THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Azatotht wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:14 pm
Mindstorm88 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:10 pm
Maintenant on attend la maison en appartement :bawling
Ouf, combien de temps avant de pouvoir entrer ?
Début novembre !!!

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Azatotht »

Mindstorm88 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:36 pm

Début novembre !!!
Vous allez l'apprécier quand ça va arriver !

Bon courage, même si je suis certain que c'est pas si pire que ça être un peu plus collés pour un moment :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by hyann »

Sparky 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am
Well, not getting any younger. LOL. Blew out my back doing absolutely nothing. In bed all day Saturday, and taking it easy Sunday. Better today but still numb.

Getting older sucks. LOL
Yes! Ça commence dans 10 ans on va pouvoir racheter vos machines le tier du prix parce que vous serez plus capable des sortir du sous-sol lol
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Azatotht »

My basement got flooded again last week because of the heavy rain.

Another 6 months of bullshit trying to get it redone just as I was getting back into the hobby again.

At least, my games are not here...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by Mrhide »

Azatotht wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:00 am
My basement got flooded again last week because of the heavy rain.

Another 6 months of bullshit trying to get it redone just as I was getting back into the hobby again.

At least, my games are not here...
:cry: shit!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 191 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Spent some time last night reading old posts on MAACA and thinking about how a journey doesn't necessarily need a goal.

Many posts struck me as worth re-reading and re-thinking. Especially the ones from people I still know after so many years.

So many good friendships have come from saying what we think and feel as true in relation to this shared obsession and all it drags into our lives with it.

Other posts simply seemed repetitive and wasteful.

Below is one from a while ago that filed me with reflective glee.

From August 2014 – Reflections after a Pow Wow at the Montreal Pinball shop

The spiced rum, the abundant peppers, the whiskey, the thinly sliced salt pork, the goat cheese on light whole wheat crackers, the beer, the wasabi peas, the candied salmon, the buckwheat noodles and the cheddar popcorn made for a kick ass mix of energy along with Jessica showing us her two new tattoos, one of a wire stripper and the other of long nose pliers on the front of her thighs since she started her apprenticeship here at Montreal Pinball. I realized there and then that us older pinball collectors, and whom we refer to as the latest vets need to encourage new blood, however tough this may be on us and our convictions about what the hobby should be like, or on how it rolls and is now managed and interpreted as in this resurgence. Acceptance is key even if we do not agree. Without new blood, there is no life, and the usual and repetitive ideas will just end up stagnating the whole movement. I think I find it hard to accept because so much is left behind which I deem of having value, but there is no other way, things have to move forward and change. It is likely a law of the universe.

After the youth left to go on with their evening downtown and beyond, the old school stayed and wound down to talk about what we had witnessed during that unordinary Pow Wow, and how we were not so at ease with how the next generation is coming on and their approach. But I for one realized that our ideas are old and stagnant, as if there was a truth to all this that we need to protect for some reason, or even a moral and correct slant as to how we should live this hobby. Simply put, to each his own, yes, but it is also so important to let things change even when we don‘t agree. Harm will be done as always and good things will happen as well, thank fate for balance. Make your choices and enjoy your passion while you still have it and it still has you.

Rab

Post by WARLOCK » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:18 pm
And...here we are...

We are getting there.
The new and the old.
What was + what is.
Then, what should be.

It will come together, in time.

Post by Bank-Coil » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:44 am

Tats seem extreme Jessica.

Life's currents ebb and flow, come and go.
Our desires wane and our passions cause pain.
Our interests are kindled our attention is dwindled.
Focus is diverted and new loves are flirted.

Tomorrow so unknowing, yet filled with hopes and dreams.
Expectations are the currency to hold, and are best formed while running downhill.

A clean slate helps everything seem new and exciting.
Reminders of the past give context, but there is value in being able to forget.

There is a great advantage in being flexible and being able to trade in your wire strippers for nose hair clippers, but I digress.

All is good in the search for our place in this lonely world where all would have you believe they feel like they belong but where very few honestly feel like their feet are on the ground.

I am here look at me as I honk my horn driving down quiet streets.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Finallement déménagé dans la nouvelle maison !! :woot

Total 6 hommes 4 voyages de camion et 4 voyages de ma remorque et mon véhicule.. :FP:

Reste a placer le stock, beaucoup de stock :FP: :lol: :lol:

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by Mrhide »

c'est quand le party?! :D
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 191 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Mindstorm88 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:34 am
Finallement déménagé dans la nouvelle maison !! :woot

Total 6 hommes 4 voyages de camion et 4 voyages de ma remorque et mon véhicule.. :FP:

Reste a placer le stock, beaucoup de stock :FP: :lol: :lol:
Vraiment content pour toi Bro. :thumbup

C'est vraiment toute une aventure que tu vis.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Mrhide wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:26 pm
c'est quand le party?! :D
A un moment donné !!! :lol: :lol: