Dealing with the wife

Talk about anything that you would like.
Francis
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Dealing with the wife

Post by Francis »

Hello Guys how to you deal with your wife for buying new pinball.
I bought all my collection before I met my wife. Since then I was unable to buy a single pinball.
Everything is more important than buying pinball; replacing the perfectly working washing machine, new table, new couch etc.
I thing I need to be a billionaire to cover all the priority before buying pinball!
I need your tricks!
Pinball : Taxi, Pinbot, Doctor Who, Jokerz!, Slugfest(pitch n bat), Black hole, Flash Gordon, Time Machine
Arcade: MAME, Supersprint (mame), Terminator 2 (mame), Silent scope 2, Sega F355 Challenge

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Dealing with the wife

Post by Azatotht »

Francis, you need a budget !

Can't talk for others but I do have a hobby budget myself. Keeping x amount on every pay check and putting it in a separate account.

It's not only for pinball, it is more a 'useless toys' budget :mrgreen:

Bought an Apple watch and a gaming pc with it last year and I've just bought an Oculus Rift S too.

The key is being patient. Don't rush it, put money aside and buy only once you have it (no credit for toys is the way to go).

Good luck !
Cheers !
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

djodars
MAACA New Contributor

Post by djodars »

I hear a lot of people asking this question and it always bothers me so here's how we deal with money in our couple :

Everything that requires monthly payments and is shared (house, food, internet, etc. ) is based on a percentage of our yearly salary. (e.g. I earn 100k, she earns 50k, therefore I pay 2/3 of the total cost).

Everything that is tied to activities (golf, movie theater, restaurants, etc.) is 50/50.

For needs outside of that, like buying a car or washing machine, or for projects like vacations, we discuss it and split it as we can.

We each have our own financial advisors for our investments, retirement plans, etc.

Basically everything else is free game. Your money, do whatever you want with it.

So imo, you want a pinball machine, go nuts baby!

Edit: I might have misread a part of the question regarding priorities but the key is discussion and budgeting towards your goals.
Last edited by djodars on Wed May 29, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by tom_454 »

Not sure there is any one answer here. It really does depend on your wife.

My secret was to allow my wife to see how happy "the hobby" made me. This wasn't an orchestrated plan it just organically evolved over the years. I didn't own a single pin when we got together. My first pin purchase was a spontaneous ebay purchase for $600. She never batted an eye but thought it was kind of silly. Then she got to see how it kept me "out-of-trouble" (aka out-of-her-hair when she was reading). Over time this evolved to 3 pins (they were easy to find in the $1,500 - $2k range back then). Then one particular evening I saw my grail pin come up for sale on MAACA - a HUO LOTR for a crazy price of $4k - which was a couple hundred more than most people would have valued it at the time but they were extremely sought after. Supply/Demand. I charged into the living room where she was quietly reading a book and she could see the look on my face and asked "What did you find that you want to buy now?" I responded with a question of my own, "What would it take for us to agree that i could spend $4k on a LOTR pinball machine?" (She was also a big fan of the books.) She hesitated for about 5 seconds and promptly replied with "A trip by myself to the Dominican Republic!" We had a 7 year old at the time - so a week alone without any responsibilities was an awesome treat for her. I said "Deal!" We smiled and she said "Go buy it!"

After the initial shock and I had picked it up a few weeks later, I asked her what it was that made her agree. To which she replied, "It was the look of joy on your face when you asked?" She had seen me enjoying the hobby over the years. I enjoy it but don't let it get in the way of getting household chores/jobs done. I also volunteer a lot in the community so the hobby was an escape for me (I enjoy working on them as much as I do playing.) My wife recognizes that.

We also came to an agreement years ago that we would discuss all major household spending (but none of the smaller items). We always have. She loves beach vacations (salt water and sand between her toes) and every second year she goes down south either alone or with a close friend. Both her love of beaches and my passion for pinball are in reality frivolous ways to pass time and aren't required for our survival. We both mutually recognize that happiness is important and these things are one more thing that elevate our happiness.

In the early days, we had both agreed that 4 pins would be the household limit. Then one day she woke up and said "How did we end up with 11 pinball machines in our house?" I just smiled. Now she was not happy when the 12th arrived (I pressured her a little) as space was becoming an issue - I agreed with that assessment and eventually it went down to 11 again (I think - I'll have to re-count when I get home tonight).

I am sure her understanding in having that much money tied-up in entertainment devices is helped by the fact that they have appreciated in value. If they depreciated like a car - even I would be less happy and have fewer machines.

I think it ultimately boils down to trusting your partner and you need to discuss with each other the "little" things that are important to each other. Those little things add up.

On the other hand, if anyone is buying pins left-right-and center with a massive line-of-credit then ... well just try not to.

Let her see your happiness (might take time so be patient). Good luck.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

We discuss any large purchase together, so I tell her about the pins I want to buy and she has to agree.
I convinced her I would not lose money and we could always resell them quickly if in a pinch.
I bought a few pins that were cheaper but needed work.
She sees the original price tag but not the incremental cost of repair.
Once the collection is established, you can trade without spending a lot of money.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

I was wondering if anyone would answer Francis on how to work out a deal with his wife vis à vis his pinball machine passion. I quietly thought to myself that I would write something funny if no one dared reply. Some of your wives I am sure read, or have read this forum so this can be a well visited topic.

All partnerships and joint ventures alike require necogiation as you all probably know. It is tough when the opposite party decides on the outcome before the necogiations even start, this happens often. When two become one who is the one to become ? Damn, good question.

I can necogciate when I have to, and avoid it like the plague when I can permit myself that luxury. I guess I am spoiled by my independance. I just find that it is better to decide stuff on my own and do whatever I enjoy as long as it doesn't impede on my close ones' freedom or happiness, or hurts them knowingly. Bottom line, don't do things that you know will piss off your partner(s) when you are doing what makes you happy, but do find a way to be happy, it is so damn important to well being.

There is alot to this topic, I will edit this post tonight when I get home after my supper date.

EDIT COMPLETE :

I was wondering if anyone would address Francis' issue on how to work out a deal with his wife vis à vis his pinball machine passion. I quietly thought to myself that I would write something funny if no one dared reply. I am glad so many have responded with very intelligent suggestions and comments, so I will refrain from being humorous and try to address this seriously to the best of my abilities. I am sure that some of your wives have read this forum at one time or another and got bored. Maybe you don't know this, or think she hasn't, she has. Just don't be naive even if she says she's not interested in reading the posts of afflicted men. This post will be a well visited topic i am sure. I however have nothing to lose in writing what I think since I have been spoiled by independence since I started collecting and even after I stopped and finally came to my senses.

All partnerships and joint ventures alike require negotiation as I am sure you are all well aware of. It is tough when the opposite party decides on the outcome of the negotiating session before it even begins, this happens often.

From a Peter Gabriel song “When two become one, who is the one to become ?” Damn, good question. There always seems to be an inequality to a couple, and dare I say that I think this is OK and normal, but often embarrassing to be around when you are listening to them exchange manipulations. This is because the relationship is talking, not the individuals. Both parties hopefully find their place within that third entity which is created when two become one. That third entity is the relationship itself. It has a life of its own and that is why it is difficult to be around, it's like having a child that doesn't physically manifest itself, so it can be tough to manage, let alone follow or understand.

Here are the three basic points of contention as I see them :

SPACE/TERRITORY - don't put these things anywhere beyond the agreed upon designated space in the homestead, stay in the garage or the cave i.e. basement, remember your wife will be above you when you are downstairs. Move it on over to another building if you can, a shed, a tennis court, a separate garage or at best a workshop warehouse.

TIME/ATTENTION – if they (i.e. pinballs) take attention and time away from your wife and the duplication stemming from the invisible kid (i.e. your relationship), you will definitely be in trouble. But because you are a tool, you won't know there is anything wrong until its too late. She will wait for the right moment to spill the beans of her disenchantment, you won't see it coming because she is smarter than you in this instance.

MONEY/RESOURCES – make your own money and use the resources you gather after everyone else is provided for. This can be tricky, because if you manage to produce new resources and she finds out about them, she will expect these “found” monies to be used for the family unit, not your herd of machines which you have managed to lasso in this pricey marketplace. She is building a herd as well, and it ain't the same as yours and this is where there can be trouble. She may want to take the family unit to Disneyland and you may want to fix and play pinball alone and enjoy some personal time away from the noise of the world. You may not want to give away the new resources you have worked for to a corporate mouse. OH, good times !!

