THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by WARLOCK »

I do not care to state "much" else.
Back to pinball. Back to our hobbies.

It is now time. Let's get going.
Move forward. All the very best.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

So now that the world has changed radically in the past two years, it is likely no longer ours Chris
Oh it is still ours and so very much mine. Just because I don’t wear skinny jeans, drink white claw or have a man bun doesn’t mean I don’t belong here anymore.

As long as I got a beat in my heart and my feet hit the pavement daily, part of it is still mine. I’m not on centerstage. I’m the happy guy in the parking lot with good old friends drinking beers.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Chris Silver wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:52 pm
So now that the world has changed radically in the past two years, it is likely no longer ours Chris
Oh it is still ours and so very much mine. Just because I don’t wear skinny jeans, drink white claw or have a man bun doesn’t mean I don’t belong here anymore.

As long as I got a beat in my heart and my feet hit the pavement daily, part of it is still mine. I’m not on centerstage. I’m the happy guy in the parking lot with good old friends drinking beers.
Indeed you are my friend. Don't change.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:15 pm
Chris Silver wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:52 pm

Indeed you are my friend. Don't change.
I think Warlock took the words right out of my brain , "don't change". :D It is probably too late anyway, stay happy at least until the world changes again as we continue trying to maintain a good thought, or at best an even keel.

Hell, I can see you now Silver, or later I should say.

Old man DaCosta in his back yard, with his flat ass on a lawn chair drinking budwieser screaming at the kids in the other yard about their ball jumping the fence into your world and that this ball has now become yours, forever more. :lol:

Don't change Chris, you are a card.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Forever is composed of an infinite amount of nows. Still here. All is well…..for now. ;)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Chris Silver wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 am Forever is composed of an infinite amount of nows. Still here. All is well…..for now. ;)
Ouch ! ...the certainty you uttered above is one that many have yet to attain Silver.

The everlasting moment is not where most of us know how to hang out in, and not sure if it would make the world a better place or a more chaotic mess than it already is by having people act out on how they grasp, (read interpret) or ungrasp (read let go) when living the concept in question.

Point in case : (adapted from an existential novel, all the wise cracks are mine)

An old man well past his half way mark in years was out planting an olive tree. That man's grandson watched him from a far and decided to have a little chat with what he observed as being a senile old bugger from his window.

He then took a stroll out to the higher ground his grandpa was standing on.

"Hey Grandpa, you know that it takes years for an olive tree to produce fruit, you will never live long enough to taste them."

The man answered, "Ah you little shit, you are too self asorbed, as a young man should be. Don't you know that I live every day as if I was never going to die."

"Oh yeah, you are a disiilusioned man, as older people should be, because I live each each day as if I was going to die tomorrow."

In my mind, and in the end, both philosophies amount to the same damn thing. Do stuff with intention and the occasional intensity provided by the moment.

R.A.B.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Chris Silver wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 am Forever is composed of an infinite amount of nows.
what kind of a shithole world is it that we can't get clinical ketamine doses on demand?
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

English will follow - so you may want to look to see how and when the French text winds down this foul year. There is information to be had here, and it would seem that information has become the main commodity of this empty age where meanings and values are void of real ground to grow from and instead generate idiotic interpretations of what was once clear to those with attention spans beyond a squirrel's. Word of advice in this or any other age, keep an eye on the overload/stauration gauge or risk the perils of becoming a fuzzhead.

Alouette va fermer ce Mercredi le 22 décembre a 15hres pour les "joyeuses" vacances de Noel de 2021 et du jour de l'an 2022 pour ensuite débattre ce que nous allons faire avec ce qui reste de cette industrie. Nous allons rouvrir Lundi le 24 Janvier, 2022 et voir si il y a encore une raison d’être ou simplement ce contenter d'avoir du fun. Entre temps, il n y a pas de panique pour les pièces ou les conseilles techniques ou les discussion philosophiques puisque je suis toujours dans le coin. Me rejoindre via les contacts sur le site de Montreal Pinball, la vrai ressource originale de pièces et service pour les machines à boules ici't et ailleurs depuis plus de 20 ans. Pas de marketing superflue nécessaire ou de paroles vides. Ont ce comprend avec des numéro de pièces et plus encore avec les conversations ayant a voir avec des sujets plus important.

