestly too poor, I'll will buy you a beer.
* It's totally not a requirement, but I'd like to put a secured donation box in the facility offering the ability to donate $5 to the bowling
alley for their generosity. Ray who is the nicest man on the planet owns the bowling alley side and I'd like to make sure he gets a little
something. I'm sure you guys remember Dan who leases the bar selling bbq (2 meats and fries for $5). That was insanely generous of
him. Obviously he didn't profit. He wanted to make sure we had a great time.

I will make an official post about the 2019 Hawkesbury Flea Fair in the near future. I have more information, ideas and plans to expand on. Enjoy your coffee and we'll talk soon.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Woody
MAACA New Contributor

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Post by Woody »

Cool! All in...

Murphelman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Murphelman »

I'd be happy to contribute.
Own
Stern: , Iron Maiden, Godzilla, TMNT., Foo Fighters, Rush, Meteor
Bally/Williams:Dr. Who, Jack*Bot, Demo Man,
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Strange World
Bally: 8 Ball Deluxe
Williams:
JJP: N/A
Wishlist
Baywatch, Starship Troopers, Taxi
:mrgreen:

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

Great news. I'm there!
Count me in for bringing a pin or vid, whichever you want

The Evener
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by The Evener »

That's awesome news Chris. It was a great time at the Olympia Bowl - I got a fair amount of bowling in with my daughter so we'll be competing for top score in between checking out the pins again this year.

Xylog
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Xylog »

Alllll in! :thumbup
Flash Gordon, Genesis, RollerGames, Black Knight 2000,
Atlantis(Bally), Civic Center, Granny & The Gators, Expressway,
Flash Baseball, Time Machine, Badcats
LF: Bigger House

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Xylog wrote:Alllll in! :thumbup
You specifically Rob are only allowed to bring one pin at most. I insist you relax and enjoy. LOL
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania

Xylog
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Xylog »

Just for that, I'll bring the bowler :jumpy
Flash Gordon, Genesis, RollerGames, Black Knight 2000,
Atlantis(Bally), Civic Center, Granny & The Gators, Expressway,
Flash Baseball, Time Machine, Badcats
LF: Bigger House

MCS
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by MCS »

Sounds great, Chris! One small thing: you can't have a sanctioned tournament at a closed event. You'd need to open up the CNPO to anyone who wants to participate, if it's going to be for points.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

The regulars at the bar will be there. 8 to 10 of them and any locals that might have intended on bowling.

I can quietly tell the locals, but I don't want it to turn into a Woodstock version of PinCon.

What needs to be done to make this work?

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Yeah, sounds like a nifty time! Hope I can make it. And possibly bring a game or two.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

OTTOgd wrote:Yeah, sounds like a nifty time! Hope I can make it. And possibly bring a game or two.
Only one. ;)

Keep it simple keep it fun. If you're selling machines then bring as many as you want. There's no fees. If you bring me your Spirit that would leave more room in your game room when you get home. Lol

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

In, pending date announcement
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Xylog wrote:Just for that, I'll bring the bowler :jumpy
Set it up next to the bowling lanes
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

It's the first weekend as always in June. :)

The Evener
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by The Evener »

Chris Silver wrote:The regulars at the bar will be there. 8 to 10 of them and any locals that might have intended on bowling.

I can quietly tell the locals, but I don't want it to turn into a Woodstock version of PinCon.

What needs to be done to make this work?
I guess it doesn't have to be a sanctioned event - why not a Maaca-only tourney to determine who will reign as the Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 champ?

Heisenberg
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Heisenberg »

Only one game to bring?! That’s to easy. I’m going to be carrying the game to the bowling alley on my back to make up for the lack of work bringing in multiple games.
"I am the one who knocks"

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Chris Silver wrote:It's the first weekend as always in June. :)
JUNE 1ST AND 2ND!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Sparky wrote:
The Evener wrote: I guess it doesn't have to be a sanctioned event - why not a Maaca-only tourney to determine who will reign as the Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 champ?
I 100% agree. Let's make it relax and fun.
If anyone decides to have a tournament and run a tournament, I will try my best to accommodate them by modifying the Flea Fair to hold whatever kind of event they want.

;)

toastnjamma
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 3 times

Post by toastnjamma »

Chris Silver wrote:This event will be closed from the public (collectors only) as it was prior to Canada PinCon.
How broad is your definition of collector? The games I own are in no way gamefloor-ready, so I would only be able to contribute financially.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

toastnjamma wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:This event will be closed from the public (collectors only) as it was prior to Canada PinCon.
How broad is your definition of collector? The games I own are in no way gamefloor-ready, so I would only be able to contribute financially.
You don't need to bring anything and you don't need to pay anything. It's just for us people who own pinball/arcade machines to have a social get together. There will also be new and used parts for sale from other collectors. Come on down.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Sparky wrote:
toastnjamma wrote:
Bring a game and we will fix it. Lol
yeah half of the fun is propping up a playfield and 3 people trying to get their heads inside to find the gremlins together

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

Would love to come, but already booked for another event that weekend.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

Heisenberg wrote:Only one game to bring?! That’s to easy. I’m going to be carrying the game to the bowling alley on my back to make up for the lack of work bringing in multiple games.
You're welcome to pack up and bring my game too if you miss all the work you did last year.. :D