THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by cait001 »

I haven't gotten up to much since the Hawkesbury show, alas. I've been in a bit of a state of shock due to world news events, and I'm trying to keep my focus on family and house stuff to compensate. Then I'm off on vacation for 2 weeks around the Muskokas&GTA.
I have a Kick Off in need of tweaking and I am sure I could do it in 2 hours if I could just find some focus...

A book I've played a role in comes out next month so you'll definitely be hearing from me when that drops!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Excellent Cait. Thanks for the update.

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

Retired one year ago today.....where did a year go?
Life is short folks...live it up.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Wow! Congrats. Enjoy.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

I finally found a new pinball game that's sporty like me and safely within my budget.

Game on!
Attachments
20220614_182309.jpg

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

OTTOgd wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:32 pm I finally found a new pinball game that's sporty like me and safely within my budget.

Game on!

Score! There's a surprising community that also collects pachinko toys in the way people collect pinball toys.
I have a folder of interesting Japanese toys based around arcade games. I should show you some time.
I like the long cultural history of toys emulating the popular arcade games of the time, a tradition over a century old. Though i refuse to dive in TOO deeply as i don't want to be a toy collector/researcher too ;)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

This hobby is very alive and active my friends.
Participate. Enjoy. Have fun. All the very best.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Good morning...
Citrus. Tea.
Breakfast.
The River.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

On this 1st of July, I have read and enjoyed this forum once again. Ideas, friends, pinball and the days of summer ahead.

Had a few MAACA members drop into the new office this week to chat and talk pinball and buy a few parts. Those are the moments I cherish most, friends and conversation and deriving conclusions to the simple things that matter most in these silly times of endless hyper fueled progression making idiots out of the idea of being alive and leading the large majority of humanity to an inevitable wall and greater division, all the while selling it all like something else about being more connected. OK.

Service call this morning in St.Hubert, two video games, simple issues (Space Invaders & Defender - neither original) and then meeting up with an old friend, a kid (then 19) whom I hired in Toronto when I was there for Laniel Automatic in the late 90's. We needed a shipper and this kid was a hard working type, liked to party but always showed up for work. Well he is no longer a kid obviously. Stevie (I should start calling him Steve) is now 44 and has his own business installing networks (what else is understood when we say network these days) and is working in Montreal this week (he lives in Mississauga). I look forward to coffee and cigarettes with him today, yup he still smokes Dunhills.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Most excellent my friend. If we all stick to our own threads where we can post our thoughts and feelings freely; we shall all keep moving it all forward.
The planet certainly has no "Grande Plan" or useful purpose for us once we have reproduced and that progeny has also reproduced making us: irrelevant.

Tough fact to contemplate and understand at first thought.
Easy to understand once we realize our "children's children" are it...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Glad to hear and see you post again bro.
I am not really posting for many these days.

In the past: indeed many of us posted for others to follow.
The world is far different now. I expect no response in essence.

Moving forward. Watching. Perhaps participating?
It seems to be a "reluctant" way to move forward perhaps.

Many may see it that way I am told: as I suspected was the case.
And so: in a few weeks time; this will all wither away once again.

Cheers.

Salut.

All the very best.

Not sure this time if there is any more soon...

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Moving again :shock: after 12 years.

Shit we accumulate stuff, i'm almost ready with hundreds of boxes :FP: .

Games will be on break for a while .

Very stressfull time , but i will survive :D

New gameroom next year :D

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Tu t'en vas dans quel coin ?
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Sparky 2.0 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:24 am
Mindstorm88 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:50 am Moving again :shock: after 12 years.

Shit we accumulate stuff, i'm almost ready with hundreds of boxes :FP: .

Games will be on break for a while .

Very stressfull time , but i will survive :D

New gameroom next year :D
Hein? Fini à l'IREQ?

Grosse nouvelle!
Non, non, toujours a l'IREQ , fini de voyager entre 2 maisons , on a vendu les 2 et acheté une plus grosse !! :D

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Azatotht wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:53 pm Tu t'en vas dans quel coin ?
Sorel, je me rapproche de Paidge :lol:

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Mindstorm88 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:16 pm
Congrats a toi et Karine Bro.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

Excellente nouvelle, content pour toi :D

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by paidge »

ATABOY

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

R.A.B. wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:51 pm What a day today. Contradictory in a way, - parts sales have been going up, so why shut down for a month ? What does the amusement industry have to do with the Québec construction holiday ?

I sold well over 1K in parts today, (average day is 500 at three days a week), so I am considering going into Alouette every Friday only and running the Montreal Pinball parts counter for that one day only for the next four weeks. I do not see the logic of taking a month off when parts sales are up and as local operators are asking for more stuff now that they are coming out of their holes and their locations are opening for business again. Time will tell, but these are definitely exciting times, I am stoked. 8-)

R.A.B.
The above is from last year, sort of gives us perspective methinks, happy to help in keeping operator locations running.

Apparently we will be closing the Montréal Pinball parts counter from July 11th to August 1st this year for the Québec construction holiday (whatever that means), but in reality, it actually doesn't mean that much since when you get down to the nitty gritty of what is left of this community along with the handful of operators I have known for years, most of these people know how to reach me and can get parts and advice anytime at all, so yaboo & kapla !!

FYI - please note that I do not deal with fuzzheads, we understand each other, don't we ? :D I am sort of on a permanent vacation so have your part numbers ready if you want to talk turkey.

Again, FYI as they say, I will be in Toronto near the end of July to make those well needed connections there once again, so let me know if I can move some small items transport back or forth like Warlock does on a heavier scale since he is obviously bigger than me. :FP:

In the meantime (love that word "meantime")

I have stumbled upon a bunch of new Stern parts that tend to break frequently.

515-6308-01 Flipper coil stop assembly - 6.95 $ CAD - Your reference = https://www.marcospecialties.com/contro ... 15-6308-01

(FYI - the latest Stern plunger and link for flippers is part no.515-6304-03 and is usually changed at the same time as a "mushroomed" coil stop. Note that you can use the WMS flipper plunger and link as a sub (part no. A-15847), they are equivilant and less expensive than the Stern part. However, the Stern coil stop is not interchangeable with the WMS coil stop for flippers, part no. A-12390.

515-7257-00 and 515-7257-01, hell, those damn EOS actuators break often because Stern is cutting quality everywhere they can, it is good for profit and that is what matters in business, or they are simply making a run to the finish line. Weird times for pinball machine operators, slim pickings in this likely pre-war era and recession/depression.

But yes, E.O.S. actuators, I have found a bunch, left and right for 4.50$ (CAD)/each. Your visual reference is - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinbal ... 15-7257-01

God Bless our ship of fools, nobody else would venture to do so, but i think (s)he may have well split the whole scene completely after pulling its hair out watching us behave the way we do.

R.A.B.
20211001_192812.jpg

MIkea
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by MIkea »

Sparky 2.0 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:23 am Well, I got hit with a few wowzers these last few days. LOL

Estimate for my roof repair: 30000$. Not even leaking, but it is 24 years old and looks tired. Getting other estimates as I type this...

Estimate for braces for Emma, my daughter: 7200$

So, no Rush LE this year. LOL. Shit happens.

Onwards!
I hear ya. In the last few years we’ve done the roof, furnace, AC, windows are next….

Pro tip: we went through Canadian Tire to do our roof, and ended up getting some Canadian Tire money out of the deal. Almost enough to cover whatever major repair my truck needed immediately after that.

steamfitter
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by steamfitter »

Sparky 2.0 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:23 am Well, I got hit with a few wowzers these last few days. LOL

Estimate for my roof repair: 30000$. Not even leaking, but it is 24 years old and looks tired. Getting other estimates as I type this...

Estimate for braces for Emma, my daughter: 7200$

So, no Rush LE this year. LOL. Shit happens.

Onwards!
$30 000 ?
Pins: Black Hole , Lightning , Future Spa, Pink Panther
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Arcade: hang on , space invaders 412 in 1
Projects : seeburg LPC-1 , Excalibur

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Yeah things are getting expensive all over leaving less and less buffer for hobbies. Worst case scenario I'll sell my JP to float us some cash until we're back to two paycheques again. At least that one would be the easiest thing to re-buy in the future.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

ALSO: Love this thread.
My last post. Cheers. Salut.

Available by PM or offline always.
My friends all know how to reach me.

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Premiere phase de déménagement complété, 2 camions un 30 pieds et un 22 pieds en entrepot :shock:

oupss j oubliais, 5 voyages de trailer dans une autre entrepot :FP:

Maintenant on attend la maison en appartement :bawling

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

Mindstorm88 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:10 pm Maintenant on attend la maison en appartement :bawling
Ouf, combien de temps avant de pouvoir entrer ?