Williams Rat Race FS

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Williams Rat Race FS

Post by ALJO »

I'm sorry for the administrators but I just can't keep the game, I have to sell it to move on to something else, it just gives me more addiction and I always think of wanting another pin.
Game works 100% and is in very very nice condition, some people who saw it a the Ottawa Pinball Show call it mint, the cabinet was restored and the black repainted (inside also) and what a job it was to make those stencils, legs repainted, every metal part on the cabinet and playfield were removed and soaked in Evapo-Rust to remove rust, dirt and give a nice shine, perfect clearcoated playfield, all plastics are nice and unbroken except for one (see pics), boards were gone over and ROM's updated by a technician, new locks on all three doors, new leg levelers, Anypin NVRAM added to replace batteries since these Rat Races all have the same fault, they use up the batteries in 3 weeks (I know, this is my second Rat Race and the other was exactly the same), original coin box with cover is included, I'll include a Joust manual with the game since settings in the game adjustement menu are similar to Joust, I also have a switch matrix and solonoid list made by a guy in California who also has a Rat Race and gave them to me, will also include a few spare parts, new spare ROM's and a display board (I don't remember if it's working or not), a bag of LED's are included with the game.
I can pack up the game on a pallet for free but buyer must arrange shipping, or pick up is even better.
Asking 8000$ firm, no trades please.
Here's a video I made of another Rat Race I had a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dZeM4q ... ay=1&rel=0
Attachments
IMG_1807.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG
IMG_1805.JPG
IMG_1804.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Re: Williams Rat Race FS

Post by ALJO »

More.
Attachments
IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1808.JPG

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

More.
Attachments
IMG_1823.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG
IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

More.
Attachments
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

It's such a fun piece. GLWTS.

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

Thanks but I don't think it will sell soon, I'd really like it to sell soon since the sooner I sell, the sooner I more easilly forget pinball, but it's the kind of game that' takes time because I need to have someone who's been looking for this game and really wants it, just like me when I bought it, otherwise, since it's not a real pinball machine, people don't crave for it.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

I think the big thing may be that it has mods, and for a collector interested in paying the money for an original collector's item, well, I think it affects the value. Like a fresh coat of paint on an antique grandfather's clock.

I wonder if you wouldn't get more bites if you reverse your co-op mod and restore the cabinet where it was drilled out? Wiring hacks/mods are the biggest red flags whenever I'm looking to purchase a machine, even though I'm good with electronics.

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

That's a point of view I did'nt think of, thanks for the comment.
The mod is easilly reversible, there were no drilled holes on the cabinet, only 2 tiny holes on the coin door.
I could remove the mod, but on the other hand if it does'nt sell before a long while, I'll be losing lots of fun, because that mod is really fun when I have guests, we all have a blast with that mod.
On the other hand, I did'nt get one single interrest in the 2 first weeks I posted the game for sale, and after doing the mod (while it was still for sale), I had 5 interrested people, with who I discussed longly over PM and some by phone, who went very close to buying the game.
I'll think about it........

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

If money was no object, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. The trick is finding that sweet spot where rarity and affordability overlap. The right buyer will come along eventually. This is an unavailable item, and to find one in such great condition... someone will be very lucky indeed.

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

On hold, pending payment and pick up.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Yeah!
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1984 Taito Zeke's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

Yes!

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

Thanks for the compassion guys.
Especially Cait, she loves the game and she still says "Yeah!" , she won't have the opportunity to play it anymore...... :(

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Post by cap »

You can now try to buy your 4th rat race out of the 10 in existence and break a Guinness world record
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

cap wrote:You can now try to buy your 4th rat race out of the 10 in existence and break a Guinness world record

I will mostly try to break a "personal" world record ;), to never own another pinball machine again unless prices go down drasticly one day.

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

SOLD and GONE along with Rock N Roll The Crazt Maze.

wild
MAACA Newb

Post by wild »

Hi,ALJO.....listen, would you have the chance to get me a picture of the whole playfield?

Paul
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Paul »

wild wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:33 pm
Hi,ALJO.....listen, would you have the chance to get me a picture of the whole playfield?
I dont think Aljo is on the site very often anymore.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Paul wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:52 pm
wild wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:33 pm
I dont think Aljo is on the site very often anymore.
And on top of that this post already has excellent photos, and on top of that it sold very quickly years ago.
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1984 Taito Zeke's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

wild
MAACA Newb

Post by wild »

I understand, too bad, I need a full frontal photo of the game board, because I'm trying to recreate a virtual pinball, in Future Pinball

Return to “Stuff Sold and Old Ads (>6months)”