Michael Jackson Pinball

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
neo_geo
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Michael Jackson Pinball

Post by neo_geo »

Alright...I know there must be some of you who don't like the guy, but growing up he was a big iconic figure for me.

Which brings up the question, WHY didn't any of the pinball manufacturers make a Michael Jackson Pinball machine?

I'm not even talking about the 90's where his image took a plunder. I'm talking about the instanity of the 80's. Just hard to imagine that there's an Elvis Pinball, Guns N Roses, but no Michael Jackson(although Elvis and GNR deserve their own pinball :ugeek: ). Just imagine how GREAT it would have been!

Any thoughts?

Last edited by neo_geo on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanted: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure, White Water, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Haunted House, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, Star Trek The Next Generation

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Michael Jackson Pinball

Post by aerostarz »

What game is he playing?
Pins: Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, Batman Forever, Popeye

Vids: Asteroids Deluxe, Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Neo Geo 4 Slot, Street Fighter 2, Track n Field, Dragon's Lair, Championship Sprint, Super Hang On, Super GT, Rygar, Galaga, Centipede, Galaxian Cocktail, 720

neo_geo
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by neo_geo »

*Lol* I had the same question but never did much research. I'm sure someone here knows.
Wanted: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure, White Water, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Haunted House, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, Star Trek The Next Generation

wbradley
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by wbradley »

Pinball serves a demographic primarily comprised of teens to 30's males. The home market buyer, a bit older.

That said, MJ appealed primarily to teenaged girls.

There' s your answer!
BSD, CII with CPR p/f, JD, SM, TOM (loaner), Zizzle POTC (pimped)
Interested in LOTS! Limited space and quality over quantity.

neo_geo
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by neo_geo »

Hahah.... I wasn't expecting that response but that was hilarious! Common man, you wouldn't want to own your on MJ pinball?? haha ;)

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by aerostarz »

Lets see how many Pins MJ has played!
Attachments
MJ.jpg
Pins: Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, Batman Forever, Popeye

Vids: Asteroids Deluxe, Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Neo Geo 4 Slot, Street Fighter 2, Track n Field, Dragon's Lair, Championship Sprint, Super Hang On, Super GT, Rygar, Galaga, Centipede, Galaxian Cocktail, 720

mwong168
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by mwong168 »

He had quite the man-cave, see here:

http://www.pinsane2.com/pinorama/events ... entry.html

Hopeless1
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Hopeless1 »

mwong168 wrote:He had quite the man-cave, see here:

http://www.pinsane2.com/pinorama/events ... entry.html
wow c'est beau avoir de l'argent !!

les enfants devaient tripper ! (désolé stait trop facile)

je respecte l'artiste c'était juste une blague lol

dancadera
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by dancadera »

There was a bunch of pins in his estate sale. That weird little dude had more pins than most of us!

I agree that his target demo probably wasn't who pinball was aiming at back then though. Imagine a smoky mullet-filled arcade then a pinball with Micheal Jackson on it sitting there?

RayB
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by RayB »

Seeing as how his estate is being milked by his parasites--I mean parents-- now, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Stern release an MJ pin within the next year.

neo_geo
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by neo_geo »

dancadera wrote: Imagine a smoky mullet-filled arcade then a pinball with Micheal Jackson on it sitting there?
and his arcade would probably be the loudest one there with thriller playing... haha

But yeah, that is quite the weird site

Toeckeder
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Toeckeder »

From RPG

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cl ... 76160.html

Coincidence? Fake? So weird this pops up today. And I'm still looking for that game BTW, the original one of course.
Last edited by Toeckeder on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY, RUSH LE, RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
WTB: NO Vacancy
Vid: MAME #1, TEMPEST, NUCLEUS CANNON, MAME #2, NAMCO Reunion Class of '81
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR, FIREPOWER II, ABRACADABRA, EIGHT BALL DELUXE LE

Toeckeder
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Toeckeder »

Just in case it disappear too fast, here is the add:

Pin Ball Machine- Michael Jackson - $3500 (Covina)
Date: 2011-03-17, 11:14AM PDT
Reply to: sale-c7ysy-2270776160@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This Pin Ball Machine is a one-of-a kind Pin Ball (which was verified by Orange County Arcades). This 4-player machine was built by "Data East Pinball, Inc." out of Chicago, Illinois in 1987 for when Michael Jackson filmed the "Pepsi" commercial. I was told it is a "re-export" from Germany (all verbage and coin mech's are in the German Language). The digital stereo sound system has recorded voice modules that sound just like MJ when targets are hit. It is a "three ball" machine that features the game "Chase / Laser War" but all the art work was designed to feature MJ (back glass portrait and cabinet artwork). The artwork on both sides of the cabinet are slightly faded (very obvious showing MJ driving what appears to be a Laborghini Testarossa down a highway passing a "Pepsi Truck"). The artwork was designed by "Hudson Graphics of O'connor Associates, Inc. The design team was "Team #28". The machine works well. I am moving so I must sell. You can own this highly collectable Pinball for a fraction of what it is worth and own a piece of Pop History! Sacrificing for $3,500. Ask for Mark: Days (626) 331-3011 Evenings (626) 484-0274.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Attachments
3n43oe3pd5V45Z15X4b3h99006a6202651041.jpg
3n43oe3pd5V45Z15X4b3h99006a6202651041.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
3kc3m23oa5O55P15X4b3ha49d57f95f1d1e2b.jpg
3kc3m23oa5O55P15X4b3ha49d57f95f1d1e2b.jpg (6.09 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
3k23m83l45T15X45R2b3h53e4d1709d351ee0.jpg
3k23m83l45T15X45R2b3h53e4d1709d351ee0.jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY, RUSH LE, RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR, FIREPOWER II, ABRACADABRA, EIGHT BALL DELUXE LE

powerslave
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by powerslave »

It seem Secret service with MJ backglass

Toeckeder
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Toeckeder »

It's LASER WAR!

Please someone find one for me.
Attachments
l_war_pf.jpg

powerslave
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by powerslave »

Toeckeder wrote:It's LASER WAR!

Please someone find one for me.
You're right