What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
Toeckeder
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Toeckeder »

Back to earth...

I did my first attempt at sealing a BG with "Krylon Triple Thick" today, hope it turn out great. It's drying now.

Don't forget to remove the pieces of business cards while wet, this thing dries fast.
Attachments
IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY, RUSH LE, RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
WTB: NO Vacancy
Vid: MAME #1, TEMPEST, NUCLEUS CANNON, MAME #2, NAMCO Reunion Class of '81
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR, FIREPOWER II, ABRACADABRA, EIGHT BALL DELUXE LE

wbradley
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by wbradley »

Installed high power warm white LEDs in the translights of GnR, Tommy, TZ and HSII. In select locations they look better than regular LEDs but not everywhere.
BSD, CII with CPR p/f, JD, SM, TOM (loaner), Zizzle POTC (pimped)
Interested in LOTS! Limited space and quality over quantity.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by necro_nemesis »

Continued assembly.
Attachments
DSC02350 (Large).JPG
DSC02349 (Large).JPG
DSC02348 (Large).JPG
DSC02347 (Large).JPG
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Gis
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Gis »

Finish to restore Atari PP2 power supply.
Attachments
IMG_6090m.JPG
IMG_6090n.jpg
IMG_6092m.JPG
IMG_6206m.JPG

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Gis wrote:Finish to restore Atari PP2 power supply.
Nice work.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

I rebuilt the male/female 40-pin interboard connector, replaced IC19/5101, replaced a resistor and swapped in a new pop bumper coil on my Flash.

Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Ricker »

Wow Necro, that Funhouse pf has great colours. It looks clean enough to eat off of (only if cc'd first of course).

Gis, that power supply is super clean. Makes me wonder when I bring a pin into the house, just how filthy they are and how much they need a good cleaning after 30+ years.

Yesterday I replaced a few drop targets, takes a bit of time and you need nimble fingers or a good hemostat for the spring work. Then I replaced my beehive shooter cover on my Stern for a nice new white one, the old one was just so yellowed with age. At least I now have a spare one. Then I had a fuse blow 3x on another pin that resets the target bank. Can't seem to figure out why because everything looks nice and clean under the pf. No broken wires, burnt anything, debris and everything else works on the game. Now the detective work begins.
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

Gis the PS resto is amazing. Lot of work :)
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Ricker wrote:Wow Necro, that Funhouse pf has great colours. It looks clean enough to eat off of (only if cc'd first of course).
It's an IPB pf cleared already.

I was out spraying down parts with brake cleaner this morning that still had some residue on it. I find stuff that is gunky doesn't always come off in the tumbler. As long as it's crusty dirt or light rust the tumbler works great. I usually only have to steel wool it a bit or take a wire brush over them after but gunky still needs to be cleaned with brake clean and brushed. That gooey stuff seems to just bounce the tumbler media off it.

Thinking of going to an old method of cleaning carburetor parts which is to cook them in a urn type coffee pot with some Seafoam. Think I will take a look at the Goodwill today and see if I can find one of those old urn type coffee makers and use some Seafoam to cook parts.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

Replaced the pooched GI connector on my Pinbot this aft and while doing so had an idea to use a connector normally used on a vehicle trailer to replace this troublesome 4 wire molex connector. It's wired the same as the molex, would have to solder and heat shrink the existing wires to the new connector wires and the trailer connector would probably be more robust. Was just a thought as I went ahead and replaced the molex pins and housings to factory but I think it would work, maybe even better.

monkeybug
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by monkeybug »

Today I disconnected all coils on my Stern Trident to see what was causing the under pf 1A SB to always blow. Found that the drop target reset coil was the cause. Now the game isn't booting (2 flashes), so now I need to examine the 5101 ram which may be the cause.

Cobra99
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Cobra99 »

Installed a GLM flipper board in my TZ she is 100%. yesterday p/u my two new machines and set up(ToM and JM) I will update my gameroom pics. Set them up for tolkens cleaned and waxed. Rearranged my basement and found I can fit one more so when I move out Hyperball I can get one more lol.

Lance
My Collection
Terminator 2.....Hyperball.....Iron Man.....Transformers Autobot LE #48 of 125
Theater of Magic.....RFM(NUCORE).....Twilight Zone.....TRON LE #74
Lord Of the Rings.....Terminator 3.....Family Guy.....The Simpsons Pinball Party
Stern-Spider Man.....MMRLE(On Order).....Predator #43.....SWE1(Playfield)

Gone and will be missed
DH
STTNG
Taxi
JD
JM

Pinball Owners collection http://www.pinballowners.com/cobra99

See my Games room section

For Sale/Trade
Hyperball
****Wanted****
MM
Flintstones

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Made the bottom of my pf look like the 401 while trying to make the top not look like a pin cushion.

Every screw cranked in slowly by hand. They use two sizes and if you use the longer one when you should have used the shorter your screwed alright. :? Seems simple enough but after about 50 mind numbing screws going in it's hard to keep your eyes from glazing over and picking the wrong screw up.

Here is back of the old one. It's toast. Not even suitable for wall art.
Attachments
DSC02366 (Medium).JPG
DSC02365 (Medium).JPG

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Did a simple technical drawing on graph paper in pencil and ink after getting frustrated trying to figure out Google Sketch-Up.

