I can die happy now

Talk about anything that you would like.
Vengeance
MAACA OG

I can die happy now

Post by Vengeance »

Knowing for as long as PAPA exists, my name will be hanging from the rafters!
Attachments
616656_3846830723232_1091140014_o.jpg
Adam B.

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Re: I can die happy now

Post by hyann »

so what's the long story? :)
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

mwong168
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by mwong168 »

Congrats Adam, can't wait to see some pics or game videos.

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

And it only took a punch in the face to get there. :D Congrats!

superJackpot
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by superJackpot »

Way to go. You're in good company!

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Congrats man !
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

That's awesome! Congrats!

cooke
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by cooke »

Adam, I'll never be able to die happy because no matter how hard I try, I will never be as cool as you are.

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

cooke wrote:Adam, I'll never be able to die happy because no matter how hard I try, I will never be as cool as you are.
It's a high standard to try and live up to Corey, but maybe one day, if you try hard enough, you'll reach your goal!
Adam B.

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by TwilightZone »

Fantastic! Saw it in person. Pretty impressive.

And on a side note, every pinball collector should go to PAPA at least once. I went for the first time this year and I hope to make in an annual event. The amount of games is incredible! Thanks again to WilliamsFan for convincing me to go.

Cheers,
Duane
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

the loafer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by the loafer »

To have your name in the rafters at a place like that, for something you feel very passionate about, that certainly is quite an achievement. Congrats Adam, wow!

SquidVicious
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 10 times

Post by SquidVicious »

TwilightZone wrote:Fantastic! Saw it in person. Pretty impressive.

And on a side note, every pinball collector should go to PAPA at least once. I went for the first time this year and I hope to make in an annual event. The amount of games is incredible! Thanks again to WilliamsFan for convincing me to go.

Cheers,
Duane

Agreed 100% Duane ... just to be in a building of that size dedicated to Pin is truly cool ... Adam's Banner sits with Keith Elwin's in a area that I guess they will put up the Pinburgh banners ... on the opposite end of the building they also have the A division winners from PAPA truly a cool sight to see.

This was my second trip to PAPA and as Duane mention everybody should at least try to get there (I know at least 3 newbies from TOPL were down there this year along with another 7 or 8 returning TOPLites)
SM GOT TZ CV TOTAN AFMLE Congo Meteor 2021

FenderBender
MAACA New Contributor

Post by FenderBender »

Congrats, man... Very cool! :)
-L.J. MacLean

(FenderBender)

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by TwilightZone »

SquidVicious wrote:Agreed 100% Duane ... just to be in a building of that size dedicated to Pin is truly cool ... Adam's Banner sits with Keith Elwin's in a area that I guess they will put up the Pinburgh banners ... on the opposite end of the building they also have the A division winners from PAPA truly a cool sight to see.

This was my second trip to PAPA and as Duane mention everybody should at least try to get there (I know at least 3 newbies from TOPL were down there this year along with another 7 or 8 returning TOPLites)
Sorry I missed you. I was totally into the games this time around.

For those considering going, I was always concerned that it was "just" for tournament players. Couldn't be more wrong. While the focus is on the tourney, there are TONS, and TONS of games ready to be played...something like 400 in total and only a handful are for the tournaments. I went intending to play in the C division. Played two times, did terrible (at the time I was 52 out 153 so not so bad for one entry, by the end was 90 something) and decided to just play for fun. Had a blast playing tons and tons of pinball.

Cheers,
Duane
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

Hosted in Canada Surveys

SquidVicious
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 10 times

Post by SquidVicious »

TwilightZone wrote:
SquidVicious wrote:Agreed 100% Duane ... just to be in a building of that size dedicated to Pin is truly cool ... Adam's Banner sits with Keith Elwin's in a area that I guess they will put up the Pinburgh banners ... on the opposite end of the building they also have the A division winners from PAPA truly a cool sight to see.

Sorry I missed you. I was totally into the games this time around.

For those considering going, I was always concerned that it was "just" for tournament players. Couldn't be more wrong. While the focus is on the tourney, there are TONS, and TONS of games ready to be played...something like 400 in total and only a handful are for the tournaments. I went intending to play in the C division. Played two times, did terrible (at the time I was 52 out 153 so not so bad for one entry, by the end was 90 something) and decided to just play for fun. Had a blast playing tons and tons of pinball.

