What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
Blackghost4
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by Blackghost4 »

Wow another great project Denis. That will look nice.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980), Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Deadly Weapon (1990), Gottlieb Class of 1812 (1991), Gottlieb Counterforce (1980), Gottlieb Sinbad (1978), Gottlieb Operation Thunder (1992), Gottlieb Diamond Lady (1988), Gottlieb Vulcan (1977), Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball), Bally World Cup Soccer 94 (1994), Bally Black Belt (1986), Gottlieb Gold Wings (1986)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968),Gottlieb Big Shot (1974)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz, Gottlieb Sinbad, Gottlieb Fun Land, Bally Future Spa, Gottlieb Buccaneer, Gottlieb Dancing Dolls, Gottlieb Striker, Gottlieb Bad Girls, Gottlieb Jacks To Open, Gottlieb Pro Football, Gottlieb Incredible Hulk

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Thanks for everyone who helped me update the lineup!
I quite literally couldn't have done it without you! :D
Attachments
20200209_230229.jpg
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

I set up my game room properly now. There's enough space left for the MMr coming in soon. May need more space at some point though. My GF is worse than I am... I suggested moving something out(RS) in order to get something new in (we really want a Stern SW Premium) and her comment was NO. More is better. Nothing leaves. lol.. :D

Wall art coming up next.

If I do add to the lineup soon the mini fridge will move under the TV and pin #5 will go where the fridge is. After that I will need an overflow room lol.
Attachments
Gameroom-feb2020.jpg
IMG-1747.jpg
IMG-1746.jpg
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

mrmikeman wrote:I set up my game room properly now. There's enough space left for the MMr coming in soon. May need more space at some point though. My GF is worse than I am... I suggested moving something out(RS) in order to get something new in (we really want a Stern SW Premium) and her comment was NO. More is better. Nothing leaves. lol.. :D
Cool! Did that RS finally come from the guy in Whitby? Seemed like a nice looking game

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Roadshow is a prime example of a game in need of a software re-write. Such a marvel of a playfield, so many gimmicks, ramps, diverters, lanes, etc. I truly believe with the right coder it could be even better than Twilight Zone, themes not withstanding.
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

Dave W. wrote:
mrmikeman wrote:I set up my game room properly now. There's enough space left for the MMr coming in soon. May need more space at some point though. My GF is worse than I am... I suggested moving something out(RS) in order to get something new in (we really want a Stern SW Premium) and her comment was NO. More is better. Nothing leaves. lol.. :D
Cool! Did that RS finally come from the guy in Whitby? Seemed like a nice looking game
Yes I have it. Playfield is very nice. Cab is ok. The game definitely could use a complete tear down and rebuild. Mechs/heads missing a lot of screws, some under playfield hacks, missing teeth on the gears(ted’s mouth), etc. However it does work 100%. Well almost. Ted’s eyes can’t look right. They move freely but that coil doesn’t fire. Can’t fix it without removing the whole head assembly. It can wait. My first purchase based on pics and a bit disappointed. Ruined lockdown bar(never in pics), bent legs, plate glass instead of tempered(chipped and sharp). You can see the right leg is bent in on the pic. The dark spots on the lockbar are electric welder holes. Wasn’t even welded in the right place. Look at the pic. The lockdown bar sits off the side rails and sticks out over the coin door.

So after new legs and levellers, new leg plates (3 of 4 were stripped 1 or both bolts), new leg bolts, new glass, and the new lockdown bar it wasn’t a deal. It’s staying though. My gf loves it lol. I’d like to get the legs powdercoated blue like the originals. Maybe a colordmd.

I did convert it to LEDs and it looks way better now.

Cait: I got the custom code burned by Steph. Better game all around.

Cheers,
Attachments
FED42528-A6AE-4B7D-92F1-5C56948F36DB.jpeg
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cap »

mrmikeman wrote:Can’t fix it without removing the whole head assembly.
Removing Ted's head is a pain because you have to remove the ramps behind it. I managed to fix the eye lid coil without removing Ted's head but it took longer than doing it the right way. It might be possible to fix the eye coils without removing the head because you may have access from the top after removing the eye balls. It's worth taking a look.
Removing Red's head is a lot easier, so there is no question that's the way to go to fix her.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Must be nice. Wish I started collecting before getting married. :cry:

Ditch the couch and get two upright classic vids: 1 vertical and 1 horizontal! My Ms. Pac has the 412-in-1 and Joust has the 138-in-1 multi-board. But I also have a Neo Geo MVS-4 (v2) with the 161-in-1 cart.

Game on!