A separate building for your pinball collection is a great solution if you can afford it. Use your money and keep the pins out of the way of your wife's house, and don't kid yourself, it is most certainly her house not yours as long as you are under the same roof, and likely even when the gig is over. You are mostly just a tool. And being a tool means that you are useful to her and she needs to keep you around under certain conditions, cause you can fix stuff and make her duplicate if and when she decides she wants to. That is what most couples do, they duplicate themselves via the female so this repetitive story can go on to whatever end we know nothing about. (I really didn't mean to write anything funny when I started, honest)

So you have to conciliate, and the rules of logic will not apply. Emotions will come into it and it may go to hell in a hand basket in under a minute and a half. Step back, say yes for a while and appeal to her importance. If she believes and you believe she is extraordinary and unique and the most important person in your world you will be OK, and remember you are still a tool and will remain one regardless.

I can negotiate when I have to, and avoid it like the plague when I can permit myself that luxury. It is a troublesome practice when you get happy and set in your ways without being mean. Again, I guess I am spoiled by my independence at 56, so I may not be the best person to give advice on this touchy topic, but I can certainly give my opinion. Since I am somewhat of an exacting and difficult bedfellow, I just find that it is better to decide stuff on my own and do whatever I enjoy as long as it doesn't impede on my close ones' freedom or happiness or hurts them knowingly. Know thyself, most important two words ever uttered by a guy who fell in a well long ago. When responsibilities are met, you should be free, that is existential theory and Sparky expressed this well in his post. Bottom line, don't do things that you know will piss off your partner(s) when you are doing what makes you happy, but do find your thoughtful way to be happy, it is so damn important to the well being of whichever herd you tend to.

R.A.B.

For our English readers the youtube clip below may be a little hard to absorb. Mais je suis certain que les membres Francophone vont apprécier les paroles. Commencer a l'index 4:25 pour ceux qui sont impatient pour les paroles. Trouvez vous que Plume resemble a Michel Pigeon des fois dans le video ? :D Index 7:17 - Tabarnac !!

Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed May 29, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 12 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

DrDude
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by DrDude »

tom_454 wrote:On the other hand, if anyone is buying pins left-right-and center with a massive line-of-credit then ... well just try not to.

Those two lines capture it for me. First, the hobby is largely expense-neutral, since over time I have been able to sell enough fixed-up corpses for profit (on my free labour!) to basically pay for the pins I've kept (though obviously, the hobby is not space-neutral!) . Second, if you truly enjoy the hobby, and your partner is indeed your partner, then they will support you in pursuing it (until the inevitable "pinball in the dinning room" moment, at which point you likely have crossed the line!)
Last edited by DrDude on Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

EVH
MAACA New Contributor

Post by EVH »

Maybe I am alone here but I have never asked permission. I just say I am going to pick up a game tomorrow and that is it. I did this from day #1 and it has never been an issue. I guess I have a very understanding wife.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

Francis, are you saying she will not let you add to your collection, or she will not let you trade anything?
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

A friend recently reminded me that if I "fail to state" my place in the pack, I am the runt...

In contrast, in this particular unique hobby alone, I remind my wife that she owns 1/2 of everything I own...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Azatotht wrote:Francis, you need a budget !

Can't talk for others but I do have a hobby budget myself. Keeping x amount on every pay check and putting it in a separate account.

It's not only for pinball, it is more a 'useless toys' budget :mrgreen:

Bought an Apple watch and a gaming pc with it last year and I've just bought an Oculus Rift S too.

The key is being patient. Don't rush it, put money aside and buy only once you have it (no credit for toys is the way to go).

Good luck !
Cheers !
Well said my friend. I regularly run this advice you have stated through my mind.
I am not great at following it, but it is sound and sage advice that I have always respected about you my friend.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

djodars wrote:I hear a lot of people asking this question and it always bothers me so here's how we deal with money in our couple :

Everything that requires monthly payments and is shared (house, food, internet, etc. ) is based on a percentage of our yearly salary. (e.g. I earn 100k, she earns 50k, therefore I pay 2/3 of the total cost).

Everything that is tied to activities (golf, movie theater, restaurants, etc.) is 50/50.

For needs outside of that, like buying a car or washing machine, or for projects like vacations, we discuss it and split it as we can.

