Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

The Professional - $500 *Not Mine in Ottawa*

Post by OTTOgd »

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z428862333
Date Listed 05-Nov-12
$500.00
Navan, ON K4B 1J1, Canada

Pinball Machine, needs some TLC , some spare parts.
Attachments
$(KGrHqZHJEcFBfBDHOLZBQmJIjdVlQ~~48_20.JPG
$(KGrHqV,!nsFBZBUNPmTBQmJIZr!TQ~~48_20.JPG

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

The NOT MINE ads!

Post by Azatotht »

The old not mines thread died because of the new classifieds permissions.

Please now post all not mines here, in this single thread.

Rule is easy, if you dont own the game/parts/whatever you're posting, then it belongs here.

Thanks.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Surf Champ $100 obo NOT MINE

Post by necro_nemesis »

Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

jojob
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Post by jojob »

dungeons and dragons de bally
f-14 tomcat de williams

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z430247294

Doesn't want 1000 phone calls..... I'm sure the emails are just pouring in. ;)

Kingston Pete
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Kingston Pete »

I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

PM me if you want more details.

ken_cinder
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by ken_cinder »

Kingston Pete wrote:I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

I have plenty of parts, especially thanks to Ian, if anyone grabs this and needs some.

I still don't have mine up and running mind you, I sent my boards off to a guy out west over a YEAR ago and still have not gotten them back. I'm hopeful I will however, he sent me some NVRAM adapters for my other games, I think he's just super busy.

Not a $350 game in non working condition though...

Dany64
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Dany64 »

Pour les intéressés d'une Tales from the Crypt...

http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre ... Z433689045

Menace
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Menace »

The $3100 STTNG on Kijiji today didn't last long. And the seller mentioned a certain someone tried to scoop the game by offering more $$ after committing to selling to someone else.

Tisk tisk...

D

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

Menace wrote:The $3100 STTNG on Kijiji today didn't last long. And the seller mentioned a certain someone tried to scoop the game by offering more $$ after committing to selling to someone else.

Tisk tisk...

D
Someone offered more than $3100 ?

I assume these people drive prices down when they go to pick them up...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Menace
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Menace »

Azatotht wrote:Someone offered more than $3100 ?

I assume these people drive prices down when they go to pick them up...
My mistake, offered to send $$ sight unseen even though the seller committed to someone else. As for driving the price down on arrival, I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest as that would go hand in hand with the douchebaggery move on trying to snake the deal in the first place.

D

G-Man
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by G-Man »

Menace wrote:As for driving the price down on arrival, I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest as that would go hand in hand with the douchebaggery move on trying to snake the deal in the first place.
Yeah, I'm still undecided on whether the "offering more than asking price" thing is douchebaggery or not. People do offer above asking price on a house, so it's not the $$, it must be the timing of the thing. But if someone offers more money even after the sale, and says "call the other guy back and give him a chance to match my offer", then wouldn't that be acceptable ? And unless you tell the vendor NOT to tell the first guy, then you have no idea whether he will or not.

Then there's also the fact that 25% of "done" deals actually never come to fruition. The guy offering more money might be turned down by the vendor in favour of a buyer who never even shows up.

And then, perhaps the most random factor in all of this, what are the intentions/ethics of the guy with whom the vendor has the original sale ? For example, a guy jumps on a $2000 WW with intentions to flip it next week for $3000. Meanwhile, a guy who has been looking for one for his basement for a long time is willing to offer $2500 for it, even after the deal is supposedly "done." In this case, I'd say the pin-flipper is the bigger douchebag.

I'll have to think about it some more. :ugeek:

Menace
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Menace »

Glenn you make valid points, and you are correct it is never black and white unfortunately. I guess the difference here is I know the person who has "purchased" the STTNG pretty well, and this is not a case where the game will be "flipped" or the buyer not showing up after agreeing to purchase.

D

karmatose
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by karmatose »

I'm betting it was some guy named "Kevin" :geek:
It's insane to me that owning a racecar is cheaper than pinball is now. You're all crazy.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

karmatose wrote:I'm betting it was some guy named "Kevin" :geek:
Not this 'Kevin'.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Because I have limited means, I sometimes go in to Kijiji ads lower than asking price (but reasonable) and say something polite like

"I know this is lower than what you were asking, or anticipating, but it is what I can afford to pay for it (sight unseen, or detailing other conditions). You are likely to get better offers, but if you don't and want to sell (quickly, no strings attached or whatever the conditions might be), please give me a call."

I've successfully bought a few pins and slots with this kind of honest approach. Many sellers decide in the end they just don't like the whole "bargaining" aspect of Kijiji and would rather take a reasonable, "sight unseen" firm offer and quick pick up, than gamble on tire-kickers or "scoopers."

That being said, I've also had some people reneg on agreed deals before pick-up. I get disappointed, possibly miffed at the selfish "higher offerers" - but not angry with the seller. It's their property and the deal is not done until money or property exchange hands. I'd be less than enthused if the seller knew I was in the car on the way to pick-up when this occurs.

I could care less if someone flips UNLESS they're trying to flip one to me and I find out about it.

P.S. Does this discussion in a For Sale thread constitute potential "bullshit" :lol:

Ancient Games
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Ancient Games »

All I have to say is I respect a seller who asks a reasonable price for a machine and sticks with it. Even after someone else repeatedly trys to offer more AND get there before the other person. Very respectable on the sellers part. IF you don't happen to be first in line then the seller needs to be smart enough and honest enough to tell everyone that there are others ahead who would like to have a look and IF it doesn't sell they will be informed. Simple. I can see you loosing your spot if you offer less than asking right from the get go when there are alot of other inquires. But if you agree to what they want then you should be confident you won't be bumped.

I've bought 3 machines total from Kijiji over 6-7years from non collectors. EACH seller had the same experience but stuck with the order. I don't have the interenet with me everywhere I go or an ap to tell me when pins come up. If I see a decent ad I respond. Be it 1hour or 10hours later. So I guess I was fortunate those times. Never would I ever offer more or try to push someone out who has arranged a deal or viewing with someone else. I would ask to be informed if it doesnt' sell. As a player/collector I think its wrong. But as a flipper or business I can see it happening. Which is why I doubt that anyone who offers more is doing it because they desire it for their collection. They want to make money.

I'm glad there are still respectable and honest sellers like this around.

Hammerhead
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Hammerhead »

I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

ken_cinder wrote:
Kingston Pete wrote:I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

I have plenty of parts, especially thanks to Ian, if anyone grabs this and needs some.

I still don't have mine up and running mind you, I sent my boards off to a guy out west over a YEAR ago and still have not gotten them back. I'm hopeful I will however, he sent me some NVRAM adapters for my other games, I think he's just super busy.

$100 for a working Phoenix is too much. PF makes for good wall art.
WTB: nadda

cooke
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 8 times

Post by cooke »

Atomicboy wrote:
ken_cinder wrote:

$100 for a working Phoenix is too much. PF makes for good wall art.
Oh, puh-leease. You own a Pinbot. Your opinion on what constitutes a good vs. bad game is forever tainted and suspect.

Pinball Junkie
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Pinball Junkie »

Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,MBrLE,CCrLE,JJPOTCLE,WWind,WCS94,EBD,MM

Owned in the past: RFM,AvengersHulkLE,Elvis,EBD,EB,SegaGZ

Would like AFMrLE & PFLE.

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

Alien Poker - 650$ - Montreal West island (St-Lazare)

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et- ... Z476683695

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

Dr Who - 1250

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et- ... Z485471858

EXTERMINATE ! EXTERMINATE !

Dany64
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Dany64 »