...and I call myself a graphic artist. :FP:
Attachments
crankhandle.jpg

YellowMustard
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by YellowMustard »

well, i visited a good friend to bring him a sound board he needed to make some tests! i hope it will be helpfull! and tried 2 of his pin!!! (amazing pins) but i didn t play MY games at all...not easy to do when you re addict...
Pins:SpaceStation, :FP: :FP: :FP:

gone but not forgotten: EFTLW, Secret Service, Gorgar, Elektra, Medusa, CENTAUR, FIREPOWER, ANDROMEDA(2), HS II The getaway, BSD(2), THE SHADOW, SPACE SHUTTLE, SM, X-MEN (shakered), GRAND PRIX (Italian reimport), Tales From The crypt, BSD(2), Nitro Ground Shaker, Harlem Globetrotters, INDY500, THE SHADOW (2), Twilightzone, RESCUE 911, Stern Playboy, BOP, Roadshow, highspeed, DrWho, Starwars DE

Vids: Outrun2 SP twin, mini outrun upright,mini monaco gP, MAME Xbox powered
Gone: MAME in NBA cab (sold)

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

I actually fixed something :)

I had to realign the shooter lane on my No Fear as it was throwing balls all over the playfield when it was supposed to be throwing them into the lock shot every time.
Adam B.

P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts »

Spent the whole of Sunday in my shop with my apprentice David1967 and tried to finish up the 1959 Sea Island bingo (what a beast) and a Top Speed 1975 Recel that have been there far too long, looks like they will be there for a while yet, even though we finally fixed the score reset problem on the Recel. (Thank goodness that some people are patient) Alot of people came by to pick up old parts this sunday and talk. Two MAACA members, (JoJob and DavidC, one to pick-up a Starburst parts orders and the other to lend me a board to test against a defective one I am working on -merci David) and 4 other home clients, with lots of interesting problems to resolve and questions. Great day over-all.

After the day was done I drove back with Big Dave to Montreal north and helped to sell his Paragon to a couple of my home service clients looking for a machine for the cottage.

Went home and helped my son with his Lego and hung out with my wife, and the usual routine of getting ready for another work week.
Last edited by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Montréal : 1200 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Qc H4R 1X1
robert.barake(at)cineplex.com
benoit.lecavalier(at)cineplex.com
514-856-2252 ou 888-322-2252

Toronto : 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, On L4V 1H3
doug.baird(at)cineplex.com
james.albernaz(at)cineplex.com
416-251-2122 or 888-977-4263

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com
http://www.winwithp1ag.com

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Last night, I replaced the speech generator chip on Freefall. I found some on the web and bit the bullet. I got myself a few S14001A chips to cover any future problems. The most I ever spent on simple chips...

Now Freefall is just like my almost-3-year-old daughter. She just won't shut up. LOL

P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts »

Super day today for one reason mostly.

Put some finishing touches on a Black Knight repair job from a client who had it hauled down to Starburst Montreal a while back. It had been in storage for the past decade, and when he told me this I should have turned down the job. Come to think about it, I too am a bit of a sucker for a challenge. But there should be limits, system 7 can be quite the can of worms as many of you know.

I don`t get much time to do service during my day job since running the parts dept. takes up the majority of the hours in a day. And since it is in our plans to expand the existing service dept. at the Montreal office, Michel and I have decided that tuesday mornings from 9 to noon I will be doing pinball repairs and he will man the parts phone and counter during that time of the week. This proved to be a better solution than taking a little bit of time here and there between other tasks in order to try and fix stuff on the fly sort of speak. Good service work will usually result from an uninterrupted train of thought when working on finding the solution to a specific problem. Black Knight finally got that kind of attention today, and after all the crazy sporatic attempts at getting this beast working, (rewriting eproms, changing sockets, fixing the clock circuit etc) all that is left now to resolve is the damn speech, got the sounds working OK, but no speech. DavidC lend me his Firepower sound board which will help fix the problem by comparison, short cut method when you have the luxury of two sets of boards and limited testing equipment for now. Played a few test games and felt all sorts of memories of when this landmark game hit the arcades of Montreal.

RAB
Montréal : 1200 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Qc H4R 1X1
robert.barake(at)cineplex.com
benoit.lecavalier(at)cineplex.com
514-856-2252 ou 888-322-2252

Toronto : 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, On L4V 1H3
doug.baird(at)cineplex.com
james.albernaz(at)cineplex.com
416-251-2122 or 888-977-4263

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com
http://www.winwithp1ag.com

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

I wiggled a few dim bulbs on Catacomb.

Pins Only
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Pins Only »

Had a few games follow me home today... In fairness, they were in my Storage! I am a sucker for having No extra space!! Still, Pretty excited to set them up and start the Shop Jobs!
Attachments
007A.jpg
Thanks, Dave

Here are games I would like to acquire this year, or sometime...

Elvira House of Horrors
Deadpool

Playfield Rotisserie

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

I thought about shopping SWEP1 today........ didn't happen though. :D

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

Adjust some switch on my Centaur, I had a star rollover that register when the ball is eject to the shooter lane. Change some bulb in my Big Game and in my flight 2000... I will start some cleaning in prevision of the MPL meeting in couple days.
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Bought a pin.

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

Sparky wrote:Bought a pin.

Encore! :FP: :D :D :D :D
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup