Price check - if allowed Eveil Knevil, Bobby Orr, Capt. Fantastic

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
peterboroughpinball
MAACA Buck

Price check - if allowed Eveil Knevil, Bobby Orr, Capt. Fantastic

Postby peterboroughpinball » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 am

Hi there,
I've been out of the pinball loop for a bunch of years - my 2 brothers have a few games and there thinking about selling (I'm just not sure what they should ask for them)
Bally Capt Fantastic, working cabinet - 8.5, backglass 9, playfield 8.5
Bally Bobby Orr, not working (but complete) cabinet 8, backglass 9, playfield 8.5
Bally Evil Knievel, not working (but complete) cabinet 8, backglass 9, playfield 8.5

I know that I'm just looking for a range for this condition. But any suggestions of value would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Barry
Current games: TAF, STTNG, SWEP1, Fireball, Hayburners, Gottlieb Knockout, Gottlieb Mayfair, , Williams Arctic Hunt gun game,
Seeburg C jukebox, Wurlitzer OMT CD jukebox, Wurlitzer 1100 jukebox, Genco Cops n' Robbers gun game.

DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Re: Price check - if allowed Eveil Knevil, Bobby Orr, Capt. Fantastic

Postby DrDude » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Well, "not working" Bally's are usually in the range of $500 to $1000 (excluding KISS and other high-end titles), but a lot depends on the nature of the "not working" (how long has it been since the game worked? If it recently stopped booting, could be just a small problem or two, but if these are really dead games, you could be talking replacing a lot of boards). Capt. Fantastic is a little more desirable, and it is working, so more money, but as I don't collect EMs, I'll leave it to others to comment on a fair price.

Between the two Electronic games (I'm assuming the Evel is NOT the very rare EM version), they are much of a muchness: Both symmetric playfield layouts, with very colourful and desirable themes, so it would be a personal taste issue as to which one you should go for. The Captain is actually a pretty fun non-symmetric layout, and might be my choice for playability among those three titles.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

singlezero
MAACA Buck

Re: Price check - if allowed Eveil Knevil, Bobby Orr, Capt. Fantastic

Postby singlezero » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:13 pm

hi barry , i made an offer on that evil kneival back when purchasing your raiders of the lost arcade sign , not sure if i was too low or not . i might still be interested.

Didnt you sell a captn fantastic rather minty in the last year or so ? i saw some speculation somewhere that the movie rocketman might drive the price up a bit but what i read was indeed that ... speculation

Chris

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”