[Do you insure your Pinball Machines? b]

Talk about anything that you would like.
Pinoffski

[Do you insure your Pinball Machines? b]

Postby Pinoffski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 am

My Home and contents insurance is due and i have been with the same company for 22 years i have asked about having them covered and it always is an issue.
They asked for a written evaluation from Dealer, so it has been pain in the _ss to do it.

Hopefully they were cover under Home contents insurance was unsure.

So we changed insurance company and now have pinball's as specified contents, which is separate now from general home contents.
Didn’t have to send pics of machines / serial numbers

So for $86au a year i insured 8 pinball's for $60K (Dealer replacement price) :D

Is it something that we may put off or just too busy..
Have thought about it :?:

Shit Happens Sometimes...
Just Food for thought.....

With recent losses with pinball's in Australia and in Germany due to fire i thought i would just raise it ...

Dave

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Re: [Do you insure your Pinball Machines? b]

Postby cap » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:04 am

I called my insurance before and they could not find any applicable exclusion so they said the pinballs were covered by the general home contents. They did not seem to care about the $15K price tag or a written evaluation.
That does not mean they will not make a fuss if ever I make a claim.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

4eyes
MAACA Collaborator

Postby 4eyes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:58 am

My insurance company was also not interested in them even though I value them at least $60K CAD, they said they'd be covered on content but to take pictures.
AFM, STTNG, TZ, TOM, FH, WW, TAF, JP, EBD, DISE

redketchup
MAACA Death Knight

Postby redketchup » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:54 pm

I'm in the process for mine, with all the pinball and jukebox, home contents is not enought... They ask me to take pictures of everything and ask for a amount that will be add to the content amount
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Insured by Smith & Wesson, and a hungry cranky bulldog.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

paidge
MAACA Priest

Postby paidge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm

redketchup wrote:I'm in the process for mine, with all the pinball and jukebox, home contents is not enought... They ask me to take pictures of everything and ask for a amount that will be add to the content amount

Same for me. With my home value, they told me 20k would be the highest value they would pay for toys or game like this in the basic contract. So I had to pay more for the extra value I was wanting to be coverred in this case.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Sparky wrote:Insured by Smith & Wesson, and a hungry cranky bulldog.

*starts firing gun incessantly as the flood waters rise*
dammit it's strong!
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe, スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Par Golf, 1960s Bingolette
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:46 pm

My advice would be to go through an insurance broker who acknowledges the value of your possessions and confirms to you in writing that they are covered under your home contents insurance.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm

cait001 wrote:
Sparky wrote:Insured by Smith & Wesson, and a hungry cranky bulldog.

*starts firing gun incessantly as the flood waters rise*
dammit it's strong!

That is virtually impossible, unless there is a massive cataclysm. And if that happens, I know my insurance will weasel themselves out of it and call it an act of God. I live on a hill, the highest house on the street. 6 feet above my neighbor's house, and exactly 59m above sea level.

I have a double sump pump with new check valves, new check valves in all floor drains, and the entire plumbing in the house has been replaced in the last 4 years with pex tubing, all done by myself, with special check valves in case of a pipe burst.

And the pins are covered in case of fire. The house is evaluated for 1M. I am good. LOL
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:22 pm

cdnpinballer wrote:My advice would be to go through an insurance broker who acknowledges the value of your possessions and confirms to you in writing that they are covered under your home contents insurance.

Agreed.

Statements like "add to the content amount" are just tacked on bullshit lines that insurance companies throw out there. Talk with your broker. There are people out there with way more than $60K in toys in their homes that aren't paying additional coverage.

SuperPinball

Postby SuperPinball » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 am

I think insurance is for things that you cannot afford to pay but must pay. For example, if I'm driving and I accidentally kill someone, the costs can go into the millions. You need insurance for that. Similarly, your million dollar home burns to the ground, you need insurance for that too. Pinball is not a necessity to replace, I know its tough to realize that but you can survive without. Plus you are dealing with a lot less money to replace compared to a house or a life so its best to self insure in cases like that.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”