Stern Pinball - Black Knight Sword of Rage

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
djodars
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Stern Pinball - Black Knight Sword of Rage

Post by djodars »

This seems to be the next Stern machine, here's a teaser:

This was taken from Stern's official website and posted to various website not too long ago. We should see more information in the coming days!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: Stern Pinball - Black Knight Sword of Rage

Post by cait001 »

nice, glad to see it's coming!
Playfield looks like a Game Of Thrones meets Spiderman?
I like the double-height shield spinner on the right. Or is that just to bash a target behind it? Anyways, we should have better pics eventually.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

I had to read the title twice. I thought it read, Black Knight Sword of Fury. I this was some sort of weird crossover. Maybe Stern should do something like this? Movies have their own universes nowadays, so why not pinball themes!?

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Bagdad »

So this is the BK 3000 that was rumored to come out? Stern but under Williams liscence... :o

Damn…I need to stop looking at this, or I might do something stupid…

BTW, if someone needs to sell their BK2k to finance this one, I'm a taker :lol:
Last edited by Bagdad on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Own:Who Dunnit / Black Knight SOR premium / Baywatch / Junk Yard / Houdini / Bram Stoker's Dracula
Looking for: Black Rose
Gone: Diner / Hurricane

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Jesus, when is Stern (or anyone worth their god dam coin) going to do something that looks less dark and angry and loud. Guess marketing strategies are taught that you have to reflect the times.

I just can't be moved solely by how this looks in order to make a decision to line up for it. Not too many people seem to consider game play before purchasing the latest Stern anymore. It is all about how it looks, the license or theme. And if "the code" is finished, well so much the better. The game layout is less and less important it seems, put some stuff here and give us a bunch of shots that make us go "ooh haa", yeah that makes sense. It is hard to create something original these days, looks like it all has been said and done in many domains as well as pinball and what they now call music.

Stern is able to sell a bunch of pinballs at 7k before anyone even plays it, simply based on licence or theme, not actual game play. Wow ! That is marketing baby, and we have become the product now, not the machine - hats off to Stern, I bow in their general direction. I am impressed at how pinball has been cheapened to hype as more important than gameplay.

I had to get that off my chest now that I no longer work for their Canadian distributor, feels good to finally be allowed to be honest without any reprimand from the man. :lol:

I remember when Tron first came out and we set it up in the showroom, I really didn't care for the theme, but man did that game play well.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Bagdad wrote:Damn…I need to stop looking at this, or I might do something stupid...
Get a grip dude, you haven't even played it yet, no one has and already they probably have pre-sold a bunch, doesn't that ring an alarm bell with anyone ?

What is happening to people, - is being sensible or at least properly informed before making a choice of any importance anymore ?

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Bagdad »

R.A.B. wrote:
Bagdad wrote:Damn…I need to stop looking at this, or I might do something stupid...
Get a grip dude, you haven't even played it yet, no one has and already they probably have pre-sold a bunch, doesn't that ring an alarm bell with anyone ?

What is happening to people, - is being sensible or at least properly informed before making a choice of any importance anymore ?
This was actually a joke. I don't think I would ever buy any NIB pinball. Maybe, just maybe if they remake TOTAN.

And, I'm even more interested in getting BK2k...
Own:Who Dunnit / Black Knight SOR premium / Baywatch / Junk Yard / Houdini / Bram Stoker's Dracula

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Bagdad wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:

This was actually a joke. I don't think I would ever buy any NIB pinball. Maybe, just maybe if they remake TOTAN.