We each have our own financial advisors for our investments, retirement plans, etc.

Basically everything else is free game. Your money, do whatever you want with it.

So imo, you want a pinball machine, go nuts baby!

Edit: I might have misread a part of the question regarding priorities but the key is discussion and budgeting towards your goals.
Very well said Jonathan. I like you already.
Looking forward to meeting you in Hawkesbury.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

tom_454 wrote:Not sure there is any one answer here. It really does depend on your wife.

My secret was to allow my wife to see how happy "the hobby" made me. This wasn't an orchestrated plan it just organically evolved over the years. I didn't own a single pin when we got together. My first pin purchase was a spontaneous ebay purchase for $600. She never batted an eye but thought it was kind of silly. Then she got to see how it kept me "out-of-trouble" (aka out-of-her-hair when she was reading). Over time this evolved to 3 pins (they were easy to find in the $1,500 - $2k range back then). Then one particular evening I saw my grail pin come up for sale on MAACA - a HUO LOTR for a crazy price of $4k - which was a couple hundred more than most people would have valued it at the time but they were extremely sought after. Supply/Demand. I charged into the living room where she was quietly reading a book and she could see the look on my face and asked "What did you find that you want to buy now?" I responded with a question of my own, "What would it take for us to agree that i could spend $4k on a LOTR pinball machine?" (She was also a big fan of the books.) She hesitated for about 5 seconds and promptly replied with "A trip by myself to the Dominican Republic!" We had a 7 year old at the time - so a week alone without any responsibilities was an awesome treat for her. I said "Deal!" We smiled and she said "Go buy it!"

After the initial shock and I had picked it up a few weeks later, I asked her what it was that made her agree. To which she replied, "It was the look of joy on your face when you asked?" She had seen me enjoying the hobby over the years. I enjoy it but don't let it get in the way of getting household chores/jobs done. I also volunteer a lot in the community so the hobby was an escape for me (I enjoy working on them as much as I do playing.) My wife recognizes that.

We also came to an agreement years ago that we would discuss all major household spending (but none of the smaller items). We always have. She loves beach vacations (salt water and sand between her toes) and every second year she goes down south either alone or with a close friend. Both her love of beaches and my passion for pinball are in reality frivolous ways to pass time and aren't required for our survival. We both mutually recognize that happiness is important and these things are one more thing that elevate our happiness.

In the early days, we had both agreed that 4 pins would be the household limit. Then one day she woke up and said "How did we end up with 11 pinball machines in our house?" I just smiled. Now she was not happy when the 12th arrived (I pressured her a little) as space was becoming an issue - I agreed with that assessment and eventually it went down to 11 again (I think - I'll have to re-count when I get home tonight).

I am sure her understanding in having that much money tied-up in entertainment devices is helped by the fact that they have appreciated in value. If they depreciated like a car - even I would be less happy and have fewer machines.

I think it ultimately boils down to trusting your partner and you need to discuss with each other the "little" things that are important to each other. Those little things add up.

On the other hand, if anyone is buying pins left-right-and center with a massive line-of-credit then ... well just try not to.

I admire your words and acknowledge how much more there is to learn about relationships.
Thank you for this post. It helps more than you know.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

cap wrote:We discuss any large purchase together, so I tell her about the pins I want to buy and she has to agree.
I convinced her I would not lose money and we could always resell them quickly if in a pinch.
I bought a few pins that were cheaper but needed work.
She sees the original price tag but not the incremental cost of repair.
Once the collection is established, you can trade without spending a lot of money.
This is such a unique anomaly to our hobby, but has been true up until recently.
I have used this same argument years ago, with success. The future may change.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

R.A.B. wrote:I was wondering if anyone would answer Francis on how to work out a deal with his wife vis à vis his pinball machine passion. I quietly thought to myself that I would write something funny if no one dared reply. Some of your wives I am sure read, or have read this forum so this can be a well visited topic.

All partnerships and joint ventures alike require necogiation as you all probably know. It is tough when the opposite party decides on the outcome before the necogiations even start, this happens often. When two become one who is the one to become ? Damn, good question.

