The history of barbarian the ultimate warrior – video game documentary

Talk about anything that you would like.
patmanqc
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 20 times

The history of barbarian the ultimate warrior – video game documentary

Post by patmanqc »

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: The history of barbarian the ultimate warrior – video game documentary

Post by OTTOgd »

Awww, geez, thanks for another flashback!

I didn't excitedly recognize Barbarian until I saw the gameplay and vague remember the 'controversy'. Ha! We had this on the C64, I'm guessing. Or maybe an early MS-DOS 'puter. It was '87-ish. Not sure if I completed it or not but remember chopping heads off! Yay! And the green goblin. Gosh, this was like the warm-up game for Mortal Kombat.

(Btw, my brother and I had access to a few Playboy magazines at the time so the game box wasn't that (rudely?) enticing. Plus my parent's were Danish immigrants so nudity wasn't overly contestable anyway. You should have seen one of our washroom's wallpaper, bitd. :shock: :D )

Thanks for yet another great arcade documentary, Pat.

patmanqc
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 20 times

Re: The history of barbarian the ultimate warrior – video game documentary

Post by patmanqc »

OTTOgd wrote:Awww, geez, thanks for another flashback!

I didn't excitedly recognize Barbarian until I saw the gameplay and vague remember the 'controversy'. Ha! We had this on the C64, I'm guessing. Or maybe an early MS-DOS 'puter. It was '87-ish. Not sure if I completed it or not but remember chopping heads off! Yay! And the green goblin. Gosh, this was like the warm-up game for Mortal Kombat.

(Btw, my brother and I had access to a few Playboy magazines at the time so the game box wasn't that (rudely?) enticing. Plus my parent's were Danish immigrants so nudity wasn't overly contestable anyway. You should have seen one of our washroom's wallpaper, bitd. :shock: :D )

Thanks for yet another great arcade documentary, Pat.
LOL, that's hilarious. In our washroom my dad had a bunch of playboys that I knew about so I spent a lot of time the bathroom.

I wasn't sure if people would remember this game which is why a put the girl from the box on my cover art.

Glad you enjoyed it my friend