Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Talk about anything that you would like.
geester
MAACA New Contributor

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Post by geester »

Just finished my playfield swap on Centaur, enough room to bring it?
Pins: Fish Tales.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

I would love to be part of this. Diving into EM games has really made me appreciate them more. There are definitely one or two parts I could use.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

geester wrote:Just finished my playfield swap on Centaur, enough room to bring it?
I don't think there are ANY space fears here.
Last time we had a few games spill into the bowling lanes area (oh Haunted House!!!) and there was tonnes of room for more.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

pretty sure I will bring Sure Shot and a handful of pinball history items
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Sounds like a hoot this summer in Hawkesbury. We all need something to look forward to and I can see that this thread by Chris has preceeded the yearly Allentown one, which in my mindset says two things :

1) we need something to look forward to right freakin' NOW as we live through this stupid screwy brutal winter

2) that our pinball shows are more accessible and cheaper (the U.S. dollar is a real hurdle right now, I am buying less parts, only what I really need)

Definitely in, along with the North Star van loaded to the top with parts and machines.
20180524_130031.jpg
@fifty - call me tomorrow at Alouette and we'll put a EM parts order in for you dude, glad you are seeing the light and appreciating the engineering of the electro-mechanical machines.

@ geester - I may not make it to Ottawa next weekend, family matters and such. Pindude152 is coming down to Alouette this week for parts and beers and pickles and good conversation at North Star, so I will send your parts back to Gatineau with him. The leds and lamps sockets for your Centaur playfield swap he already has as you know, and they are included in your purchase. Also my empty maple syrup bottle from the tornado OPGS weekend is coming your way as well. Please refill by fall as we look for spring to fill it up before the year 2020 looms before us.
springtime must come first
springtime must come first
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

@R.A.B. Brutal winter is an understatement. I need a new Ax relay for my Surfer and a few other parts. I don't have a complete list compiled yet. Is that a 4 player Surfer (Surf Champ) I spy in your photo? Looks like a nice backglass!

geester
MAACA New Contributor

Post by geester »

Thanks R.A.B. A new batch of maple gold will be boiling in the near future to refill it!
Pins: Fish Tales.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

since this is for the collector community can we also spread it to pinside? I'm sure there are some NY state and Vermonters that would make the journey.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

cait001 wrote:since this is for the collector community can we also spread it to pinside? I'm sure there are some NY state and Vermonters that would make the journey.
Anyone is welcome to spread it to whomever they feel would benefit from a pinball related flea market and gathering.

I'll make an official post in the near future on Maaca and pinball revolution. We will be looking for a maximum 40 pinball machines. If we only get 15 that's fine. All I know is I will bring one. :D
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Chris Silver wrote:
cait001 wrote:since this is for the collector community can we also spread it to pinside? I'm sure there are some NY state and Vermonters that would make the journey.
Anyone is welcome to spread it to whomever they feel would benefit from a pinball related flea market and gathering.

I'll make an official post in the near future on Maaca and pinball revolution. We will be looking for a maximum 40 pinball machines. If we only get 15 that's fine. All I know is I will bring one. :D

do it up as a google doc so we can register and dibs spots for machines

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

cait001 wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:

do it up as a google doc so we can register and dibs spots for machines
You lost me at computer. ;)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

I will launch the official thread very early Saturday morning.

It would be nice to lock this thread so things don't get confusing.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

When.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

How the hell do we actually get as much done as we do ???
Juvenile still. Love it. And sarcastic.. Perfect. Are we June 1-2 then bro?

I have to plan the escape from the big smoke...

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

WARLOCK wrote:How the hell do we actually get as much done as we do ???
Juvenile still. Love it. And sarcastic.. Perfect. Are we June 1-2 then bro?

I have to plan the escape from the big smoke...
Yes. First weekend in June. I've already reserve you a beer. :D

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by TwilightZone »

Last post before the lock LOL.

Looking forward to the Fair!
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

Flashback pic before thread is locked ;)
20180602_140452.jpg

butch
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by butch »

if i can have help to get some out of my basement a maybe could bring a couple...........and to those near my place who wants to bring some i have a closed trailer that fits 5-6 pins i think (will see) lollll

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

butch wrote:if i can have help to get some out of my basement a maybe could bring a couple...........and to those near my place who wants to bring some i have a closed trailer that fits 5-6 pins i think (will see) lollll
I can offer you my help. I will also need help if you are available.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

butch
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by butch »

cap wrote:
butch wrote:if i can have help to get some out of my basement a maybe could bring a couple...........and to those near my place who wants to bring some i have a closed trailer that fits 5-6 pins i think (will see) lollll
I can offer you my help. I will also need help if you are available.
good we will keep in touch until then dont know what i will have then yet..................i like to move the line up...........you can also pv me thanks

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Dave W. wrote:Flashback pic before thread is locked ;)
20180602_140452.jpg
Flashback pics before thread is locked ;)
Attachments
IMG_20160604_170146.jpg
IMG_20160604_134018.jpg
IMG_20160604_133955.jpg
IMG_20160604_133947.jpg
IMG_20160604_133944.jpg
IMG_20160604_133938.jpg
IMG_20160604_133934.jpg

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

I'm actually in that pic.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

uberhare wrote:
I'm actually in that pic.
Huh? Wha?

Hope you're not the guy talking to that obsessive but incredibly handsome weirdo that isn't facing us!?!