Alouette will be closing this Wednesday December 22 @ 3PM for a "merry" Christmas time 2021 and the new year "celebrations" of 2022. They will reopen on Monday January 24, 2022 and see if there is still a reason to be doing whatever it is they manage to do here while continuing to provide a place for semi-retired men to go everyday and feel the nuts and bolts of meaning and purpose. In the meantime, there is no short supply for parts or technical and philosophical ideas since I am in the area doing my thing as always. Reach me via the contact options on the Montreal Pinball site, the true original resource for parts and service for pinball machines of all eras for well over 20 years in Montreal and elsewhere. No hype, marketing bullshit or empty words to further crowd your minds to the point of losing focus on what really matters these days. Kapla !

Virtual hugs & kisses,

Rab
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

R.A.B. wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:49 am Alouette va fermer ce Mercredi le 22 décembre a 15hres
Alouette will be closing this Wednesday December 22 @ 3PM
Virtual hugs & kisses,

Rab
Fixed it for you!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Right O MrHide.
Merci.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

"Meanwhile,.....I was still thinking."

Charles Edward Anderson Berry

No more dancing in Quebec until.......a new year ?

Not much dancing going on in New York either.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

4 YEARS AGO - so much has changed, yet.......the song remains the same. yikes !!

Today in Montreal, many things were happening. And this being a Wednesday and/or a hump day sort of thing, depending on how you want to live it, I personally felt a strong need to report back here.

Wednesdays have become wonderful since I took the plunge back in September of 2017 and put in a request with HR go to a 4 day week at P1AG. I remember hesitating at first and laboriously debated requesting this in January of 2018 since I would be turning 55 (yikes !!) and thinking hard about how there are less days ahead than there are behind and selling more than I should to a corp was pathetic and insulting. I am glad I didn't wait, mostly on the advice of my good friend and business partner Jte who is very perceptive and was keeping a close eye on me this summer before the fall came. I seemed to be losing more and more of my better nature back in mid 2017, but hell, "I am feeling much better now". I think many of us have taken a beating in 2017 it seems. Most of my friends who are in this age group (45-55) are wondering what is next and what is waiting in the wings to wallop us into the next year of our existence in these twisted times of obscene hype, noise, dumb opinions, data compilation so powerful that it has begun to limit our choices by gradually and ever so subtly eroding at our freedom and humanity, all the while providing precise and targeted abundance making us feel that we are fortunate even when our desires have become so painfully ordinary and predictable to the all mighty providers of various crap. You and I are now the products of the new marketing teams who have so much dope on how ordinary we have been made to become. Sitting Ducks for Profit Inc. (SDPI for short)

So when Drano texted me this afternoon, I was happy to meet up with him at the North Star when it opened at 5pm. In fact I was planning to be there a little before since there were repairs and some maintenance planned in order to get ready to host the IFPA provincial championships this coming Saturday the 20th. Pinbot got a refresh on its power supply via JamesSchid, and a new 7 digit AN gas display glass which was painstakingly installed by Jordan one of the latest repair apprentices at the North Star. The original display glass was molted and began looking worse and worse, so it was time to react. Faces by Sonic also developed a bug after solving an earlier major hassle yesterday having to do with fish paper which had jumped the out hole switch hence causing continuity to the coin door via the wire form, the guide brackets, the ball itself and finally the apron hooks to the lockdown mechanism- wtf. Never seen anything like this before, yet we nailed it. That is what questioning can do, it makes us see what is not working right.

Drano arrived at the North Star and got twenty bucks worth of tokens which equals 25 games and began at one end of the line up and made his way down. After offering him a drink I asked him that he candidly report any issues he may notice with the machines since he is an experienced player. This to me is the most valuable repair information I can obtain from a person that is questioning because he is also a repair person, and not just a player. This relates to my final point on this thread, wait for it.

Drano had a supper to attend with his co-workers and/or clients at 7:30PM in old Montreal, so off he went from the Main and west to St.Urbain street in order to catch a southbound Uber all the way down to the old port.

