wanted: Pinball Pool

Wanted Pinball Machines only Please / Seulement machines à boules recherchées
cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

wanted: Pinball Pool

Post by cait001 »

I have a 1931 Pace Whiz Ball game that I would like to trade + cash for a Pinball Pool.
photo: download/file.php?id=42969&mode=view
it is from this run: http://www.esnarf.com/whizball.htm

I know I know, this is very specific, but it's the only way I'd be able to afford it, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Someone's bound to have a Pinball Pool collecting dust and maybe interested in trying an old timey trade stimulator!
For the longest time I've wanted to play one with a powerball as the cue ball, and a steel 8-ball as the center captive ball. Simple pleasures :D

EDIT: Whiz Ball is sold, Pinball Pool still wanted
Last edited by cait001 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Re: WTT for: Pinball Pool

Post by singlezero »

i actually sold my pinball pool a few years ago . the person that actually bought it also bought my Hot Shot at the same time. i was reluctant tos ell the hot shot and i argued with him it was basically the same game . he wanted both. i personally like the hotshot/bigshot better and currently working on my 4th hotshot/bigshot that ill be keeping .

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

i actually sold my pinball pool a few years ago . the person that actually bought it also bought my Hot Shot at the same time. i was reluctant tos ell the hot shot and i argued with him it was basically the same game . he wanted both. i personally like the hotshot/bigshot better and currently working on my 4th hotshot/bigshot that ill be keeping .

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Hot Shot / Big Shot is great, and maybe I'd take one if it came up.
Only downsides are no center captive ball, and no adorable Gottlieb System 1 sounds. I love Gottlieb System 1 games with a Pascal board installed to get the skill shot, ball save, etc https://www.flippp.fr/pi1x4.php
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

OK the Whiz Ball is sold, thanks for all the inquiries.

STILL LOOKING FOR A PINBALL POOL ;)

luch
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: wanted: Pinball Pool

Post by luch »

are you still looking for this game ?

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Yeah but just casually since I bought that Regatta. Going to wait for a good deal on one.

butch
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by butch »

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Wow that's even more expensive :D

luch
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by luch »

cait001 wrote:Yeah but just casually since I bought that Regatta. Going to wait for a good deal on one.
then what;'s a good deal ?

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

luch wrote:
cait001 wrote:Yeah but just casually since I bought that Regatta. Going to wait for a good deal on one.
then what;'s a good deal ?
Projects with dead boards tend to float around for $600-$700. Get one of those, slap in a all-in-one aftermarket board (~$500) with the bonus rulesets, and they're good.
Gottlieb System 1s with original boards don't appeal to me because the boards and interconnects are not long for this world, and allow less rules/options than the modern replacements.

Either way, I'm full up now and this dream will go on the backburner. And it's no problem waiting around for D-list titles like this one to bubble up. (and I say "D-list" as someone who does like the game, but it is in the bottom 40 solidstate games of all time on pinside https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/page/4 )

luch
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by luch »

yes , no problem , mine would be priced at 1300 , with a reconditioned clean original board with nvram , so no batteries , thanks anyways mike

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

luch wrote:yes , no problem , mine would be priced at 1300 , with a reconditioned clean original board with nvram , so no batteries , thanks anyways mike
And that's still definitely a fair deal, and many people will want the original boardset. For me I just love those Flippp/Pascal replacement boards. :)

luch
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by luch »

i have a flipp pascal board , but abovious would want 1600 with the pascal board in it