Hawkesbury Flea Fair June 1-2, 2019 - Official Thread

Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 - Official Thread

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:23 am

Well there have been some interesting advancements over the past week…..

So far, Robert Barake will be bringing Preorders from the Alouette Amusements parts department. You can almost guarantee anything you could possibly want you can get if you order in advance.

Michel Bergeron of P1AG Montreal office will be attending. He mentioned he will definitely be bringing “something” or “somethings” of interest. It basically boils down to what he has at the shop by then and which vehicle he brings. Just having him there is good enough for me, but he wants to make sure he supports our community and shows his appreciation of our group.

Warlok of the Bluff’s in Scarborough has stepped up to spearhead the CNPO as an IFPA sanctioned tournament organizer. He will expand on the plan and his format in the near future.

Madtitan of the Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show has generously offered up a pair of free tickets to this fall’s blockbuster event to be given away during the CNPO. It is expected to be the biggest show ever in Canada to date.

The Church of the Silverball will be bringing a 1973 Gottlieb Pro Football and a 1972 Midway Flash Baseball. They are loading a U-Haul full of parts for the flea market. I think its awesome they never miss an event and always have a whack load of cool trinkets and parts. If you're looking for anything in particular just ask them and they might bring it.

All I can say is that I’m stoked to see the participation level growing as time creeps up on us.

If anyone is looking for table space at the Hawkesbury Flea Fair speak up. I’d like to get a basic idea for layout and planning. Also, I can take machine drop offs at my place ahead of time if you want to keep things simple. Items can be stored in my garage after the event to arrange pick up at a later date if you buy anything by accident and don’t have the room.

I'll post another update next Saturday morning. Any questions - ask away. 8-)
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Disco
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

NavyGirl71

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 - Official Thread

Postby NavyGirl71 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:32 pm

Excellent news. I'll be there. I can help with scorekeeping if needed. See you then. I'll be there Friday night.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair June 1-2, 2019 - Official Thread

Postby Chris Silver » Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 am

4 weeks to go!!!

As you know, a bunch of the guys are at Allentown picking up games and projects. We are getting closer to the Flea fair and will be needing vendors to sell parts. All the other bases are covered. If you can bring your own tent/tempo and lawn chair that would be great. I will have some tents if need be. Tables will be supplied.

Remember, there are no fees and tables are free. Keep 100% of you profit and get rid of a bunch of stuff you don't need. Let the countdown begin! 8-)
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Disco
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 am

I booked a room at Stephanie's Inn this morning for the night of Saturday June 1st. Apparently there are a dozen rooms available as of now.

Please set aside a spot for me to setup a pin for free play.

Please also set aside a table area so I can vend some stuff.

My cooler and Yuengling's are already in the garage waiting for their ice shower and subsequent ice bath. ;)

Is there any update on Beau's Brewery?

I have a WPT pinball and used playfield glass for sale that I could bring if presold. If anyone is interested please send a PM

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

cdnpinballer wrote:I booked a room at Stephanie's Inn this morning for the night of Saturday June 1st. Apparently there are a dozen rooms available as of now.

Please set aside a spot for me to setup a pin for free play.

Please also set aside a table area so I can vend some stuff.

My cooler and Yuengling's are already in the garage waiting for their ice shower and subsequent ice bath. ;)

Is there any update on Beau's Brewery?

I have a WPT pinball and used playfield glass for sale that I could bring if presold. If anyone is interested please send a PM

A dozen rooms? There must have been some kind of cancelation as we called 2 weeks ago and they were all booked up for that weekend! Going to try and switch our reservation, thanks for the heads-up.
So wish I had the cash for WPT! Great game.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto (out for repair), 2015 Ranma 1/2 pachinko (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Fri May 10, 2019 4:53 pm

I’ll post some updates tomorrow morning. I did just call Stephanie‘s and they have 11 rooms available. If anybody doesn’t know, Stephanie‘s is ground zero for the after party. Their rooms are decent, close enough to the bowling alley, attached to a very nice restaurant and quite reasonably priced at around $100.

I’ll make a post around 6:00-7:00. As for You Lee, whatever you need. Just save me a beer. ;)

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sat May 11, 2019 7:24 am

Good morning everybody and happy Saturday! 3 weeks to go until beers, lawn chairs and pinball.

My wife had the household internet blocked until 8am because of my kids and everyone is oddly still asleep so excuse me for being a little delayed in raising this post. Lol It would have been nice if she gave me a heads up or at least the code.

A quick update on Beau’s Brewery. They won’t be participating this year, but their beer will be on tap at the bowling alley and will also be open throughout the weekend at the brewery as usual for tours and the giftshop.