Below is my somewhat late report on this new year coming into being in hopes for an awakening on our part in order to acknowledge what we are now becoming and quietly resigning to. It is also a promise to myself in a way and addresses my point about abundance and its consequences on our desires, our choices, our freedom and our humanity fading away via the lack of questioning we have accepted in the face of what we are told we cannot change. All the while we continue to feed information to the big quantum computer in the cloud that is quelling our natural desires in and through knowing what the majority of us will have for supper before we know it ourselves. We have let it know where we are, what we are interested in and who we know, (hence who we really are) and everything else we have given up for mere points and so called rewards. How it interprets and uses this information is out of our control, so we remain sitting ducks and targeted by marketing firms with more precise sights that hitherto. Ducks think they are free, until the gunshot hits.

On the last night of 2017 I was and/or imagined that I was up in Morin Heights celebrating the end of another year along with my new girlfriend's family. Traditional Quebecois meal, heavy on the animal protein and lots & lots of red red wine, music, dancing and exhaustion. Very excessive and exceptional for me I must say. I have learned that one has to be starved and depraved of what is now so easily obtainable and made readily available for the majority of us in the day to day in order to truly enjoy such a programmed and celebratory abundance. So it is a tough sell for me and for some of my smarter friends to partake in such festivities if you already have everything you need to just be OK and well during most of your days and nights of the year. For real, it really doesn't take all that much stuff to be well.

So my solution is to learn to also feed my own chosen desires now, and not to quell them as quickly as soon as they arise. Hence, I am learning to be a more of an accurate degenerate by specialty at this stage of life. It just tastes better and feeds the computer differently.

The morning of the 1st day of 2018 was sunny, light, cold and beautiful in contrast to the heavy & hot nature of the previous night's celebrations. I think I will stop eating anything that once had a face for my own health, I don't see the point of my body being a graveyard for animals. I am fed up with life and death, but I am also too full and beyond feeling well when I do not make my own choices. (Oops, I stand corrected, maybe fish will continue to be the exception to all my rules as it has for over a decade now.) So I will refrain from eating any creature that takes care of its young, how is that for an original choice, fish lays eggs and split the scene soon after so they are fair game. How is that for an uncommon new years resolution ?

So all my hopes to you and yours for an exceptional 2018 A.D. Let's at least make it better than 2017, especially for those who have lacked in peace, health, humour, good work, artistic expression, friendship, love and joy in doses that do not render us insensitive and stund/abruti/mastool and ungrateful etc.

From the first page of my philosophical repair thread, which I started over four years ago - (do a google search for "pinball repair philosophy" and it will lead you there)

"Let us hope that the horrors of evil no longer loiter on the doorsteps of your path, beckoning you into the brothel of despair, and that herein after you may present them with the most rigid manifestations of a firm and manly will." Jack Kerouac

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

The new year has arrived.

Time marches on folks. and lately, some of us may be feeling its morbid stomps getting louder. There should be no surprise there, time has always marched on, but lately it resonates loudly within us via its' natural exercise.

We also know life my friends. And as we grow older little by little, the sharper ones of us who still know how to grow from the working out of our experiences and hence are coming to know more things. Much more relevant things about our human condition which is now married to and accompanied by this weird information age that is quickly providing answers and saving us the grief of questioning, hence thinking for ourselves in many cases. But there is no more fooling with us, (the older gens) or trying to sell us hype as the world accelerates towards an adjustment. Partly due to this pandemic, and other things unpleasant, we have come to know time once again. Being older and maybe smarter (i.e. still learning via experience), we are in the way of progress in this information age since our bullshit meters have been triggered once again by the latest group of scoundrels and unreliable goats. We have involuntarily gone into high alert. Learning as we did by making mistakes is not the same as how learning happens in this new age, - the i-phone generation is “learning” by avoiding the problems they have recognized and typed in, there are less questions now since someone (later something) has solved what they have described as the issue and which has been agreed to be identified as such..

And for those of us who still communicate with ease on a more verbal & soulful manner off this forum, we know and recognize that time has gained something on us. we are in the way of a future that is not ours.

FYI

According to the Christian calendar this is the year 2022. That is pretty much what we use around here to agree on dates for the large majority of our business dealings and other things silly. So in accordance with the latter measuring stick, I will be at work and selling parts and repair services tomorrow January 4th & going forward forever more and do not plan to sit idle no matter what we are dealing with in this foul first month of 2022. Acting responsibly towards others and the social order is not to be taken lightly, and I understand the rule of responsibility towards others and the freedom we enjoy in return. So for all those regular & loyal clients who believe in keeping pinball alive in their homes (since playing in public seems to be taking another nasty blow) I am available as I have been since 1990 & going forward.

