Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
mdeslaur
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Post by mdeslaur »

R.A.B. wrote: 20190717_071302.jpg
Nice Episode 1...what's wrong with it?

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

mdeslaur wrote:
These are not games from the showroom, but buried in the warehouse. They moved some stuff out this week and I was able to see these odd ball video games and the Cat "skill replay " game more easily so I took pics.

Stars Wars Ep.1 - Pinball 2000 has no computer, no monitor and no driver board I believe, does have a populated playfield however. :? I do have a a new translite and half a light saber in parts. :lol:
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

mdeslaur
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by mdeslaur »

R.A.B. wrote:
mdeslaur wrote:
These are not games from the showroom, but buried in the warehouse. They moved some stuff out this week and I was able to see these odd ball video games and the Cat "skill replay " game more easily so I took pics.

Stars Wars Ep.1 - Pinball 2000 has no computer, no monitor and no driver board I believe, does have a populated playfield however. :? I do have a a new translite and half a light saber in parts. :lol:
PM sent about the pin2k.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Found some N.O.S. black grease from Bally and some from Gottlieb inside a Mustang I am working on. These small tubes would come with each new E.M.
Haven't found the William's samples yet.
20190715_143013.jpg

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Very cool. Love finding hidden stuff.
As a contractor I get to demolish things. ( Walls etc)
I find some pretty cool stuff sometimes.
Hidden history.
Few years ago I found a letter which fell through the mail slot and got lost in floorboards of old home.
It was dated '73.
I gave to client who immediately started crying. She explained letter was from her late grandmother to her late sister. She was the only one left of her family and this was the home in which she grew up.
Felt pretty good .
Sorry rab, way off topic here.
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

shane wrote:Very cool. Love finding hidden stuff.
As a contractor I get to demolish things. ( Walls etc)
I find some pretty cool stuff sometimes.
Hidden history.
Few years ago I found a letter which fell through the mail slot and got lost in floorboards of old home.
It was dated '73.
I gave to client who immediately started crying. She explained letter was from her late grandmother to her late sister. She was the only one left of her family and this was the home in which she grew up.
Felt pretty good .
Sorry rab, way off topic here.
Nice story Shane, real sweet and ofcourse no apologies necessary for the post being off topic..

It is not like we got something repetitive to say here everyday on Pinball and Videogame Tech now is it ? It not like we are talking about some new disease warning, like getting zona from being stressed out... there is a vaccine for that I hear and it is very necessary & popular these days.

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

If nobody told you today that they love you RAB,
Well I love ya buddy.

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Nice story Shane, real sweet and ofcourse no apologies necessary for the post being off topic..

It is not like we got something repetitive to say here everyday on Pinball and Videogame Tech now is it ? It not like we are talking about some new disease warning, like getting zona from being stressed out... there is a vaccine for that I hear and it is very necessary & popular these days.[/quote]

Well said.

And thanks for the positive vibes everyone on my post about growing up and buying a home. Seems it worked.
RAB...
You're not wrong about the lack of human interaction. I don't even have to meet with lenders, to obtain my mortgage, can sign digitally. Crazy world.
Deals done. We move in in 39 days.

Basement has lots of room for pins. !!
Pool house, once insulated will require more pins.!!!
Backyard has a natatorium which if filled in could house even more pins. !!!!!
Might skip level 3 and go towards 4 immediately.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I’m coming to Alouette at 8am.
Way off topic too.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Chris Silver wrote:Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I’m coming to Alouette at 8am.
Way off topic too.
It's 7:30 and I am here at my desk thinking about lucky we are to have threads like this, even if some of the posts are off topic, at least we have stuff to say that is not the same god-damn thing every morning. It it nighttime accross the pond and in the geek islands as well, so definitely bedtime for bonzo.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

All I will say is this...
My brother's keep finding me good parts.
I keep finding machines and good people.
That is more than enough for most of us...

Thank you my friends.
More; sooner or later.

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by hyann »

Robert, il me faudrait une microswitch avec la bracket pour la tenir pour ma C lane de Taxi. J'ai juste le numéro de la switch 5647-12073-10, mais pas de la bracket, ça te dit quelques choses?
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

hyann wrote:Robert, il me faudrait une microswitch avec la bracket pour la tenir pour ma C lane de Taxi. J'ai juste le numéro de la switch 5647-12073-10, mais pas de la bracket, ça te dit quelques choses?
Certain que ca me dit quelque chose Yan. Pas de probleme, de toutes facon il y a toujours le cimetiere de playfields en haut de mon dept. :D

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Sparky wrote:Well, I dropped by today. I need 3 Gtb drop targets for Genesis and 9 Bally "explosion" drop targets for Mystic, but I was there to mostly say hi to the Montreal souldaddy of pinball, and to see if anything was needed for the 30th. Richard greeted me and told me you were on vacay! Good for you!