And, I'm even more interested in getting BK2k...
I was hoping that you weren't serious. I am really worried about what I am seeing these days and how people in the hobby and the new business of operating are making decisions, - it is like they are just eating everything up without thinking, even when all it appears to be is all dressed regurgitation.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

The translite is an absolute monstrosity, sorry...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

it's Steve Richie.
it's Black Knight.
it's gonna be loud!

no wonder he's deaf ! :D
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

Azatotht wrote:The translite is an absolute monstrosity, sorry...
Not as much as Monster Bash!!! :lol: :lol:
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

cap wrote:
Azatotht wrote:The translite is an absolute monstrosity, sorry...
Not as much as Monster Bash!!! :lol: :lol:
Maybe not after all :lol:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

Guitar in the promo video is apparently Kerry King. Would be pretty sick if tracks in the game involved King and Slayer

Murphelman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Murphelman »

Dave W. wrote:Guitar in the promo video is apparently Kerry King. Would be pretty sick if tracks in the game involved King and Slayer

It's not Kerry King. It is Scott Ian from Anthrax from what I know.
Own
Stern: , Iron Maiden, Godzilla, TMNT., Foo Fighters, Rush, Meteor
Bally/Williams:Dr. Who, Jack*Bot, Demo Man,
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Strange World
Bally: 8 Ball Deluxe
Williams:
JJP: N/A
Wishlist
Baywatch, Starship Troopers, Taxi
:mrgreen:

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

from pinside:
Upper playfield is clear Lexan like world poker tour but with one flipper

Scott Ian of Anthrax is doing the guitar soundtrack
I'm not much of a classic metal head, but I do remember SCOTT IAN OF ANTHRAX IS KIND OF GOOD
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

cait001 wrote:from pinside:
Upper playfield is clear Lexan like world poker tour but with one flipper

Scott Ian of Anthrax is doing the guitar soundtrack
I'm not much of a classic metal head, but I do remember SCOTT IAN OF ANTHRAX IS KIND OF GOOD
Scott Ian evens drops verses covering PE's Bring The Noise, the most famous rock/rap collab since Run DMC & Aerosmith's Walk This Way

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

Best playfield designer of all time, my expectations are very high for this title, can't wait to see more.
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

dzorbas
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by dzorbas »

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Stern is doing a great job. dang.

Murphelman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Murphelman »

I am a little upset about no upper PF on the Pro. I mean BK has always known for the upper PF. How can they not include it on the Pro?

Looks kind of like a reverse Elvis upper PF. Other than that I like the look and the idea of the music by Scott Ian, one of my favorite guitarists. Anthrax was my favorite band growing up. Closest I will get to and Anthrax theme I guess.
Own
Stern: , Iron Maiden, Godzilla, TMNT., Foo Fighters, Rush, Meteor
Bally/Williams:Dr. Who, Jack*Bot, Demo Man,
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Strange World
Bally: 8 Ball Deluxe
Williams:
JJP: N/A
Wishlist
Baywatch, Starship Troopers, Taxi
:mrgreen:

djodars
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by djodars »

Murphelman wrote:How can they not include it on the Pro?
$$$

The theme doesn't hook me at all, but the gameplay (with the upper pf) might be nice. The music will most likely be insane though. We'll see :) Hopefully North Star or Amusement 2000 picks it up so I can try it out in public :geek:

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Bagdad »

Murphelman wrote:I am a little upset about no upper PF on the Pro.
Yeah man that's lame. I've never like the idea of have multiple versions of the same model. It's ok when it's just cosmetic, but when it involve the gameplay I'm kind of meh...

Splitskull
Admins
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Splitskull »

"Black Knight Sword of Rage"... the black knight toy does not have a sword.

On another note: why is he a "black night"? It's racist!!! Call him African-American... at least... or make him white! Why is he not white?!? I'm offended!

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by TwilightZone »

Murphelman wrote:I am a little upset about no upper PF on the Pro. I mean BK has always known for the upper PF. How can they not include it on the Pro?
Pinball is too popular for it's own good. Like a snake eating it's tail. Price increases and decrease in quality will kill pinball. I really don't think $8K NIB with taxes, and more if you are talking Premium, LE, or JJP, are sustainable.

And I agree....seems stupid to release a Black Knight without an upper playfield. I really don't think the lexan "playfield" costs that much. They could have removed the ball lock mech and went virtual with Pro, but the greed is high in pinball right now.

Stern: "Don't put a mini playfield on it and we'll sell a ton more Premiums"

JJP: "Let's remove some mechs, slap on some yellow powder coating, call it an LE and INCREASE the price" (talking WOZ here).
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Bagdad »

"The original Black Knight 2000 music is returning to the game in a special retro mode"

...oh dear...