In the late 1980's the operators I dealt with & the big wigs at Laniel Automatic laughed at my idea for a new home service repair business and said that I would starve to death in catering to that small market. Now operator clients, (the few that are left) and which come to Alouette for parts are beginning to ask if they can work with me. I politely say no, I only work with people who know how to work and am as big as I want to be without compromising quality for quantity. You can't teach proper repair skills of these devices in a year, it takes at least five years of hands on to learn to do good & solid repair work on these complex machines, you have to see stuff for yourself over years of wear and tear. And especially for others who pay you & trust that you have their interests in mind, you need to be accountable and deliver what you say you will deliver. So sometimes enough is plenty & properly manageable is also plenty. There is no real need to go further since this is a dying business like most older businesses that have existed in another time, also because the younger gens are more interested in a new reality. We once again see that the only constant throughout all time is change. Getting caught up in the game of rapid growth via various economic boosters in businesses that don't need them can often lead to a premature end, like giving steroids to someone who is weak because they are at the end. It is all in the timing and as I said above, some of us know time mostly because we have been here for a while.

KAPLA !!
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Many of us are still on this rotating planet. (orb)
We need to get jobs done efficiently & effectively.

We rely heavily on the good friends like Ro-bear. (RAB-bear)
To take what we know is true and move forward despite all of it.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:13 am Many of us are still on this rotating planet. (orb)
We need to get jobs done efficiently & effectively.

We rely heavily on the good friends like Ro-bear. (RAB-bear)
To take what we know is true and move forward despite all of it.
Thanks my friend. Kerouac wrote, " I have nothing to offer anyone except my own confusion", and humbly, I feel the same way about the world these days. However, I am still pretty bang on lately at recognizing scoundrels, manipulators and their inane babble. As Steve Young put it to me last month, "Your bullshit meter is on high alert these days Robert, I can deduct this from what you are recounting lately."

Warlock, l also wish to thank you for your insights having to do with how you interpret human reactions and behaviour. Those reactions we are seeing bursting forth in an anxious thoughtless manner in the face of various sources of information are troubling to say the least. Your observations have been a great source of ideas for my writings of late in putting things in order sort of speak. Loud reactionary behaviour sparked by fear in the face of not knowing what has happened to what we use to call truth has grown exponentially, to now use a common term. Again, truth is temporal and has probably never really existed for extended periods of time in our history except for maybe scientific observations that managed to have been locked down and agreed upon as a basis for a reality perceived. Lately, I think that what we are told, and what is being held up as truth has been left to the loudest town crier who is more than likely after something else than trying to put out facts that can last, at least for a while, so that we may be allowed to act responsibly on some ground. Again if there ever were any facts, or at best if there are any left that stand up these days for the masses, I hope there will be enough time to act and benefit from their focus before they change again. But with all these people lying and twisting words & catch phrases to some advantage or another, I feel uneasy, uneasy to take action based on what is being put out there. Then comes being fed up and action takes hold.

Let me just say that the many discussions you and I have had lately about the "déroulement" of our social situation during this pandemic has enlightened and kept me one step ahead of the bullshit and the fear that looms over many populations keeping them from running out of control. You my friend have an uncanny intuition about things, especially concerning what the media puts out and makes the majority of the population go "oh no, this can't be true, this is terrible !". Indeed, we are going through another major world wide adjustment, and yes it hurts so many of us who believe that change is not necessary at this point because we almost had all our damn ducks in a row sort of speak and somehow many of us work hard to settle into a world of private and comfortable ease. But many of us, especially the smarter ones half-heartedly believed that we were okay before this bug hit. We were not, and only a total dummy would believe that we were living in a world that was getting overall smarter, more humane and better for populations & where they roam. And now, this period of change may go either way, and at best it may adjust our direction in how dumb we have let ourselves become by depending on whatever was offered to us claiming that it would improve our lives in the bustling city where there is so much money and happiness to be had.