So, I chatted with Richard and ended up buying a videogame. Lol. So not a total loss.

Catch you when you get back, daddy-o. Or on the flipside... I could use a drink at a bar downtown.
I know I have new blank white Gottlieb drop targets in stock and used Bally explosion drops, but no office booze bottle. :D

Therefore, I plan on doing some down to earth honest drinking and no holds bar talking on Saturday evening with the Warlock after the hands on seminar at the North Star. If you find the time Ian, drop in after 3 pm for a Capersville cocktail and let's play Queen of Hearts like the old men of the past did.

Rob

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Sparky wrote:Well, I dropped by today. I need 3 Gtb drop targets for Genesis and 9 Bally "explosion" drop targets for Mystic, but I was there to mostly say hi to the Montreal souldaddy of pinball, and to see if anything was needed for the 30th. Richard greeted me and told me you were on vacay! Good for you!

So, I chatted with Richard and ended up buying a videogame. Lol. So not a total loss.

Catch you when you get back, daddy-o. Or on the flipside... I could use a drink at a bar downtown.
Souldaddy of Pinball :lol: 8-)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

Hey are those Stern slingshot arms still available?

I will take a pair if they are.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

With the 2019 Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom show, I will be bringing as many odd ball parts and regular sellers to the Alouette booth and tables as I can.

Suggestions are welcome on this thread if you have a match in mind. Post whatever has been difficult for you to find, you never know. Even a shot in the dark can sometimes make the mark.

Posting often will keep this thread active with more relevant and useful information for the community.
20190826_093020.jpg
20190826_093041.jpg
God bless fishing and the Ancient Greek Philosophers who taught the modern world abstraction and all it dragged into the house with it.

Yikes !

P.S. @ candianpinballer - part number A-157-1 for the Stern kicker arms. I will bring some to Ottawa for the show.

I believe I also showed the Bally sling shot arms on this thread -- p/n A-3459-1 and I have a bunch of those as well, all N.O.S.

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

R.A.B. wrote:With the 2019 Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom show, I will be bringing as many odd ball parts and regular sellers to the Alouette booth and tables as I can.

Suggestions are welcome on this thread if you have a match in mind. Post whatever has been difficult for you to find, you never know. Even a shot in the dark can sometimes make the mark.
2 X carriage bolts, washers, and nuts. (10-24 x 1.5" bolts) They are slightly smaller than normal coin door bolts.

Cheers!!
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

mrmikeman wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:With the 2019 Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom show, I will be bringing as many odd ball parts and regular sellers to the Alouette booth and tables as I can.

2 X carriage bolts, washers, and nuts. (10-24 x 1.5" bolts) They are slightly smaller than normal coin door bolts.

Cheers!!
Not sure I have these Mike. Hardware is tricky here at Alouette, they use robertson screws & bolts to fix machines that are missing hardware, so as you can tell, they are not too uptight on originality in the service dept. Sometimes it hurts me and other times I understand that this is an old opertors shop & warehouse in which they run a repair service business for homes and operators (those that are left), not at all a hobby shop during the majority of the week. :lol:

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Just to put pen to paper:
Sega screw bits tools required.
At least 2 sets of EM tools required.
Ottawa Show or ship to Bluffs is great.

I am sure there will be more soon. Thank you. Salut.

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

How about the following parts?
- 1-1/8" locks/keys (the longer ones)
- pop bumper rings
- pop bumper skirts (white)
- white rubber rings
- usual #47 lamps

Merci!
-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

sylvain wrote:How about the following parts?
- 1-1/8" locks/keys (the longer ones)
- pop bumper rings
- pop bumper skirts (white)
- white rubber rings
- usual #47 lamps

Merci!
-Sylvain.
White rubber rings will only be the very common sizes, all the rest is in the pipeline to Ottawa.

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Merci Robert, excellent!

How about spring washers used on some machines' flipper coils assy?

Also sent you a PM re: Super Wild Cat.

Thanks again!
-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

tombiosis
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by tombiosis »

I need a leg bracket for a firepower. The part inside the cab that accepts the bolts.
Pins: 8BDlx, Rush Pro, The Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Deadpool Pro, Tommy.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II, Sure Shot, Firepower, Big Buck Hunter Pro, JP pro, EBD1984.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

tombiosis wrote:I need a leg bracket for a firepower. The part inside the cab that accepts the bolts.
Already packed for the parts table as is is a very popular item at the show. I usually bring 50 and they sell out, will bring more this year.

Price is 3.00 each I believe, maybe less.

http://www.pbresource.com/hhouse/leg-tee.jpg