We have a friend and vendor named Rob from Mascouche returning from last year. He asked me to make a quick post of some of the items he will be bringing:

ballly MPU 35/17 driver boards
six digit displays
Stern 100 and 200 mpus
stern displays six digits
gottlieb system 80,80a,80b
mpu power supply for system 80
6 digit gottlieb displays
williams system 3/4/6/7/ mpu boards
williams system driver boards for 3/4/6/7
williams system power supply for 3/4/6/7
sound boards for williams system 4 /6 /7 including speech boards
a 2 in 1 system 4/6 big daddy board
System 11b and system 11c mpu boards
System 11 sound boards
…..And what ever else i can think of.

Anyway, everything is coming together smoothly and now its all a matter of time. We have a few vendors popping up so we have a healthy start to the flea market. We are also sitting around 19 machines. Some more would be nice and will start popping up soon I’m sure.

One thing please guys. Whatever you intend to do, post it in here. I have the memory of a goldfish lately and between texts, verbal and emails I'm going to forget or mispost information. Update your info regarding games and flea market requirements . Thanks and start getting ready!

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Postby semicolin » Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 am

Alright. Finally got off me arse and booked a room at Stephanie's. Apparently, after mine, 11 rooms left.
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Probably bringing:
1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf
1931 Pace Whiz Ball (for sale, $500)
1932 Bally Goofy

Maybe something else too depends on who I am driving.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto (out for repair), 2015 Ranma 1/2 pachinko (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Sat May 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Chris Silver wrote:We are also sitting around 19 machines. Some more would be nice and will start popping up soon I’m sure.

There is room for how many pins at max capacity?
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:23 pm

cap wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:We are also sitting around 19 machines. Some more would be nice and will start popping up soon I’m sure.

There is room for how many pins at max capacity?

First post said max of 49 machines, so there's room!

NavyGirl71

Postby NavyGirl71 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 pm

So I changed my mind. Just booked my room at Stephanie's INN. I will arrive there from Halifax on May 31st and stay 2 nights. Will be nice to be close to the party. Look forward to seeing you all again.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 am

Update from the Montreal side.

E-mailed Chris some new details this morning about this upcoming get together of collectors and craziods and thought I would update the shinanigans on this thread as well.

Leaving Montreal Friday afternoon the 31st of May, hopefully before traffic and heading up with the North Star van loaded with Warlock's Farfallal, lots of new common pinball parts like leg bolts, leg levelers, legs, steel balls (there is currently a worldwide shortage of 1-1/16" apparently - Marco has raised their price to 3 bucks USD from 2 :lol:).

I will also bring miniature lamps, locks, cleaners and pre-orders from this eclectic parts dept where I am residing presently. Keep them coming boys and girls.

I do plan on doing alot of bowling, 5 pin is not the standard in Québec, big balls and big pins are, so when in Hawksbury......ROLL, DRINK, EAT, FLIP AND BE MERRY. :FP:

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Blackghost4
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Blackghost4 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 am

Hey Chris
Put me down for 1 Pin - Williams Lucky Ace
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Swing Along (1963) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988)
Gottlieb Genesis (1986) Gottlieb Buck Rogers (1979) Williams Lucky Ace (1974)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Williams Expo, Gottlieb Operation Thunder

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

NavyGirl71

Postby NavyGirl71 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Will there be a tournament. I am still waiting confirmation and details. I will make an appearance but my timing and length of stay will depend on if there is a tournament.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue May 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Yes, there will be a tournament. There always was one. Bluffs Pinball with all of our friends in Hawkesbury and Ottawa, and Montreal and all over are going to assist.
The tournament is IFPA approved already. It is a Stern "Official Launch Party" for Black Knight Sword of Rage. It will also have several other pins in a "card of pins" you will be able to play.
Player 1 Montreal will be graciously providing Black Knight. The Tournament will be a 1 day only event on the Saturday. Approximate times that would be for qualifying are from 12pm-6pm. Finals right afterwards and are done by 9pm-10pm.
More details will follow of course. We are currently "announcing and following up on" the Black Knight Sword of Rage launch tournament at The Pint in Toronto with Player 1 first. Lots of details for Hawkesbury by this Saturday once that event is complete.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sat May 18, 2019 6:11 am

I've updated the machine list on the front page.

I need to run out and pick up a pinball machine right (emergency lol) now so I'll post an update later today.

Dave W.
MAACA Mage

Postby Dave W. » Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Chris Silver wrote:I need to run out and pick up a pinball machine right (emergency lol) now so I'll post an update later today.

Thanks for the help picking up the game today Chris!

We learned that it's been previously owned by a few of you out there. Got it back to Chris' and fixed the blown section of GIs. There is still an opto switch issue to resolve, but I'm optimistic that it'll make it to the flea fair in 2 weeks.
Attachments
20190518_171726.jpg

Murphelman
MAACA Mage

Postby Murphelman » Sat May 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Hey guys

Wondering if any of the folks coming from Toronto have room on the way back home to bring a game back to Toronto with them?