I can necogciate when I have to, and avoid it like the plague when I can permit myself that luxury. I guess I am spoiled by my independance. I just find that it is better to decide stuff on my own and do whatever I enjoy as long as it doesn't impede on my close ones' freedom or happiness, or hurts them knowingly. Bottom line, don't do things that you know will piss off your partner(s) when you are doing what makes you happy, but do find a way to be happy, it is so damn important to well being.

There is alot to this topic, I will edit this post tonight when I get home after my supper date.
I am simply quoting this to preserve your "rough edit" post. We are of course:

Born of the same path.
Born of similar desires
Wants and needs are.
Let's see the edit bro.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

DrDude wrote:
tom_454 wrote:On the other hand, if anyone is buying pins left-right-and center with a massive line-of-credit then ... well just try not to.

Those two lines capture it for me. First, the hobby is largely expense-neutral, since over time I have been able to sell enough fixed-up caucuses for profit (on my free labour!) to basically pay for the pins I've kept (though obviously, the hobby is not space-neutral!) . Second, if you truly enjoy the hobby, and your partner is indeed your partner, then they will support you in pursuing it (until the inevitable "pinball in the dinning room" moment, at which point you likely have crossed the line!)
Agreed. Agreed.
Just be cautious.

The landscape has changed.
And it will change once again.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

EVH wrote:Maybe I am alone here but I have never asked permission. I just say I am going to pick up a game tomorrow and that is it. I did this from day #1 and it has never been an issue. I guess I have a very understanding wife.
Here, Here...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Sparky wrote:I will limit it by transcribing a conversation between my mother and my wife when Marie complained that I did too much pinball.

Mom: "Is he getting drunk every night?"
Wife: "No, he barely drinks at all."

M: "Is he fucking around?"
W: "No."

M: "Are the bills paid?"
W: "Yes..."

M: "When he works on pinballs, and you call him, does he come to see you?"
W: "Yes..."

M: "Does he take care of you and the kids?"
W: "Yes, he is a great husband and father..."

M: "Does he take care of things in the house when they need fixing?"
W: "Yes, he cleans and cooks as well..."

M: "Did he ever hit you or treat you bad?"
W: "Not at all..."

M: "Then, what the fuck is the problem?"

My wife now knows that fairy tales are for goddamn Disney movies. We all tend to forget how good things are sometimes... and how to accept your significant other with all their quirks, even the ones you might think are bad but really are insignificant in the end.
We are all Stardust...
Some of us are the good stuff...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

cap wrote:Francis, are you saying she will not let you add to your collection, or she will not let you trade anything?
Back to the program...

jojob
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by jojob »

the solution is everyone's bank account.is she asking you permission to go to the restaurant or other? a joint account is the worst thing.my wife spend about 40$ per week in restaurant,not me.its 2080$ per years ...if i put this money in my hobby,wheres the problem...?
dungeons and dragons de bally
f-14 tomcat de williams

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

Buy the pinball, hide it at a friends place for a few weeks until you get the balls the drag it home. Don't ask questions, just ask for forgiveness later :)
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote: Let's see the edit bro.
Done.

"Look up, waaay up, and I'll call Rusty." Opening quote from the Friendly Giant.

Then the (un)friendly giant actor was rumoured to say off camera - "Jerome the Giraffe, take Rusty down and away to Kentucky Fried Chicken."

Rusty was a rooster, see any parallels with this great thread. :lol:
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

pinhead
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by pinhead »

uberhare wrote:Buy the pinball, hide it at a friends place for a few weeks until you get the balls the drag it home. Don't ask questions, just ask for forgiveness later :)
Better yet, tell her that you are borrowing it from a friend. I know a guy that used to tell his wife that the games were mine, I won't mention any names, LOL.
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Fantastic thread.
As a married man of 21 years all I can say is my wife is fantastic.
She tolerates 2 or three pins in the dining room of a tiny house. Nuff said.
( i bought her a motorcycle ) :roll:
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

R.A.B. wrote:
WARLOCK wrote: Let's see the edit bro.
Done.

"Look up, waaay up, and I'll call Rusty." Opening quote from the Friendly Giant.

Then the (un)friendly giant actor was rumoured to say off camera - "Jerome the Giraffe, take Rusty down and away to Kentucky Fried Chicken."

Rusty was a rooster, see any parallels with this great thread. :lol:
I was just trying to teach my children "The Friendly Giant" this week. lol