The history of hard drivin arcade documentary

Talk about anything that you would like.
patmanqc
MAACA Collaborator

The history of hard drivin arcade documentary

Postby patmanqc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Re: The history of hard drivin arcade documentary

Postby OTTOgd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 pm

I love how you go through the different consoles, explaining the pluses and minuses of the emulation attempts. We all had different consoles growing up, if any (I was more 'puter than console, staring with Vic 20 then 64, 128, then PC's), and it's really nifty to see the evolution.

Admittedly, bitd, I was excited to see the 3D sit-down Hard Drivin', and played it! ... and I sucked at it. :cry: Pass. Back to Super Sprint I went!

Thanks again for the entertaining viducation, Pat!

patmanqc
MAACA Collaborator

Postby patmanqc » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 pm

OTTOgd wrote:I love how you go through the different consoles, explaining the pluses and minuses of the emulation attempts. We all had different consoles growing up, if any (I was more 'puter than console, staring with Vic 20 then 64, 128, then PC's), and it's really nifty to see the evolution.

Admittedly, bitd, I was excited to see the 3D sit-down Hard Drivin', and played it! ... and I sucked at it. :cry: Pass. Back to Super Sprint I went!

Thanks again for the entertaining viducation, Pat!

We must be pretty close in age. I started with a Commodore Vic 20, then went to a TI99 for some odd reason was don't recall why, then went to the Commodore 64. After that the Amiga and finally over to the PCs.

Glad you enjoyed my videos, I really enjoyed the arcade version of hard-driving and its sequel. I would've loved to a Tried airborne in the arcades.

uberhare
MAACA Barbarian

Postby uberhare » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:08 am

I remember walking up to the mall after school to play this one. We nick named it the `Cow game` :)

Also went from C64, C128, Amiga, sadly to PC when there was no much life left in Commodore. We also had a Colecovision Adam before the C64, so now I have dated myself! Anyone else remember typing in those MLX code programs out of the magazines into the 64? Rarely did I ever get it to work the first time....

I did exploit my C64 pretty well before moving on. I used to run a BBS on Color64 with an IEEE set of drives from the PET. Had a few 8051 drives, SFD1001 and a D9090 :) The only way to get close to 2400 baud was to store the files on the hard disk. Everything else was too slow. I think I still have a Supersnapshot somewhere.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”