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cap »

Today I fixed the random firing of the smart missile on my Last Action Hero. This problem plagued the machine since day one but I decided to do something about it only 3 months ago. At first I thought the switch was bouncy because this tended to occur at the start of multiball when the shaker is strong. I changed the micro switch but that did not help. Lately, I realized the problem did not occur if I did not use the flipper at the start of multiball. I looked at the switch matrix, but the flipper switch and the smart missile are not on the same row nor column. Then I discovered a switch I did not know existed. On Last Action Hero, there is a vertical switch to detect the ball going up from the bottom of the trough towards the shooter lane. Sure enough, the flipper switch, that vertical switch and the smart missile form a right angle in the matrix. I tested the diode on the vertical switch and it was shorted. I replaced the diode, then turned on the machine ready to celebrate... No such luck. After a quick study of the internal wiring of the switch, I discovered the two sides of the diode were connected inside the switch. The diode was never shorted, the quick connect connectors were simply on the wrong switch terminals. Now I can celebrate and hopefully use that smart missile for the crane double jackpot.
:cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Post by semicolin »

Good work, Captain Detective!

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

OTTOgd wrote:
Must be nice. Wish I started collecting before getting married. :cry:

Ditch the couch and get two upright classic vids: 1 vertical and 1 horizontal! My Ms. Pac has the 412-in-1 and Joust has the 138-in-1 multi-board. But I also have a Neo Geo MVS-4 (v2) with the 161-in-1 cart.

Game on!
And waste valuable PINBALL space??? No way man!!

I already have an awesome emulation setup (16Tb) and a Pandora's 9D(2500-in-1). Meh.. They both collect dust. As much as I enjoyed vids as a teen I couldn't care less now.
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

Battlezoneman
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Battlezoneman »

Organized the work benches. Was working on a monitor board and kept knocking things over. So I decided enough was enough and moved around enough stuff so that I could work on it properly.

Took a while, but I put everything away where it should go.

Should be good for a couple days at least before it overflows again :-P
Last edited by Battlezoneman on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roadblasters Cockpit
Monaco GP Cockpit
Centipede Upright
Defender Upright
Missle Command Cabaret
Tons of game PCB's

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

Got a jukebox.
Attachments
20200216_195056.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Guard wrote:Got a jukebox.
Wow, that's a nice one? What make/model is that? Year?

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

1977 Rockola Model 469. Works great.
Attachments
20200216_201439.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

steamfitter
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by steamfitter »

I started considering starting a collection of pinball shirts
Attachments
61kNyb6uGxL._AC_UL1399_.jpg
DD+Hypercolor+shirt.jpg
Pins: Black Hole , Lightning , Future Spa, Pink Panther
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Arcade: hang on , space invaders 412 in 1
Projects : seeburg LPC-1 , Excalibur

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

2 of my grails machines arrived here on the same day. Amazing!
Thank to to everyone who helped make this happen.
Attachments
20200229_001845.jpg
20200228_180543.jpg

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

cait001 wrote:2 of my grails machines arrived here on the same day. Amazing!
Thank to to everyone who helped make this happen.
Bally Skill-Roll !?! Awesome. Never played it but looks like a great challenge.

Gameplay starts at 4:40: https://youtu.be/jDYZPik_wlI?t=280.

Cascade is a nifty penny gambler!

Congrats!

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

I actually cut the ground off of a pinball machine.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Post by semicolin »

Chris Silver wrote:I actually cut the ground off of a pinball machine.
PUT IT BACK ON CHRIS

steamfitter
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by steamfitter »

it was the only way to play the game
Attachments
no grd.jpg
no grd.jpg (2.34 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Pins: Black Hole , Lightning , Future Spa, Pink Panther
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Arcade: hang on , space invaders 412 in 1
Projects : seeburg LPC-1 , Excalibur

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

I installed a separate power supply (5v-12v) in my STTNG to drive my accessories & ColorDMD. My flippers are back to full strength :)
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

I finally added new gumballs to my Sports Zone pinball machine.

... but I have to be careful! There are sours and hot ones now! :shock: :o
Attachments
20200229_201722.jpg

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by tom_454 »

mrmikeman wrote:I installed a separate power supply (5v-12v) in my STTNG to drive my accessories & ColorDMD. My flippers are back to full strength :)
Great idea Mike. That game needs it. Those flippers must be good a strong now. You really are making me miss that game now. ;)
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

semicolin wrote:
PUT IT BACK ON CHRIS
It was a super wierd feeling. The building didn’t have a ground to be found anywhere. I had just put a plug on the end of the cord, went to the wall and shook my head. It was the first time to be powered up in a very long time.

Btw, it was a Tag Team Colin. 8-)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.