Cheers
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, ACDC, Walking Dead
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, Who Dunnit, Hurricane, HS2: Getaway
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Genie
Bally: Eight Ball champ

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Future Spa, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Sun May 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Player 1, Stern, Hawkesbury Flea Fair and Bluffs Pinball are proud to Present...IFPA tournament...

Stern Black Night - Sword of Rage Launch Party Tournament at Hawkesbury Flea Fair on June 1 - 2019.
This special tournament will feature the new Stern Black Night - Sword of Rage provided by P1 Montreal.
Black Knight - Sword of Rage is the Launch tournament focus, with a compliment of 3 additional tournament pins.

Black Knight - Sword of Rage
Algar
Gorgar
C-37 or Sure Shot

The tournament will begin Saturday afternoon and will have a card of these 4 pins that must be played.
Qualifying is 1 pm to 5 pm. Finals will begin at 6 pm with the intention is to have finals completed by 9 pm,

For ease of running the tournament, each entry card for 4 games will be $5. Multiple entries will be allowed to purchase.
The entire entrance fee will go to the Player prize pool. (other than $1 per player which covers the IFPA fee) Volunteers who assist in taking scores for 1 hour will receive 2 cards of 4 games for each card at no cost.

As a special tournament preview, all games will be available to play on free play in advance on Saturday Morning from 10 am - 12pm before being checked over and be ready for the tournament at 1 pm.

Thank you to Michele and Player 1 for providing Black Knight Stern pinball machine as well as Hawkesbury Flea Fair for the location and Bluffs pinball for running the tournament.
Hope to see you there. More soon.

PS: Yes, we would love to have as many VOLUNTEERS as possible to help with out the tournament.
Add your offer to assist here or PM me.

Thank you. All the very best.
Cheers. Salut.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:39 pm

sign me up for an hour of scorekeeping

ShootAgain
MAACA Barbarian

Postby ShootAgain » Sun May 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Can bring the following mod parts if prepaid:

Side mirror blades - $120/set
Bally/Williams - Stern - Remakes
F5C675D8-D09E-40C1-960D-A859BFA2C84A.png

5D0FD0F2-2C35-4FF1-94F9-93BEDCE771B7.jpeg

Shaker motor for Stern SAM model - $130
79857BBD-1936-4DA6-89A4-F3950540E225.jpeg

LED flipper buttons - $35
BW and Stern compatible
Red, Orange, Purple, White, Blue/White
198796C7-E850-45FA-B0C6-D12902AE910A.jpeg
198796C7-E850-45FA-B0C6-D12902AE910A.jpeg (29.67 KiB) Viewed 202 times
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 pm

cait001 wrote:sign me up for an hour of scorekeeping

Thanks Cait. Will do.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon May 20, 2019 6:49 am

2 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Hey everyone,

I've had a busy weekend. Here's the update.....

1) Moonshine BBQ Smokehouse will be onsite serving up everything from beef ribs to burgers. They are a new restaurant in town and their food is amazing!!!

2) The CNPO (Canadian National Pinball Open) will be hosted by Bluffs pinball and will have the new Stern Black Knight - Sword of Rage courtesy of Player One Amusement Group. It will be the official launch party out our direction. Information is posted by Warlock up a few posts before this. This is going to be a blast

3) Alouette Amusements – Common new parts and preorders. There's still time to order things in if you're looking for something specific.

4) The Flea Market has gained some solid tables. If you would like a table they are free. Try to give me a heads up and not show up at the last minute with a truck full.
Church of the Silverball – Flea market table
Cdnpinballer – Flea market table
Mascouche Rob – Flea market table
Hawkesbury Flea Fair – Flea market table
Hawkesbury Flea Fair – Flea market table (free grab and free drop) If you have some items to give away, place them here. If there is something you want or need on this table you are welcome to take whatever you want.

5) There will be a donation can set up onsite for the generous use of the facilities. Ray and Dan of the Olympia Bowl have been kind enough to hold our event here again. I request a small donation of whatever you see fit to show our gratitude. It is not a requirement. I'm throwing a $5 bill. We can easily do this every year without stress if they stay happy. Ray and Dan enjoyed our event 3 years ago and are quite happy to see us return.

Again, any questions post them here. If anyone intends on holding a table, bringing a pin to the Hawkesbury Flea Fair or the Hotel, give us a heads up. See you soon.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 am

I will be bringing issues of Coin-Op Carnival for sale, $20 each. (Won't need a table, I'll just have them with my old machines)
Putting together some small buckets of random things for the free table.

Return to “Events”