Mural Festival 2019 - Montréal

Commercial arcade venues available for playing at
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Mural Festival 2019 - Montréal

Post by R.A.B. »

Montreal's Mural Festival opened yesterday, meaning that the Main (St.Laurent Blvd.) is closed between Sherbrooke and Mont-Royal. This is also Grand Prix Week-end so.....it's party time in la Ville de Marie.

North Star - Machines à Piastres has set up a 20 foot container in association with Evenco accross the street from the bar for the next 10 days. You can't really miss it because there is a huge bust of David Bowie on top of the pop up arcade.

This container with a different line up will also be at Heavy Montréal and other music festivals on Nôtre-Dame Island (Parc Jean-Drapeau) this summer.

Line up on the Main -

DE Jurassic Park
WLL Pinbot
GTB Surf Champ
BLY Indy 500
BLY Dr.Who

And then there is a barber chair next to the screaming machine (Dr.Who) where you can get a tattoo.

Will be there tonight (Friday) for sure with Doug Baird from P1AG Toronto who is actually in Montreal with his son for the Grand Prix. Saturday will be out on the Main all day and all night. Probably sleeping at the shop since there is no point trying to drive home through the festivals and construction and general mayhem. Heck, may as well stay in town all weekend, live on the street and behave like a wild animal while letting off some steam after a drawn out hibernation caused by a long and nasty winter. But now, in the beautiful springtime, everything is just "ducky", time to live it to the hilt.

Yabo !!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Rob
20190608_191511.jpg
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Mural Festival 2019 - Montréal

Post by nostalgiaqc »

Yolo Robert,
Have a good one!
Yan

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Gottlieb's "ROCK" from 1985 is now in the container line up which runs until next Sunday the 16th - Father's Day.

See ya there rain or shine.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

The Mural Festival closes today on the Main, and the stories are plentiful. It rained it shined, the people were happy, angry, laughing, loud, ugly and beautiful.

On Friday night after a busy day at work, and then later at the bar moving machines, I forgot to turn off my notification “ping” on my communicator before hitting the sac around 10pm. Thus, around 1AM I got an e-mail attachment from one of my younger apprentices (29) which summed up the past ten days in one perfect picture. She left the North Star at closing time after Friday night had turned into Saturday, made it home at 4AM, and still managed to text me at 8:30 am to pick her up so she could help with the weekly line up check Saturday morning and a 6 machine install in another bar on the Main in which we are operating equipment. This interest in pinball maintenance & repair & playing impressed me. But then I thought to myself, remembering those years working for operators at all hours, so her energy was not all that different as what one does with youthful vigor when it inhabits you, there is nothing quite like it. And much like street festivals, this energy mirrors a life force I have now learned to watch, monitor, remember and write about. Crazy how many things we go through in a lifetime. It basically comes down to staying out of the outhole as long as life remains interesting while keeping all the balls you have in play. Then again, on a 1966 Bally “Capersville”, you are better off letting one or two of them go in order to stay in the game a while longer.
20190614_002856.jpg
Last edited by R.A.B. on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

A philosophy of doing shall rule til days we can do no longer arrives. When that day comes we can live vicariously through the passion and energy of youth.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.