I sincerely hope that what we are being subject to, especially in the service industries lately is not just another vote for the advent of artificial intelligence since we are becoming less able to engage people from the masses to perform even the simplest tasks without so many difficulties and carelessness and errors largely due to lack of training. Hell, let me tell you about the guy at the koodo/telus/bell (and who knows what else) I had to explain things to a while back. Wow, I was blown away by how much he cared about explaining (i.e. providing service) & helping me in replacing my cell phone which had vanished one night in December on Saint Urbain street. I am not a Karen, but I had to tell him a few things up front in order to make him stand up straight which he was unable to do and look attentive at the same time.

So, well, yes, I say, this is happening and we are going to face it as responsible men and women and address this until we come out of it, one way or the other. Mental health has suffered, and you can almost see it deteriorate after every news annoucement having to do with restrictions. And in the streets of our cities it is starting to hit harder on the people who were already on a decline, and yes people will die and it will take more time to heal than a decade providing that we are granted tyhe stability to recover, but by then who knows what fresh hell we will have to deal with as we go through a sordid period of finger pointing between nations, political beliefs and all matter of righteous american morons once this pandemic subsides.

Hence it makes sense that the mainstream media is also getting dumber (especially below us) and turning to selling news as entertainment as to help us keep up with what someone has decided is a useful truth in these times of uncertainty. So they continue to add to this soup of despair and division since we believe that we are such smart individuals and important to the continuation of all things. And up here, we need to stay educated and keep educating people, since it is harder to make educated people believe opinions that benefit shit disturbers and greedheads. In a nut shell example, Québec is a dictatorship and English Canada are a bunch of dumb shop keepers. None of that is absolutely true. Big business may be the problem with politicians dancing to a beat that doesn't jive with the initial idea of people first represented by elected officials. And the fact that people are becoming superfluous in the advent of technology is also something we will have to deal with eventually. But business doesn't want to wait too long until it can practice its fanfare and futility once again, lest people may forget that they can do without so much garbage and still be well, even happy with much less than what is promoted and sold as essential and a "must have" or else you will miss out. Damn !

Once this pandemic fades enough in order to allow us to breathe without so much obstruction & caution, there will be about a year of finger pointing amongst nations, smaller groups & schools of thought and all this will generate a climate of more division than we have seen hitherto and that is where we will have to be braver than we have ever been, because when a small trigger event occurs within as sensitive a climate as that, anything can and will happen and explode into something far more devastating than this here pandemic, and that is the real danger of a new post crisis world order.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Okay, so I know this isn't a mind-blowing score to some of you, but this is the first time I've blown up this pin. My previous scores were all in the 200,000,000 zone. I can reach Kobayashi Maru nearly every session and I've managed to finish it once (oddly the very first time I reached it). Tonight I was in the zone!

I tripled my original GC!
1.jpeg
I doubled my medals! I only had two more modes before I reached Enterprise Amok (never been there before)
2.jpeg
Warp 9.9 then an additional 3 warps
3.jpeg
54 combos, up from 36!
4.jpeg
Anyway, still riding the high from this game!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Today in Montreal I happened to notice the obvious & clear viewpoint from this dashboard.

It felt like a cold skeletal spring this morning, bare trees, brown hard earth, plentiful potholed pavement and light snow blowing off the windshield. All normal I suppose, we are still in March. I am anticipating the rest of this year in this city, and from this perspective, it will likely be steady in lieu of a rather gaudy past.

At work now, feeling the need to write something on this quiet forum, while anticipating all the fun which lies ahead which hopefully will be laced with sunlight, reunions, pinballs and loads of laughter. Indeed, for that is what remains vital to any human being with warm blood in its' veins, - fun rules along with positive social interactions, friends and the art of conversation. As for the cold blooded bastards of our times, their approach to joy and success is largely at the expense of others. They believe that there is no other way, remaining primitive while these nervous times continue to promote their venal animal behaviour. In short, they are heartless scum with little imagination. It seems that many of these animals no longer care about their reputations, what does it matter since the end is always near, - hell, this is the age of scoundrels so what do they care, all or nothing since it is their time to "flourish". Survival mode has become an answer for those who have given up on the higher abilities of our humanity, no hope nor belief in others, fear sets in and a deep disconnection to the human condition. It is all we can connect to despite our superficial differences. But it seems that more power and greed and pride helps to reassure the low lives as superior. Fuck these people, they don't understand that it all comes out in the wash and no one knows what will happen unless we decide to stick together and think long term.

