What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: What did you do today?

Post by necro_nemesis »

LITZ Grand Champion today. The damn default LITZ GC was on there all the time I've had it. Finally racked up some points during LITZ enough to put a score up.

TZ #1
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

CAMSTY
MAACA New Contributor

Post by CAMSTY »

Pins Only wrote:Was playing Flintstones Monday Night when 2 Balls fell into the Cab, Turns out the VUK up to the "Machine" broke, so... Fixed that (Nice to have a Spare!) and then just carried on... I hope I remember how this goes back together! :roll: :lol:

It is actually pretty clean, but will get Cleaned, Waxed, Rubbered (White!) and Reassembled. Already rebuilt Flippers and all other solenoids. Should play Great!
Is that the one from your basement? From a rookie's perspective it sure looked clean when I saw it!

Today, I think I found another pin to buy......pretty sure I'm picking it up tomorrow morning!
Cam

Pins Only
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Pins Only »

Pins Only wrote:Was playing Flintstones Monday Night when 2 Balls fell into the Cab, Turns out the VUK up to the "Machine" broke, so... Fixed that (Nice to have a Spare!) and then just carried on... I hope I remember how this goes back together! :roll: :lol:

It is actually pretty clean, but will get Cleaned, Waxed, Rubbered (White!) and Reassembled. Already rebuilt Flippers and all other solenoids. Should play Great!
Done!! No surprises!! All ways a treat! :D

Dave
Attachments
Flintstones2.jpeg

Pins Only
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Pins Only »

CAMSTY wrote: Is that the one from your basement? From a rookie's perspective it sure looked clean when I saw it!

Today, I think I found another pin to buy......pretty sure I'm picking it up tomorrow morning!
Yup, Same one, I had to fix it anyway and I really prefer White Rubber, The rest just kind of should be done since you are that far along anyway.

Dave

shock_me
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shock_me »

Invited my brother over to show him the results of the High Speed resto I've been doing for him........he was pleased! Now to get it running! LOL!

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

shock_me wrote:Invited my brother over to show him the results of the High Speed resto I've been doing for him........he was pleased! Now to get it running! LOL!
That looks great. Did you CC that pf?

I am thinking I want to do a serious CC restoration on my F14 pf.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.

shock_me
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shock_me »

Necro,

Yeah, it's my first attempt at auto clearcoat. Took your advice from a while back, and reglued the inserts. Hope there is no future de-lamination problems. I'm super happy with the outcome! Now I want to clearcoat everything! LOL!

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Started tear down on FH. Mounted up the repro IPB on the rotisserie and got a few of the ball guides cleaned up and installed. Tore Rudy apart. Tumbler is running tonight with posts, jet bumper metals and some misc other metal parts.

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by hyann »

I checked schematic for a bingo machine to help somebody... hope it's a light problem like he told me , a lot of stuff in a bingo machine
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Slowly cleaning and populating the pf in sections.
Attachments
DSC02342 (Medium).JPG

shock_me
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shock_me »

necro_nemesis wrote:Slowly cleaning and populating the pf in sections.

Looking good! I seriously have to invest in one of those rotisseries before my next playfield job!

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by hyann »

I cleaned a stepper, fixed a relay and started to fix a bell in a Gottlieb 1951
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Repainted with airbrush the highway on the High Speed playfield I am doing at 11pm last night.

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

I'm about to drop a f%@kload of cash on a Nucore system.. and somehow try to hide it from the wife and pay it off before the next Visa bill arrives. :?

wizardvic
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by wizardvic »

Getting ready to place an order with PBR for myself and a couple friends ...
looking for a solid state multiball!!!

monkeybug
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by monkeybug »

Loaded up a new playfield for a strip down and clean up...
Attachments
Stargazer
Stargazer

P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts »

I have to say something here. (Oh shit, here it comes.)

This here thread is a great freakin' idea and I have to give full credit to Monkeybug for starting this, and I hope it continues in one form or another. Even though none of our posts so far even hold a candle to PinGeorge's project and texts, I believe that this thread is a damn good idea for a new "sticky" only if it didn't resemble the "Projects" thread so much.

I mean think of the variety of stories we could post here. Not just about working on pins, but what we have observed, learned, played recently and worked on today, - again not just about pinballs, but about anything to do with coin-operated amusement machines and our relationships with these machines and what comes with the total experience.

I would beg, and I am not use to begging, that the admins think about this seriously. What an interesting bank of stories this would most likely build if we put down some intelligent guidelines. Story telling is something I personally have always thought was a much better way to convey ideas than that god-damn boring factual documentation that most people resort to in order to communicate and to which we are subjected to everyday by mainstream medias that already know what you are going to think and do today before you do. God-damn representational thinking without metaphor is like unflavored jello. I say put yourself in the story instead of telling it from the outside. After all is said and done, being human is what makes things interesting, not being all alike. Agreed it is not always good what comes from certain human behaviour, but it is always interesting when recounted through a colourful filter.

http://www.montrealpinball.com/stories/
Last edited by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Montréal : 1200 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Qc H4R 1X1
robert.barake(at)cineplex.com
benoit.lecavalier(at)cineplex.com
514-856-2252 ou 888-322-2252

Toronto : 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, On L4V 1H3
doug.baird(at)cineplex.com
james.albernaz(at)cineplex.com
416-251-2122 or 888-977-4263

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com
http://www.winwithp1ag.com

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

I got some stuff from CPR yesterday so unpacked and checked my order out. Also swapped the power supply in my playboy with a refurbished one.

