Want to buy a pinball machine, delivered to Montreal, for like 2k?

Wanted Pinball Machines only Please / Seulement machines à boules recherchées
hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Want to buy a pinball machine, delivered to Montreal, for like 2k?

Postby hfpinball » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:19 pm

First hi all! New to the board, first post. Been looking at this site for a few time, kinda new to pinball , been playing the real thing for like 6 months ( im over 40 btw, yeah better late than never! ), was more playing pinball for like 2 years intensively digitally, like in The Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball, etc. Yeah, played a little when i was young, remember a lot playing Terminator 2, but was never into it. Started like 6 month ago, but not much area in Montreal we can play, i think the best pins to my liking that i really enjoy are Walking Dead, Metallica, Black Knight SoR, KISS Stern.

So i start thinking about owning a first pin. Been doing lots of reading, video watching , trying to see what pins i could like, and would like to own. Winter is coming! , so i might not go too often to the arcade or bar in Montreal, and i think i really need one before snow!

What i am looking at exactly? It would be a plus to be an early 80’ like pinball, a pinball with drops target, spinner, bonus multiplier. A solid state pinball, didnt find any fun with older EM machines , but pre 80´s is also something im looking at ( just as example, pinballs like Count - Down, Genie , Sinbad like ). It could be another plus if the pinball was having 1 ramp, another plus for a multiball. Been reading that pins with animated stuff with motor to spin, move object is something to maybe avoid, so really a simple pin with spinner, drop targets, no fancy stuff can do the job. DMD is not necessary, and might be very hard to obtain for the price i want to put on a first pin. Delivery would be a big plus, i really dont have any car to fit one, and to move it, well, delivered to my door, im not even sure my back could hold 250 lbs with someone, but i could try. Im in a appartment, so idealy, a pinball in which i could lower the sound effect , dont want to be a disturbance for my neighbours.

Budget? Idealy 1500$. Can go to 2000$ . Its a first pin, id love to learn a bit too how it work, really have zero understanding of electronics. A more reliable pinball? Hard to pinpoint, breaks can be random.

If i got a wishlist, well, going with a quick top 3 in which i might think it could go for the price im asking? Dont want to insult anyone if its worth more, area where we are and availability a big factor iv read, kind of using price of pinside, double it up to give me a rough idea of what it might worth? Here is my top 3 - Firepower II ( yes the second ), Sorcerer ( this one is probably out of my price range ), Space Shuttle. Games like Phoenix, Galaxy, Meteor, Mars God of War, Alien Poker, Dragon, Solar Ride, a fantasy, space theme is always a plus, but open to anything.

Just want a first pinball!

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Re: Want to buy a pinball machine, delivered to Montreal, for like 2k?

Postby cap » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 pm

When I use pinside for price guidance, I take the middle point and multiply by 1.55 That accounts for the exchange rate plus the tax at customs but it does not account for local market conditions.
You already know you can try many titles with virtual pinball. You can also try many machines at a pinball show like the Ottawa Pinball and Game Show which happens to be next week. There will be many machines for sale there. http://www.ottawapinball.com/opgs
You would be surprised how many problems you can solve without touching any of the electronic boards.
You can ask for delivery but you can also increase your options a lot if you can pick up the machine yourself with the help of a friend.
Good luck on your search.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Postby hfpinball » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for these info. Its what i see about from pinside price, like 1.5, 2x the price, availability of pins in Montreal seem to be taken into account.
I really would love to go to this Ottawa show, but got no transport. I hope one day Pinball in Montreal could become back as popular as it seem to be in Ottawa, really need to get there one day to see House of Targ, Ottawa Pinball Arcade. In Montreal there is North Star, and Arcade in downtown, but thats pretty much it.
And yeah its a thing i need to ask, even thinking i will need to have it delivered, got some back problem, i think ( im not even sure ), my back could hold a regular 250 pounds pinball, and a widebody at like what over 300 pounds, i never lift a refrigerator with someone, and it seem about the same weight.

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:59 pm

R.A.B. lists a few more places to play pinball in Montreal here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25649#p218502
You might get lucky, but in general few sellers offer delivery. To increase your options, consider hiring a moving company to deliver your pinball.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Postby hfpinball » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Oh interesting, didnt knew about the Lucky Ho bar, seem to have a pretty decent lineup! Have to go check it out. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip about the delivery option, i think i might need to do that if there is something i really want that cannot be moved.

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Veuillez consulter cette annonce :

Machine à boule,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autres-jeux-vid ... pp_android

Prix: 2 200 $

Téléchargez l’app sur Google Play.
http://goo.gl/04kAV4

hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Postby hfpinball » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 am

Thanks for the kijiji add link Nostalgiaqc. Not really sure its a pin i want, but it seem a good price for a DMD.

Return to “Pinball Machines WANTED / Machines à Boules Recherchées”