And despite the age of the asshole being more predominant upon this hurting world, I can only continue to mock them for their disdain of eachother and all their small brain envy and short sighted thinking. It seems that succeeding via competence, organic growth, education, birth control, assisted humane exiting, along with planned periods of deconstruction and decades of staying the course are obsolete now, dismissed as impractical, yet..... there is no more time left they claim, so instead these bastards resort to a form of haste, confusion, lies and chaos accompanied by avid greed without shame celebrating the squalor that accompanies such actions in this turbulent adjustment period. Yet, what comes out of the other end of this process of adjustment is how we decide to deal with it now, and yes, the outcome remains in flux. All in all, we have nothing to gain or to lose, the game is up boys, it is our call, and we should do everything to let all the peoples of the world live well and die in peace.

OK back to what some call work.

(Morning edit complete)
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

R.A.B. wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:54 am Today in Montreal I happened to notice my viewpoint from this dashboard.

It felt like a cold sckeletal spring this morning, bare trees, brown wet earth, hard potholed pavement and light snow blowing off the windsheild. All normal I suppose, we are still in March. I am anticipating that the rest of this year in this city and from this perspective will likely be steady, even in lieu of a rather gawdy past.

At work now, feeling the need to write something on this quiet forum while anticipating all the fun ahead laced with sunlight, reunions, pinballs and laughter. Indeed, for that is what remains vital to any human being with warm blood in its' veins, social interactions, friends and the art of conversation. As for the cold blooded, their approach to joy and success is largely at the expense of others, they believe that there is no other way since they insist on remaining primitive while these nervous times promote a venal animal behaviour in the more conniving. Many no longer care about their reputations, what does it matter, the end is always near, this is the age of scroundrels so what do they care, it is who they are. Survival mode becomes an answer for those who have given up on the higher abilities of our humanity, no hope nor belief in others, so more greed and power should reassure them. Fuck these people

And despite the age of the asshole being more prodominant upon this hurting world, I will continue to mock them for their disdain of eachother and all their small brain envy. It seems that succeeding via competance, organic growth, along with planned periods of deconstruction and decades of staying the course are obsolete now. There is no time. Instead, we have come to this old form of haste, confusion, lies and chaos accompanied by avid greed without shame along with the squalor that accompanies such actions in this turbulent adjustment period. What comes out of the other end of this is how we decide to deal with it now, and yes, the outcome is still in flux. In the end, we have nothing to gain or to lose, the game is up boys, it is our call.

OK back to what some call work.
I guess I need to start wearing a tin foil hat. How did you download my thoughts and post them under your name?

Good post Robert. Couldn't agree more that's for sure.
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

mrmikeman wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:22 pm I guess I need to start wearing a tin foil hat. How did you download my thoughts and post them under your name?

Good post Robert. Couldn't agree more that's for sure.
Thanks Mike. Appreciate your comments and was hoping active members would at best read.

Many of us are thinking along similar lines, it just seems odd to us in recognizing that lately. Especially since we have all been divided for so long and feel that we will not be understood if we dare say something about these crazy times. We must tread carefully, words are more loaded than usual lately. I think it is because we are feeling more alone within our own quiet perceptions/thoughts about the same things, - yet I don't think we are so disconnected when it comes to being human in this context. There is always that base we can start from, existence without judgement, being.

It is a paradox that there are more ways to communicate than ever before, and yet, we are experiencing more misunderstandings than ever before. I think that we have lost some of what served as the starting point to build ideas on. It feels like the ground has shifted under us, especially across the latest generations who have had to endure an overflow of mostly hopeless information about the state of the world they will inherit, all this doom. Truth seems to be slipping its' anchor much faster than it has in the past while. Creates confusion and opportunity for the nasty shifty bastards of this age. Best to see them coming and always call them out on their game, they aren't particularly smart. In fact, it is easy to predict their behaviour since their values are so base in nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHo1fNn ... bl-vbBnJ3I

(morning edit complete)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

May is just around the corner and I am feeling that proverbial back pocket flask filling with lively and vivid anticipation. It sort of feels like a renaissance coming on, but then again, I always feel that way around this time of year, - fresh start sort of thing. :D Taxes all done with for the year, while grasping the fact that spring has sprung again as skirts and smiles are looking to brightening the days which lie ahead.

