LF: Playfield post suggestion

Wanted Pinball Parts only Please
QN
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

LF: Playfield post suggestion

Post by QN »

I'm looking for suggestions on what to use on my Williams 4 Aces.

My guess is that when the machine was on site an operator removed the little posts on the outlanes to make the game just that little bit harder. Now I'd like to add them back but there is no reference to them in the manuals so I'm a bit lost at what to use.
For reference, here's what I'm talking about (this is the best picture I could find):
posts.png
posts.png (190.39 KiB) Viewed 465 times
I don't need exact replacements, just something comparable. Thanks.

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 411 times
Been liked: 252 times

Re: LF: Playfield post suggestion

Post by Mrhide »

Call @R.A.B and he will get you the right posts!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

QN
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by QN »

Truth is I almost sent the fish monger a PM directly but figured I'd try the broader forum first.

He'll be the next stop if no one has any suggestions....

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

QN wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:20 pm Truth is I almost sent the fish monger a PM directly but figured I'd try the broader forum first.

He'll be the next stop if no one has any suggestions....
That fish monger thing had slipped my mind Darren, those were colourful days filled with laughs and funky metaphors. Nice to see you are still lurking.

Seems that these days not too many people remember how to laugh, especially at themselves. Things have gotten more complicated, apparently quite serious & touchy now that more and more people deeply believe that they are important to the developement of the world. Hence it has become pretty dull to always watch your words and walk on eggshells in order not offend this latest breed of self cenetered dumb dumbs. Thank goodness there are posts and studs and black & white rubbers to discuss.

Here goes -

Here is the Williams part number (2A-3553) for the post you should probably put back in the hole in order to make the game play as it was meant to and also to somewhat protect the plastic lane guide fins (3A-6005).

Williams originally used a white rubber on their studs
Williams originally used a white rubber on their studs
Gottlieb had some sexier looking ones,(A-5745) more curvy at the base and red to boot and had to be screwed from underneath as opposed to having nuts holding them in straight and secure. I don't think that I have any more of those Gottlieb ones, at least I can't find them. They did use the same "T" shaped rubber as the Williams stud, and I have a bunch of those rubbers in black or honky, (oops sorry), in white.

Red base stud with white rubber made for a more sexy post than the Williams one.
Red base stud with white rubber made for a more sexy post than the Williams one.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

QN
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by QN »

Perfect. As I said/thought you'd be the likely solution to my problem, but if I had sent you a PM directly then it would defeat the purpose of the forum.....not that I expect that there will be a high demand for these little devils, but you never know.

I'll send you a PM to work out an order, thanks.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

QN wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:20 am Perfect. As I said/thought you'd be the likely solution to my problem, but if I had sent you a PM directly then it would defeat the purpose of the forum.....not that I expect that there will be a high demand for these little devils, but you never know.

I'll send you a PM to work out an order, thanks.
That worked. I learned about posts I had never seen before.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

QN
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by QN »

Change of plans....R.A.B. can you shoot me a PM, I'm not convinced mine are being sent.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Just replied to your request Darren, - hope you are still enjoying collecting and repairing games. It is the best part of the whole gammit as far as I am concerned. Parts and service have taken the lead in my preferences lately, mostly because of the human dimensions of all the people one meets. Playing a whole game generally bores me to tears, so I either play to test a repair or can sometimes manage a complete 5 ball game with friends on a game from a different time usually along with good drink and wishing I still smoked Dunhills. :FP:

Case in point : Installed two upgrades on a Stern Rush LE yesterday for a client who didn't dare try to do them himself since the installation instructions looked to be too complex and lenghty for his tolerances. So once done, I in turn had to ask him to play test because I couldn't deal with the loud & bright nature of the game long enough to see if everything worked as it should, so very polished and attractive. Not low down and basic enough for me to enjoy, so I guess that different flips for different folks applies here.

Just picked up the friday morning PMs - I am at the Montreal Pinball & Co. parts office every Monday - Wednesday - Friday and logged onto MAACA from here. Therefore I only see the PMs when I punch up the login, disabled the email notifications for PMs, it was getting stupid. Need to live & work off line more often now. Must keep that balance of a familiar reality dealing in cause and effect while eyeing the new one from a distance. The latter deals in so much information, opinions and noise vis à vis the hands on reality we actually live, work and play in that sometimes I think real life can no longer support what we are exposed to so quickly and frantically.

(Enough already Rab you silly man, go babble somewhere else and work it all out in the cause and effect reality, feels better for your brain )

All this to say that I can send your posts in the mail QN, I certainly can't email them yet. :lol:

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy