Postby Chris Silver » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:02 am

HAWKESBURY FLEA FAIR 2019
Olympia Bowl
1431 Lansdowne, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1J5
June 1-2, 2019
Setup starts 11:00am Friday til bar close
Doors open: Sat-Sun 8am til bar close

In association with the Olympia Bowl and the Borderland Pinball Collective

This is the official callout thread for the Hawkesbury Flea Fair. As always since 2014, the Hawkesbury Flea Fair is a free event for the collectors by the collectors held on the first weekend in June every year. It’s been a long drawn out winter and the time is coming to cut loose.

* We'll be extending the Olympia Bowl's liquor license to the outer grounds of the property.
* Camping trailers are welcome to remain onsite in the parking lot over night as long as they remain attached to their vehicles.
* This event will be “mostly” closed from the public as it was prior to Canada PinCon. We won’t be advertising locally, but locals are welcome to pop in to bowl or participate in the tournament.
* Bowling will be available at a very decent price for the whole family.
* I've made sure the event is absolutely free for everyone. The only thing we have to do is buy beer. If you don't drink, buy your friend a beer. If you're too cheap to buy a $4.25 bottle of beer - stay home lol. If you're honestly too poor, I'll will buy you a beer.
* Bluffs Pinball from Scarborough will be hosting the CNPO - Canadian National Pinball Open
* It's totally not a requirement, but I'd like to put a secured donation box in the facility offering you the ability to donate $5 to the bowling alley for their generosity. Ray who is the nicest man on the planet owns the Olympia Bowl and I'd like to make sure he gets a little something. Dan the bar man who leases the bar, has been very generous in letting us do our thing. Our event supports the facility at the beginning of their slow season and it would be nice to see bowling alleys survive for the next generation.
The flea market itself will be outside on the Olympia Bowl grounds. Anyone is welcome to sell anything arcade related. I’ll have the 3 main tents up and ready again for free. We would like to encourage you to set up your own tempo, tradeshow tent, table, chairs, coolers and radios. The main tents will fill up quick. I’ll make a perimeter so if you choose to sell out of your trunk or a cube van that will be fine as well.
The Hawkesbury Flea Fair is our thing and we make it what we choose. It exists because individuals like yourselves bring pins so if you don’t provide - there is no event. The venue will hold a “maximum” of 49 machines inside to my interests. It can hold more, but I’d rather maintain a smooth flow. In 2016 we had 23 pinball machines and 220+ collectors. It would be fantastic to bump those numbers. The last thing I want to see is anyone feeling obligated to bring more than one pin. If you’re selling pinball or arcade machines, you are welcome to bring as many as you choose. I will be bringing one myself with a buddy.

There are a few additional concepts up my sleeve. I will be expanding on this thread as developments pan out.
If you would like to help setup, hold your own event at the Hawkesbury Flea Fair or do something special please feel free to contact me anytime. Bands, food venders and vid tournaments welcome upon prior request.
Attachments
Hawkesbury Flea Fair xxx.png
Last edited by Chris Silver on Sat May 25, 2019 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Time Fantasy
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 - Official Thread

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:06 am

THE HOLY LIST OF PINS

This is the post that I will update for everyone bringing games.

If your not sure what to bring, but guaranteed be bringing something just post +1 PIN and I'll add you to this list. I don't want to see more than 48 pins in the facility. Any more than that sounds like a Stephanie's Motel sidewalk after party which seems to be the possible upcoming tradition.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Player One Amusement Group - Black Knight - Sword of Rage
Chris Silver - Gottlieb Punk!
Chris Silver - Stern Disco
Xylog - +1 PIN
Heisenberg - Black Knight
Woody - Super Chexx
Dave W - The Getaway
Honey Badger - +1 PIN
Cait001 - 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf
Cait001 - 1931 Pace Whiz Ball
Cait001 - 1932 Bally Goofy
Goldmeister - Lectronamo
Geester - Centaur
Bob - +1 PIN
Nostalgiaqc - +1 PIN
Nostalgiaqc - +1 Bar Top Street Fighter 2
Church of the Silverball - 1973 Gottlieb Pro Football
Church of the Silverball - 1972 Midway Flash Baseball
Bluffs Pinball - Gorgar
Bluffs Pinball - Algar
Bluffs Pinball - Centigrade 37
Warlok - Farfalla
Mascouche Rob - Sorcerer
cdnpinballer - +1 PIN
Blackghost4 - Lucky Ace
cap - Stargate
Uncleboo - Volley
mbudman - Pink Panther
mbudman - Circus
Craig - Target Alpha

30 Confirmed machines
Last edited by Chris Silver on Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Time Fantasy
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:08 am

I'm also putting the Multiball shooter back on the drink list. :D
Attachments
IMG_3954.JPG
IMG_3953.JPG

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Xylog » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:39 am

+1 PIN
Flash Gordon,Vector,Pinbot,Kick Off, Mr. & Mrs. Pacman
RollerGames,Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis (Bally)
Civic Center,Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway
Derby Day, Flash Baseball
LF: Bigger House

Heisenberg
MAACA Buck

Postby Heisenberg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 am

+ 1 pin
"I am the one who knocks"

Woody
MAACA Silent Type

Postby Woody » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:41 am

+ 1 Super Chexx
Last edited by Woody on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave W.
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Dave W. » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:49 am

+1 pin. The Getaway

Honey Badger
MAACA Wacko

Postby Honey Badger » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:16 am

+1 pin
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Will bring Sure Shot, for sale.
Might also bring some older oddities.
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Tutankham
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

cdnpinballer
MAACA Wacko

Postby cdnpinballer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Already packed! Just need ice.
Attachments
36B67D35-CBB0-4A7E-B506-8B01B94A8C1D.jpeg

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:40 pm

+ 1 pin

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:56 pm

CNPO - Canadian National Pinball Open

Brewmanager and I just got off the phone and are discussing a tournament and the possibilities.
Walt could help us set the admin part up ahead of time. Run a classics tournament that is 1 day only.

Limited entries, low key, low stress, short time-frame etc... Thinking about it and will talk to Chris about it as well.
Would see if all the regulars who have helped run it in the past would be up to assist again as well. Silver and I are texting on it.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Defender sweeeet. 8-)

We should have a competition for Favourite Flea Pin.

Everyone can place one entry in a ballot box saying which one they think is the best.

If all goes as planned this spring, I should be able to compete with Warlok's Defender.

butch
MAACA Silent Type

Postby butch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:06 pm

if cap helps me +1 surely golden eye.............maybe two we will see
maybe popeye but so damm heavy to get out of a basement lollll

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 pm

Popeye would be such a treat!
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
marquees wanted: Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Tutankham
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 pm

butch wrote:if cap helps me +1 surely golden eye.............maybe two we will see

Yes, I will help you.
If butch helps me +1 probably Stargate.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

butch
MAACA Silent Type

Postby butch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:05 pm

cap wrote:
butch wrote:if cap helps me +1 surely golden eye.............maybe two we will see

Yes, I will help you.
If butch helps me +1 probably Stargate.

your on :lol:

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Awesome pins Butch and Cap! When you know for sure the quantity you're bringing, I'll put your names down and add you to the list. When you know for sure what games you are bringing I'll add that information to the list as well.
Last edited by Chris Silver on Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:52 am

Woody has confirmed via private message that he will be bringing his Super Chexx.

Sounds like we can be naming a champion on the chalkboard beside the game who can be challenged over the weekend. The winner can be titled in the thread after the flea fair. No tournament or anything, just find the current winner hanging around and offer up a match. ;)

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:45 am

A long time buddy of mine Jason who lives up my street, caught the pinball bug back at Canada PinCon 2017. He brought his wife and children and they enjoyed themselves immensely. They returned the next year to Canada PinCon 2018 where they made the decision to get an EM family pin for their home.

As last summer past, we kept an eye out for an affordable first machine and somewhere in early August we came up with one. A friend of mine contacted me about a decent machine at an amazing price. I told Jason and we contacted the seller. After setting a time and date to pay a visit, it was only a matter of waiting until the weekend. We all have different stories on the acquisition of our first pin. Jason had the childhood "wait until Christmas" story. I love that feeling. You don't get that too much anymore at my age.

We had the perfect pickup story. It was an early beautiful quiet summer morning with full sun and dew on the grass. Jason and I went to Tim Horton's, grabbed a full tank of gas and hit the road in my Dodge Caravan we prepped the night before. The seller was a non-collector living in the middle of nowhere on the way to St. Eustache. Upon inspection the game was in ok shape. It did have a few bugs, but the nice thing about EMs everyone knows is if its complete, you can make it work.

When we got it back to my garage and in good light we noticed the seller had lubricated all the moving parts. Ugh. Bringing a long story short, I did most of the cleaning and fiddling to leave Jason with tightening and adjusting the switches. He had a strong interest in fixing this machine and did a lot of research. Casually over the next couple months it slowly came back to life. It took a few early morning coffees and afternoon beers and eventually he brought it to working condition. Since then his family have enjoyed their first pin and his son still plays it daily.

Jason will proudly be bringing his 1972 Gottlieb Jungle along with his family to the 2019 Hawkesbury Flea Fair. :D

He's looking for another one now. :lol:

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:30 am

Chris Silver wrote:A long time buddy of mine Jason who lives up my street...
Jason will proudly be bringing his 1972 Gottlieb Jungle along with his family to the 2019 Hawkesbury Flea Fair. :D

He's looking for another one now. :lol:

Cool story, thx for sharing!

Unfortunatly i dont have my first Pin anymore ...(gottlieb street fighter 2)
But i sure wanto pay it a bit of an Hommage.
I wanto challenge everybody to a game of street fighter!

And i will probably be bringing my Rob zombie Le along for the trip!
Cheers and see you there!
Yan

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:50 pm

yeah! I have always wanted to play RZ

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Just a little update. I’m looking into making some sort of arrangement with Beau’s Brewery again.

We have about 2.5 months before the Hawkesbury Flea Fair. It’s still early. Anybody wish to state they’re bringing a machine to give us a little something to look forward to?

geester
MAACA Buck

Postby geester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Centaur will probably join in, once you give it your seal of approval Chris ;)
Pins: Fish Tales, Gorgar, Medusa, Centaur, BSD, Shadow, Mars Trek.

Home-built MAME Cabinet.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm

geester wrote:Centaur will probably join in, once you give it your seal of approval Chris ;)

Yes !!

I would like to check out the swap and the sap soon as well Geester.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Return to “Events”