Cheers,
Duane

I did the same (and brought along a buddy who was there for the first time) .. a note to Canadians going down if you pre-registar and you are only going to be there for a day or two you can always use for entries (we get a bonus entry being foreigners) to play in the Classic division rather than A,B or C (it is also cheaper if you are playing C and classics to use the entries for classics and then just pay the $10/entry for C rather than the $15/entry for Classics) .. I did the same as you played two classic tickets and one round C .. I actually did okay in the classics finishing 11th on a couple of the machines but the other two games on the ticket didn't score high enough to get me qualfied .. in C I just played the one ticket and had decent scores on MB and DrWho but only managed a single pt on SM (even tho I own one :roll: ) and nothing on the other two games so I think I finished somewhere around 50th. But as you said the true gem of the place is all the games that encircle the tournament area (a ton of Gottlieb system 1 stuff that I had never seen until last year ... and this year they added a 1812 which was new to me)

Venegence suggested I go a few years back and I had hesitated because I'm not that much of a tourney player (I mostly go to shows to play games I haven't seen .. attend some interesting seminars buy parts ...) but this is a great and different event that really needs to be experienced .. so a delayed thanks to Venegence for putting the bug in my ear a few years back
SM GOT TZ CV TOTAN AFMLE Congo Meteor 2021

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

PAPA is the greatest place on the planet for Pinball IMO, which is why for me it's such an honor to have my name hanging from the rafters.

There isn't a single show, collection, or consortium that rivals what Kevin Martin has been able to create. Kevin, IMO, is one of the single greatest contributors to pinball and considering that the entire collection and financial burden of running the events, maintaining the collection and paying for all the machines that we all get to enjoy is shouldered by him is something we should all be appreciative of. If you haven't experienced PAPA once, you really should, because I guarantee that if there ever comes a time with Kevin decides to move on from PAPA, I doubt we will ever see anything like it ever again.

Also Mark Steinman who is a recent addition to the PAPA Staff has really done an amazing job, he creates and maintains and edits all the video you see at http://pinball.org/index.php and also maintains the entire facility. Since he has taken over the overall quality of PAPA has grown by leaps and bounds.

I can't say enough good things about everyone that is involved in the entire event, just that go out and support it because there is really nothing else like it on the planet.
Adam B.

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

... so what's your next life-long goal to be now Adam? Time to make some little Adams!

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

machine.slave wrote:... so what's your next life-long goal to be now Adam? Time to make some little Adams!
Do you really think the world could tolerate more then one of me? :P
Adam B.

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by TwilightZone »

Agree with Adam 100%. My only regret is not having gone sooner.

Squid, thanks for the tip. I didn't register early. Next year I will do that. I think I could do much better in the tourney if I focused more. I hate, hate, hate waiting around and the que is C was quite large. This was made worse by all the great games around. I kept thinking, "Why am I waiting to play this tourney game when I can play anyone of the hundreds literally beside me." B didn't seem as busy, so I'll likely try that next year. Classics might be interesting as well, but seemed to be popular as well.

Cheers,
Duane

edit
I wrote the above before Adam replied to Brock. He is right on that, too. The world does not need another Adam. :lol: :lol: :D

Hosted in Canada Surveys

Mike
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Mike »

That's awesome man, to be able to see your name hanging up in the rafters. I've been dying to go to PAPA, and hopefully next year will be the one for me!

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

Vengeance wrote: Do you really think the world could tolerate more then one of me? :P
True enough! :D

Pinball Junkie
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Pinball Junkie »

That was quite an achievement Adam! Along with the warehouse size candy store of pins and around a dozen arcade machines including "Varkon", I have to say the place was extremely clean and run very professionally. Any time a machine broke down and you were out a couple of tokens, a staff member would refund and/or an easy fix the machine, thank you for your patience, and supply you with even more tokens. Even the washroom had like 14 stalls that were being washed down what seemed to be on the hour. I had a blast!
Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,MBrLE,CCrLE,JJPOTCLE,WWind,WCS94,EBD,MM

Owned in the past: RFM,AvengersHulkLE,Elvis,EBD,EB,SegaGZ

Would like AFMrLE & PFLE.

Honey Badger
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Honey Badger »

Adam, It is so nice to see a Canadian Champion up there...kudos.
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Ricker »

Just saw this posting after being away for a bit and have to say that your banner looks fantastic. Congrats Adam!
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by necro_nemesis »

Vengeance wrote:
machine.slave wrote:... so what's your next life-long goal to be now Adam? Time to make some little Adams!
Do you really think the world could tolerate more then one of me? :P
Yeah, with a world full of little Adam's there may be a few of us hanging from those rafters.

Congrats man!
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.