Name that Juke

The place to discuss about all things related to jukeboxes!!
Moder4t
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Name that Juke

Post by Moder4t »

So thats from a few album I had time to check, I know there is many more pics but they are all scrambled in a BIG box underneath lots of stuff, I will get around of finding more relevant picture to the subject in the coming weeks.

On 2 of these picture you can see George Backer sr, one with my great-grand-mother next to his Laniel truck, and another one with a cabinet, not sure if it was a jukebox of some sort.
On another one you can see the baseball team that laniel was sponsering if I am not mistaken, with again, truck in the background.
The last one is with my father and his ex-wife, with the 1940 wurlitzer model 700 that I now have in my living room :D, we all used to call it the christmas tree, as we would use it as such with gift all around it!

Once again, I will definetly go through the box to find some gem :-)

I remember now 1 story that my dad used to tell me about how he and Gerge sr would also make lots of speakers (maybe jukebox?)
and im talking hundreds at a time, for a week they would only cut the wood panel, another week only drill hole, another week only doing the wires and so on. Like a 2 man workshop! I think I saw picture of that as well!

Cheers everyone! have a great weekend!
Attachments
thumbnail_image0000031.jpg
thumbnail_image0000021.jpg
thumbnail_image0000011.jpg
thumbnail_image0000001.jpg

gf270
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by gf270 »

Museum terra technical
Attachments
C2BB8446-3F51-46A4-90F9-72679B9DED16.jpeg
7C8EF395-0894-4E8A-8339-53DE7816B9DD.png

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Ah WOW' merci pour les photos Gilles. Je pense que c'est l'autre modèle "The Evans" que George a construit a gauche ou a droit du "Laniel Special". Possible que je me trompe.

And a big thank you to George Bacher (big daddy senior), from this bunch here on MAACA even if we are late in sending thanks and appreciation since we are from another time.

And ofcourse thanks to his great grandson for making this connection work, I think that this capacity to connect is the better side of the web.

Rab
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy