Laser Cue bell. Any way to turn it off?

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Laser Cue bell. Any way to turn it off?

Postby hfpinball » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm

One pin i might be interested to get one day is Laser Cue. I think it look to play very great , never played it but by looking videos of it, its one that catch my eye.

But one feature about it like annoy me, its the bell. Before making any move for it if it could happen, i wanted to know if that bell can simply be turn off so you never hear it!

There is Alien Power that is 90% similar and that can solve the bell problem, but im a bit more interested in Laser Cue.

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Re: Laser Cue bell. Any way to turn it off?

Postby Mrhide » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:01 pm

you can unsolder a wire to it and you will never hear it.

it only rings when you play multiplayer and win and I think when you get a special too.

it's fun and not that intrusive.
LF: EGRET 2 *FOUND!* + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Postby hfpinball » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Been looking at all videos on youtube, and the bell seem to ring every time you hit a ball drop target. But if there is a way to remove it its a plus, guess its something i would do owning it one day! Being in my own house i wouldnt mind, but in an appartment, just wanted to be more cautious for the neighbours.

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:16 pm

If you don't like un/soldering, it might be easier to just cut the wire just before the solder spot. Keep the wire as long as possible in case the next owner wants to repair it.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

hfpinball
MAACA Silent Type

Postby hfpinball » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 am

Good to know. I was thinking there might be a switch like that disable it, guessing also by being cut off, when hitting the targets, no other sounds effect will come out, guessing it might sound a bit flat . Anyway, its not purchase yet as im just considering it for now.

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”