Also understanding in my gut that there is lots of good stuff on the horizon in lieu of the nasty & temperamental climate of humanity fueled by the inherent bullshit which keeps piling up.

Does your bullshit meter go off the scale more often than usual lately ? Mine certainly does when I hear superficial lies of big business babble and those who want ot be associated with them.

The real danger is that most people want to believe in something, that is a natural fact, yet there is nothing easier to wound than someone at the mercy of a belief. Some of these bastards I deplore have figured that out and are using this weakness more and more blatantly, hence ...... the large majority of us will will stay quiet. Just keeping quiet with our heads down while being exposed to so many incomplete claims, half truths and omissions of what should be put forth. Just feeling the shame of it all, hence my head squats down in utter disbelief that many have sunk this low without at least admitting that they are playing a game. They do take themselves very seriously even if they are just phoney pricks who have very little of substance to offer.

Shysters will often muddy the waters in order to appear deep as they play within two realities, one more or less concrete and another generating and geared to an end alone. I have often walked onto their waters and it doesn't even reach my ankles, it is really only just a puddle for now. In fact many people providing the puddles count on you not taking that step across with your own heels, they want you to believe that there is depth where htere is none and to keep quiet when you find that out. Call them on it when you feel duped and after basically being lied to over and over again. Imagine spending so much of your time lying to others, that must take a special kind of insecurity, lack of confidence in who you are and a deep carelessness towards what real life is. Fawk !

Neither dreams nor reality should be taken for granted. Not everyone has a handle on their thinking, let alone their imaginations.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri May 13, 2022 8:13 am, edited 10 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

May is here and events are happening once again in the wild world; and even here in Canadonia...
Spring has sprung and these outdoor events in the (rain/snow) have resumed once again after almost 26 months.

Great post by RAB. I need to read it again to respond when I am not so tired from slugging gear in these elements.
This time around does feel different now though; An interesting "last hurrah" in my world, with only the veterans left.

By that: I mean that there is almost no one around who is young and fresh and ready to go do what we do; real live events.
It is all veterans; the hardy and resilient, the skilled and the good; and yes, those that were well wisdomed by the aging trainers.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I do love all of the new activity.
I just can't exactly return to "hampster on the wheel" production: as in days of yore.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

One thing to note as things open up: people have reduced the radius of their lives in the face of a pandemic.
Now might be a good time to recruit. We have received inquiries from a few new people for Pinball Women Ottawa. Lots of people might be looking for new things to do, and unsure of ways to get out there.

Might I suggest: pinball?

If you have a public location or a publicly accessible league, might be a perfect opportunity to get the word out. People are looking for something new, looking for ways to connect with human beings that doesn't involve being screamed at by conspiracy theorists on social media.

Not every place has pinball accessible to the public, but when a place does I want to shout it from the rooftop
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Mid May is approaching and the first heat wave will start to wane this weekend in Montreal. Came a little early, but I guess that we are made more aware of differences these days.

Nothing makes me happier than waking up and knowing that the day ahead of me will bring new things to learn and do as old wood turns to new growth just like how this season promotes new life from rotting matter in the forest. I have been watching that process closely lately, watching what is growing and at the same time keeping an eye out for trouble, because where there is life, there is......well, lots of stuff that can happen.

Rab

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

English will follow, no worries - happy news.

À compter de mardi le 24 mai, le département des pièces d'Alouette cessera de servir les clients et n'existera plus comme vous l'avez peut-être connu. Cela signifie que moi, Rab, votre humble serviteur, ne répondrai plus au téléphone ni aux courriels adressés à info@alouetteamusement.com durant les deux prochaines semaines.

(En passant, veuillez ignorer les annonces Kijiji obsolètes de mon ancien employeur à partir du 1er Juin si vous ne l'avait pas déjà fait.)

Cependant, vous pourrez adresser toutes vos demandes de pièces et de service à info@montrealpinball.com à partir de lundi le 6 juin et il sera de ma responsabilité de vous aider de toutes les manières possibles, à condition que vous ayez toujours vos numéros de pièces et votre merde bien organisé. Je suis plus que souvent assez occupé, alors je vous demande respectueusement de faire votre part dans la recherche de vos demandes avant de brayer pour que je vous aide.