Will be shopping out my pinbot this Sunday and installing new decals on the vortex ramp.

Cobra99
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Cobra99 »

Working on my TZ (upper left flipper was weak). Rebuilt it a while ago this didn't help though it does move like butter now. After testing the flipper board in the BB I read to swap the boards in the cabinet and low and behold the upper right flipper is weak. Reflowed the solder and that didn't fix the issue(Bad opto). Ordered new boards from GLM with some star post lights and the switch kit. Waiting for these to come so I can get this beast working again.
My Collection
Terminator 2.....Hyperball.....Iron Man.....Transformers Autobot LE #48 of 125
Theater of Magic.....RFM(NUCORE).....Twilight Zone.....TRON LE #74
Lord Of the Rings.....Terminator 3.....Family Guy.....The Simpsons Pinball Party
Stern-Spider Man.....MMRLE(On Order).....Predator #43.....SWE1(Playfield)

Gone and will be missed
DH
STTNG
Taxi
JD
JM

Pinball Owners collection http://www.pinballowners.com/cobra99

See my Games room section

For Sale/Trade
Hyperball
****Wanted****
MM
Flintstones

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Cobra99 wrote:Working on my TZ (upper left flipper was weak). Rebuilt it a while ago this didn't help though it does move like butter now. After testing the flipper board in the BB I read to swap the boards in the cabinet and low and behold the upper right flipper is weak. Reflowed the solder and that didn't fix the issue(Bad opto). Ordered new boards from GLM with some star post lights and the switch kit. Waiting for these to come so I can get this beast working again.
Just curious, wondering what is your coil voltage at?

Cobra99
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Cobra99 »

necro_nemesis wrote:
Cobra99 wrote:Working on my TZ (upper left flipper was weak). Rebuilt it a while ago this didn't help though it does move like butter now. After testing the flipper board in the BB I read to swap the boards in the cabinet and low and behold the upper right flipper is weak. Reflowed the solder and that didn't fix the issue(Bad opto). Ordered new boards from GLM with some star post lights and the switch kit. Waiting for these to come so I can get this beast working again.
Just curious, wondering what is your coil voltage at?
Not sure since I didn't check that. The opto was loose so I reflowed the opto and that made it better but I think the connectrions in the opto are bad. Why do you ask? I have a aftermarket flipper board in my JD and connected it and the flipper worked fine.
My Collection
Terminator 2.....Hyperball.....Iron Man.....Transformers Autobot LE #48 of 125
Theater of Magic.....RFM(NUCORE).....Twilight Zone.....TRON LE #74
Lord Of the Rings.....Terminator 3.....Family Guy.....The Simpsons Pinball Party
Stern-Spider Man.....MMRLE(On Order).....Predator #43.....SWE1(Playfield)

Gone and will be missed
DH
STTNG
Taxi
JD
JM

Pinball Owners collection http://www.pinballowners.com/cobra99

See my Games room section

For Sale/Trade
Hyperball
****Wanted****
MM
Flintstones

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

Play abracadabra, change some bulb on it and solder a wire that was loose.
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Cobra99 wrote:Why do you ask? I have a aftermarket flipper board in my JD and connected it and the flipper worked fine.
Sometimes weak flippers can be a number of things starting at the thermistor and connections from the tranformer up and through the board. Optos are part of the issues too as well as an improperly adjusted EOS switch. Sounds like you found your problem with the board substitution test.

poolman
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by poolman »

slowly getting rid of stuff by doing 10 things at the same time.
didnt have time to restock beer
phone rings way too much
let dog out
finished rebuilding ring master and boom baloon
let dog in
looking for parts I know I have just dont know where they are
had coffee#5
told solisider at the door read the sign and fuck off
farted and slammed door.
IJ
AFM
CC
MM
NGG
STARPOOL
and a collection of crap that get bigger by the day

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I was exhausted last night, but I managed to take the time to rebuild 2 Stern and one Bally power supplies with new Rottendog boards. I removed the old boards, cleaned the transformer and it's plate on the Bally and sanded down the wood to a nice smooth clean finish on the Sterns, soldered the wiring onto the new boards and stapled on new warning labels on the Stern power supplies (I Photoshoped old ones 2 years ago). It all took 40 minutes.

I also used something different to level insert contours on a worn playfield but I have to let the stuff dry a week before sanding.

I also readjusted the Eight Ball playfield I am straightening. Down to less than 1/2'' of curve. Another 1/8'' and I am sure the siderails will straighten it by themselves.