Looking for coinboxes of all sorts

Wanted Pinball Parts only Please
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Looking for coinboxes of all sorts

Post by R.A.B. »

Never thought I would post on a parts wanted thread/ad ever again after being employeed in the industry at the age of 27, but goes to show that you never really can't tell what twists and turns the amusement industry will deal you, so here goes.

Most "collectors" I know (who are not hardcore), don't use their cashboxes. And most all regular players and enthusiates don't use coins to operate their games. So these abandoned coinboxes often end up on shelves to store nic nacs, parts, screws, or stay inside the machine for spare parts etc. - well I would like to purchases those (not the nic nacs), and put them to proper use, so I need freaking coinboxes, lots of them, especially video game ones (black or white-not picky about those). So I am looking to purchase any coin boxes for pinball, baseballs, and whatever looks like a usually recatangular weirdly shaped metal (or plastic) box sometimes with a cover and/or handle for lifting them out of a machine when they have some weight to them. So really, any cashbox you are not using for coin operated pinball machines all the way back to the 50's, all makes and particularily plastic video game ones like in the picture below.

Do not need old arcade metal cashboxes, just pins, baseballs and the plastic video game ones still in use today.

If you still don't know what I am asking for, here are some pics - (oh god have mercy)

20230128_120333.jpg
PM me please if you want to sell the ones you are not using.

Rab
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

shinynick
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Looking for coinboxes of all sorts

Post by shinynick »

Hey Rob I have some, see pic
Attachments
Coin boxes.JPG

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

PM sent, thanks Nick.

Still need video game cashboxes, about a dozen - locally would be ideal.

Thanks,

Rab

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 411 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Mrhide »

demande a chenille d'en designer une pis on va t'en 3d printer un paquet!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Mrhide wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 am demande a chenille d'en designer une pis on va t'en 3d printer un paquet!
LoL, je ne farrais pas ca a mon ami, anyway, quand le coinbox est plein y ai pessant......yikes !!

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

R.A.B. wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:33 pmquand le coinbox est plein y ai pessant......yikes !!
You have big plans I see! :D
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Mrhide wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:46 pm
R.A.B. wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:33 pmquand le coinbox est plein y ai pessant......bottom may fall out of a printed one, yikes !!
You have big plans I see! :D
How can I have big plans when I am so small minded Phil ? :lol:

Hell, I always pander to common tastes. :FP: Eaiser than being creative, follow the traffic and it will lead you where everyone else is going, and I can tell you from experience that it points the way to no where special.

Hugs,

Rab

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Thanks to those who have offered up pinball machine coinboxes, (in many cases for free) it is very much appreciated.

Still need about 10 video game plastic cashboxes if anyone has some out there that they keep stuff like (45 rpms singles)in there rather than coin drop. :lol:

Got to appreciate the connections we have made over time
Got to appreciate the connections we have made over time
Buddah Pow Wow.jpg (44.85 KiB) Viewed 559 times

Thanks in advance,
Rab

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Still looking for 3 plastic video game cashboxes (preferably locally) and any Williams man run unit baseball machine cashboxes, there are a variety of those so let's say for anything from the 50's and early 60's would be super.

The rest is all OK thanks to your generosity.

Thanks in advance.

Rab

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

R.A.B. wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:49 am Still looking for 3 plastic video game cashboxes (preferably locally) and any Williams man run unit baseball machine cashboxes, there are a variety of those so let's say for anything from the 50's and early 60's would be super.
Tell you what ... I do have 3 plastic video game cashboxes that you can have ... and I'll design and print myself some new ones.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Over a decade ago, I bought a Centipede that had a coin box that was modified to hold more coins!

Sorry, Row-bear, I sold it all back then.
Attachments
100_6668.JPG
100_6665.JPG

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Mrhide wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:34 am
R.A.B. wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:49 am Still looking for 3 plastic video game cashboxes (preferably locally) and any Williams man run unit baseball machine cashboxes, there are a variety of those so let's say for anything from the 50's and early 60's would be super.
Tell you what ... I do have 3 plastic video game cashboxes that you can have ... and I'll design and print myself some new ones.
I do appreciate your offer MrHide, but save your plastic rods for now, found the remaining video game cashboxes I needed this weekend, - standby however, never know, I may call on you to start printing, instead of bothering Chnill. :lol:

The Williams baseball ones are tricky to match to the games, regardless, seen alot of odd ball cashboxes in the past little while. Some modified ones like the Centipede coinbox depicted by Otto. Reminded me of the modded bingo cashboxes I would see on old bingos. The original coinboxes were pretty large to begin with, yet some operators made a hole in the bottom and stuck a funnel in it which led to an added locked drawer below the front of the cabinet between the two front legs. They couldn't collect those things fast enough I was told. There were about 150 operators in the Montreal area back in th early 50's, before and even after Drapeau brought the hammer down. All you needed back then to be an operator were about 10 bingo machines, an account at Laniel parts in order support the repairs and make a good living, however borderline criminal that occupation was in character. Now it is all legit if you are a corporation or the government.

Sheet ! Sheet ! Sheet ! Oh my - kaff, kaff, - those were the days I want to hold you man ! :FP:

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by OTTOgd »

R.A.B. wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:56 am ... The original coinboxes were pretty large to begin with, yet some operators made a hole in the bottom and stuck a funnel in it which led to an added locked drawer below the front of the cabinet between the two front legs. They couldn't collect those things fast enough I was told. There were about 150 operators in the Montreal area back in th early 50's, before and even after Drapeau brought the hammer down. All you needed back then to be an operator were about 10 bingo machines, an account at Laniel parts in order support the repairs and make a good living, however borderline criminal that occupation was in character. Now it is all legit if you are a corporation or the government.
Got any pics of the modified coin collectors?? I would love to see how operators dealt with having too much money!