Ce déménagement physique (pas mon premier) s'annonce quand même assez "lourd" merci, donc la patience de votre part sera fortement apprécié, et une fois que tout le triage des pièces régulières sera pris en inventaire et déplacé au 8500 Chemin Delmeade, (juste en face de l'ancien Alouette Amusement), le numéro de téléphone à appeler sera le 514-330-5555 – Montréal Pinball et le courriel à utiliser sera dorénavant info@montrealpinball.com.

Pour ceux qui préfèrent se présenter en personne pour acheter leurs pièces, je l'encourage au lieu de simplement commander en ligne sur https://amusement.evolvo.com/ - si impersonnel et ennuyeux. Cependant, je respecterai vos demandes en ligne en affichant de plus en plus de pièces communes comme des anneaux en caoutchouc, des serrures, des nettoyants, des bobines, et des balles à des prix jamais vus auparavant. Là encore, je continue d'être physiquement disponible les lundis, les mercredis et les vendredis de 9h à 15h. Autrement, sur rendez-vous le reste du temps pendant que je continue à réparer des machines à boules à domicile dans la région de Montréal et à rencontrer la faune qui y habite.

Il n'y aura pas vraiment de département de vente ou de service au 8500 Chemin Delmeade, juste le plus solide département de pièces à Montréal et les meilleurs conseils provenant d'un groupe de vétérans de l'industrie qui me fréquente. Et bien sûr, je partage ce nouvel emplacement avec un comptable pour maintenir cette nouvelle entreprise en ordre financier.

Je suis très heureux de pouvoir vous offrir les meilleurs conseils (philosophiques et autres) ainsi que des services de pièces et de réparation inégalés via Montreal Pinball à partir de cet emplacement au 8500 Chemin Delmeade à Ville Mont-Royal à partir du 9 juin 2022. Très heureux d'avoir réalisé ce prochain chapitre dans le domaine de l'amusement, c'est le cas de le dire - l'amusement, shit, c'est tout ce qui reste maintenant.

Yabo !!

Rab

As of Tuesday May 24th the Alouette parts dept. will stop serving customers and will no longer exist as you may have known it. This means that I, yours truly - Rab will no longer answer the phone or any emails addressed to info@alouetteamusement.com. Please ignore the wild & outdated Kijiji ads of my former employer if you haven't done so already.

However, you can now address all your parts & service requests to info@montrealpinball.com as of Monday June 6th and it will be my responsibility to assist you in any way I can, providing that you wisely have your part numbers on hand and your shit together. I am usually pretty busy, so please do your part in researching your requests before babbling for me to help you.

This physical move (not my first) still promises to be quite “heavy” so thank you for your patience. And once all the triage and inventory of the regular selling parts is complete and are moved to 8500 Chemin Delmeade, (just across the street from the old Alouette Amusement) the phone number to call going forward will be 514-330-5555 – Montreal Pinball and the email to use will be info@montrealpinball.com.

And for those who wish to show up in person to buy their parts, which I encourage instead of just ordering on line at https://amusement.evolvo.com/ (so impersonal and dull). However, understanding the awkwardness of the next gens in explaining themselves, I will comply with these times by posting more and more common parts like rubber rings, locks, cleaners, coils, flippers and balls at prices never seen before for their "clicking" pleasure. Then again, I continue to be physically available Monday-Wednesday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a more personal attentiveness and by appointment during the rest of the time (Tuesdays & Thursdays) as I continue to repair pinball machines in homes across the GMA while encountering & observing the wildlife that resides within, maybe even write about it again like I use to.

There will be no machine sales or service department to speak of for now at 8500 Chemin Delmeade, just the best parts department in Montreal and the solid advice from a bunch of industry veterans whom I enjoy keeping company with along with an accountant to keep this new business endeavour in financial order.

I am happy to be able to offer you the best advice, (philosophical and otherwise) along with unequaled parts and repair services via Montreal Pinball from this new location at 8500 Chemin Delmeade in Ville Mont-Royal staring June 9th 2022. Very happy to have achieved this next life gig/chapter/goal.

Yabo & Kapla !!

Rab

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I am very delinquent posting on this thread.
RAB and Cait and I need to keep this up again.

More soon.